papples

AOS Interview Passport not Stamped

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI everyone,

Just had our AOS Interview yesterday, IO was okay and polite. It was a usual Interview questions such as how we met, what happened next then asked for documents showing both our names on it like bank statements etc. IO also looked at our original documents and took some of our wedding photos, Interview lasted for like 20 minutes then IO informed us that he will recommend our case for approval in short he did not approve us on the spot, according to him his supervisor needs to check if he did everything correct with our papers. IO gave us a Removal of Condition slip that the three of us signed, he explained a bit with regards to the same and informed us that if our case will be approved we will be receiving my green card in 2 to 3 weeks. I was really confused because i don't know if we got approved or not, all i know is that IO did not stamp my Passport, did not even ask for my EAD and did not take my i-94's at firs i was calm but when our online status changed within the day from testing/interview back to initial review i started to panick..

can someone shed a light on this...

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

No need to panic, the online updates are commonly unreliable.

As said, stamp in the passport is rare. The IO asked for my EAD but I don't even remember if he looked at it. He told me to keep it, that I don't even need to destroy it. The only thing that I think abnormal in what you said is that he didn't take your I-94 from your passport... Maybe he was new? But again, do not panic, no reason for it.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

HI everyone,

Just had our AOS Interview yesterday, IO was okay and polite. It was a usual Interview questions such as how we met, what happened next then asked for documents showing both our names on it like bank statements etc. IO also looked at our original documents and took some of our wedding photos, Interview lasted for like 20 minutes then IO informed us that he will recommend our case for approval in short he did not approve us on the spot, according to him his supervisor needs to check if he did everything correct with our papers. IO gave us a Removal of Condition slip that the three of us signed, he explained a bit with regards to the same and informed us that if our case will be approved we will be receiving my green card in 2 to 3 weeks. I was really confused because i don't know if we got approved or not, all i know is that IO did not stamp my Passport, did not even ask for my EAD and did not take my i-94's at firs i was calm but when our online status changed within the day from testing/interview back to initial review i started to panick..

can someone shed a light on this...

Thank you.

Don't worry about it. Everything is beyond fine

Married: 24th February

Adjusting from B2 Visa

Concurrent filing I130, I485 and I765:

Day 0.... 08/06/12- Package mailed to Chicago Lockbok via FedEx ground

Day 2.... 08/08/12- Package delivered and signed for

Day 4.... 08/10/12- Received Email and text confirmation

Day 8.... 08/14/12- Check cleared

Day11... 08/17/12- I797C, NOA biometric appt received. Scheduled date 08/31/12 @ 12:00

Day16....08/22/12- Biometric appt completed.... Early walk-in less than 15 minutes

Day16....08/22/12- Received NOA hard copies in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765

Day38....09/13/12- Received text notification for interview. Scheduled date 10/18/10

Day40....09/15/12- Received hard copy for interview. Scheduled 10/18/12 @ 12:45 Holtsville NY

Day61....10/06/12- Received text notification about EAD card production

Day66....10/11/12- Received 2nd and 3rd text notification about EAD card in production

Day67....10/12/12- Received notification card was picked up by USPS

Day70....10/15/12- Received EAD card in the mail. I'm loving it

Day72....10/17/12- Went to SS Office to apply for card

Day73....10/18/12- Interview day!!!! Approved

Day77....10/22/12- Received approval letters for I-130 and I-485. Got SS card

Day78....10/23/12- Got 2 text msgs about card production

Day79....10/24/12- Green card mailed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just keep checking online or check your mailbox everyday...

I had interview last Sept 10 approved on the spot but still no GC yet and no card production online

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our io didn't stamp my passport too.she (io) took the I-94 though.told me to keep the ead.but advised to return the ead card when it expired to uscis by mail. Also told us that she will recommend us for approval. Got the GC after 7 business days,

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My passport didn't get stamped either. I asked if I needed a stamp, the interviewer said 'no,' They don't stamp passports anymore and he told me that he would only give me a stamp if I had some travel documents (flight confirmation, etc.). He said if the green card didn't come in time for my upcoming travel I could have an infopass appt and get my passport stamped then. So don't worry.

Thanks, for the speedy respones peeps.. i really appreciate it..

I know for a fact that the IO is not new, he is very polite but i must admit very intimidating but it doen'nt matter i know he is just doing his job.

I guess we will have to wait on what's gonna happen, i am just confuse and seriously can't stop thinking about it. Hope to hear something from them in a couple if days... I'll keep u guys posted!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Holliver, thank you! One question though, have they taken your I94 or your ead?

Yes, he took my I-94. I hadn't received my EAD. That arrived in the post the following week (one day before I got my green card, lol).

Hi everyone i just got this message today. Is this a good thing? I am over thinking a lot lately and yeah sometimes it affects my common sense.

Decision

On September 25, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision

That is for my i485 and as i said i will keep u guys posted so below is the message i rcvd for my i130

Initial Review

On September 25, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appropriate appellate body for review. They will notify you directly when they make a final decision. If you move while this case is pending, follow the instructions provided in the notice and use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud

I hope this is a good news..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone i just got this message today. Is this a good thing? I am over thinking a lot lately and yeah sometimes it affects my common sense.

Decision

On September 25, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision

Congrats! :star:

They never took my husband's EAD or I-94 at the interview either. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, these are good news, your case is approved. The update on the I-485 is the Welcome letter mailed. Congrats! See, there was no need to panic. :P

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.