tberta.brooks

Help with I134 - is this a hinderance?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Peeps . . . soooo anyone who has been following my journey (I have made a few posts, hehehehe) know that I am in the process of sending my guy our proof of "bona fide relationship" package . . .As part of this I am filling out the I-134 affidavit of support. My current income far exceeds the requirement for I am a paralegal working for a law firm. Well, my question is . . I dont have any savings to speak of . . .I do have a life insurance policy, I just sold my house back to the bank (this year) and currently renting, so no mortgage or property value to declare. I have no retirement or stocks to speak of. Will this hinder me in anyway regarding the support issue? I will provide the necessary check stubs/employment letter and tax returns (2 years). Thanks for all yall's help.

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The VJ site's I-134 tips, http://www.visajourney.com/content/support, describe in very good detail what is necessary for the I-134. Your ability to verify your current income to their satisfaction is often the key to a successful visa interview.

Check in with your regional forum, and review the interviewing embassy/consulate information for any specific requirements.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

your last sentence of what you will provide is all you need to support your I-134 from. who dont have to mention any asserts if you dont have to since your support base on income not assert

06-21-2012- sent I-129F petition

06-25-2012 - NOA1

06-30-2012 - NOA1 hard copy received

09-13-2012 - NOA2

09-17-2012 - NOA2 hard copy received

09-19-2012 - NVC received

09-20-2012 - Case# received

09-24-2012 - NVC left

09-27-2012 - consulate received

10-18-2012 - interview approved pending I-134 form (was submitted not sure what happen)

10-25-2012 - resubmitted I-134 and asked to pick up visa on the 10-30-2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello Peeps . . . soooo anyone who has been following my journey (I have made a few posts, hehehehe) know that I am in the process of sending my guy our proof of "bona fide relationship" package . . .As part of this I am filling out the I-134 affidavit of support. My current income far exceeds the requirement for I am a paralegal working for a law firm. Well, my question is . . I dont have any savings to speak of . . .I do have a life insurance policy, I just sold my house back to the bank (this year) and currently renting, so no mortgage or property value to declare. I have no retirement or stocks to speak of. Will this hinder me in anyway regarding the support issue? I will provide the necessary check stubs/employment letter and tax returns (2 years). Thanks for all yall's help.

Good morning! It looks like you would be just fine. You have the evidence to support that your current income exceeds the poverty line with the pay stubs and employment letter, and you also have the employment letter; so it sounds like you are set good.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you will be just fine. the most important thing is that you make enough to support the family :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is all that I am gathering, checkstubs, W-2's, employment letter, and income taxes for 2 years. I only entered my income and I left the rest blank.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is all that I am gathering, checkstubs, W-2's, employment letter, and income taxes for 2 years. I only entered my income and I left the rest blank.

Thank you everyone . . will do. :thumbs:

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is not a requirement to have, list or provide proof of assets. Since you make more than enough with your income alone, leave the assets portion of the I-134 blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.