Danno

Romney gives more to charity than Obama and Biden combined.

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When you see the Gov't as your brothers keeper, you act accordingly.

“Heartless” Romney Blows Obama/Biden Away in Charity Gifts

Picture-921.png

By Clash Daily / 21 September 2012 / 18 Comments

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was far more generous to charities than President Barack Obama or Vice President Joe Biden last year, both in dollar terms and as a percentage of income, tax return data Romney’s campaign released Friday indicate.

Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in.

Obama and first lady Michelle Obama gave 21.8 percent of their income to charitable organizations last year, donating $172,130 out of the $789,674 they made.

Biden and his wife, Jill, gave 1.5 percent of their income away in 2011, with charitable donations totaling $5,540 out of $379,035.

Republicans have mocked Obama and especially Biden for being unusually tight-fisted when it comes to making charitable gifts.

When the Obama campaign released past tax returns for Biden in 2008, it was revealed that the Bidens donated just $3,690 to charity over 10 years — an average of $369 a year.

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2012/09/heartless-romney-blows-obamabiden-away-in-charity-gifts/#ixzz27DcTy06G

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Cool story

It's amazing how one year's worth of tax returns has made the right so happy. Too bad Mitt's been running for President for like seven years.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats because: Myself, Obama and Biden are a percentage in Romney's campaign. 47% I believe. This Politicle game is so out of touch by both Romney and Obama. The 99% know there screwed no matter who wins. And you are the 99% if not one of Romney's 47%. Be sure and get out and Vote.. Romney says: If I can just get 5% more idiots to see my way instead of 5% more idiots to see Obama's way.. Its a done deal. I win ! Then, I'll buy my wife that 4th Cadillac she been asking for. If Obama wins its another 4 million vacation to Hawaii. The campaign focuses on jobs and immigration for both parties. But, thats only to get your vote.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Thats because: Myself, Obama and Biden are a percentage in Romney's campaign. 47% I believe. This Politicle game is so out of touch by both Romney and Obama. The 99% know there screwed no matter who wins. And you are the 99% if not one of Romney's 47%. Be sure and get out and Vote.. Romney says: If I can just get 5% more idiots to see my way instead of 5% more idiots to see Obama's way.. Its a done deal. I win ! Then, I'll buy my wife that 4th Cadillac she been asking for. If Obama wins its another 4 million vacation to Hawaii. The campaign focuses on jobs and immigration for both parties. But, thats only to get your vote.

Good news!

You don't "have to be" in the 47%..... just pull your own weight... it's a uniquely American idea. (Or used to be)

William Penn

Good news!

You don't "have to be" in the 47%..... just pull your own weight... it's a uniquely American idea. (Or used to be)

Please prove that 47% of the population do not pull their own weight.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Cool story

It's amazing how one year's worth of tax returns has made the right so happy. Too bad Mitt's been running for President for like seven years.

Well the non-release made the left happy for months - though most saw it as a baiting tactic so the damage is limited.. I am not part of the right but I am happy because after a week or so of spin from both sides trying to pull some shock out of those boring numbers I don't have to hear about it anymore.

I have not looked at the particulars for the charitable giving but the norm for those is good standing is 10% of gross earnings goes to the Mormon church.. I am surprised the left has not found a way to highlight this yet to undermine his charitable contributions.. The usual tactic being extreme leftists blogs posting the info and then the mainstream media talking about the blogs posting in an "isn't that interesting what the fringes are saying" type fashion.. Then NPR can do an hour on a related topic "Blog postings this week question whether Mr. Romney's charitable donations to the Mormon church should be considered charity for tax write-offs.. In this hour on Talk of the Nation we will discuss giving.. When is it charity and when is it something else?"

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good news!

Used to be is correct. Did all those people over the last 5 years wish to be foreclosed upon due to lost jobs and the American Dream. NO. Banks ridiculesly lended money with "If/And" Contracts. Major lending institutions corrupt proceedures overseen by the US Goverment or that is what we thought they were doing. The middle class are now the working poor and the poor got poorer. Children living in automobiles with familys if there lucky parked in a Wal-mart parking lot overnight. PULL YOUR OWN WEIGHT.. The Average American does that and gets sucked blind by Goverment and thats what keeps the wealthy going and there is no stop forseeable in this pattern. The CPI increases and wages or jobs don't. Seen your grocery bill lately? I have to say with no Political affiliation that though it seems controversial that Obama should stay in Office since we have no choice other than Romney who could give a Rats #### about you and your family. They can take our homes but we still have the Right to Vote. No matter what idiot we Voted for..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Please prove that 47% of the population do not pull their own weight.

47% that fill out tax forms do not pay taxes...

The number applied as Romney did is bunk of course... Little old ladies living on social security do not pay taxes but they should not be seen as leaches on the system.. We do (and should ) support them. The same is true for say.. students working part time. They don't earn enough to pay taxes and therefore are part of the 47% but they should not be seen as a burden.

But remember.. for everyone that gets a dollar for doing nothing someone else has to earn that dollar they were given (or it is borrowed against our children). There is a very valid point to be made that we have too many people taking and too few people giving - it is not sustainable forever. That is the central argument. Irrelevant of how we *want* it to be at some point we have to be able to afford it..

Timeline

Used to be is correct. Did all those people over the last 5 years wish to be foreclosed upon due to lost jobs and the American Dream. NO. Banks ridiculesly lended money with "If/And" Contracts. Major lending institutions corrupt proceedures overseen by the US Goverment or that is what we thought they were doing. The middle class are now the working poor and the poor got poorer. Children living in automobiles with familys if there lucky parked in a Wal-mart parking lot overnight. PULL YOUR OWN WEIGHT.. The Average American does that and gets sucked blind by Goverment and thats what keeps the wealthy going and there is no stop forseeable in this pattern. The CPI increases and wages or jobs don't. Seen your grocery bill lately? I have to say with no Political affiliation that though it seems controversial that Obama should stay in Office since we have no choice other than Romney who could give a Rats #### about you and your family. They can take our homes but we still have the Right to Vote. No matter what idiot we Voted for..

Hey I feel your pain, the Obama Economy has not been easy on most folks.

Look I am no fan of Romney, in fact if you search back you will find posts where I said I would never vote for him (as I didn't for McCain) but when you get past all the BS advertisements, Romney is a successful business guy with a real track record of turning failure into success.

I don't like him for his social flipflops and he is not really a "small Gov't" conservative.... but I will say this, there is no one from either party who has run in the last two elections who is more suited to get this economy turned around.

Obama is a nice guy but he had no experience when he came in and he just is not equipped to move this country forward.

If he is elected, he will be up against a GOP controlled house and Senate. which spells gridlock.

I never thought I would be shilling for Romney of all people.... but he is our best hope.

William Penn

Timeline

How much of his donations went to his cult?

That tone is unusual for you.

:wow:

HIs CHurch is certainly no more of a cult than that racial Org. Obama was involved in for 2 decades.

Need I post again the material from Trinity?

William Penn

Is anyone going to prove to me that America is 47% people who don't earn their keep? And use real numbers, not the numbers Romney gave you.

Filed: Timeline

Is anyone going to prove to me that America is 47% people who don't earn their keep? And use real numbers, not the numbers Romney gave you.

That 47% figure is too low. Too many clock watchers in this world. Just look how many folks here post from their workstations when they should be doing what the job providers pay them to do.

Three_Providers.jpg

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

Neither side disputes the numbers, just the interpretation..

Percentage of people filing but not paying taxes through 2008:

FF214figure1-large.jpg

2010: 45%

2011: 47%

Nice trends huh??.. We could probably label it "People bitching that they need more" and it would look much the same...