Angela Murray

Skype Screen Caps as Photo Evidence?

13 posts in this topic

My husband is a pain in the a** when camera's become involved. The moment he notices a camera aimed in his direction he runs for cover or at you lol. On rare occasions he'll allow you to photograph him but for the most part you have to have ninja skills. Now I fear it may come to bite us in the ####. We have photos together (50 ish) just he and I but as far as with other people (Stuart and my friends, Me with his family etc) we have around 20. This is over the 2 years we've been together.

We're at the whole 'establishing domicile' stage of the game since we're now just awaiting his interview date. As of September 3rd I've been in America getting our apartment sorted and relocating my business while he's back in the UK continuing to work and awaiting the interview. We Skype several times daily and often me and my family (Mom, Sister) will Skype with he and his (Mother, Brother, Father, Step Mom, Step Dad). On these occasions I've taken to screen capping Skype sessions...For example, Me and my mom VS Stuart and his Brother:

skypepic3_zps78545ae7.jpg

Would these be admissible?

Edited by Angela Murray

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A few snapshots together ought to be fine. Don't obsess over one aspect of documenting the relationship. The CO considers the totality of evidence presented.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband is a pain in the a** when camera's become involved. The moment he notices a camera aimed in his direction he runs for cover or at you lol. On rare occasions he'll allow you to photograph him but for the most part you have to have ninja skills. Now I fear it may come to bite us in the ####. We have photos together (50 ish) just he and I but as far as with other people (Stuart and my friends, Me with his family etc) we have around 20. This is over the 2 years we've been together.

We're at the whole 'establishing domicile' stage of the game since we're now just awaiting his interview date. As of September 3rd I've been in America getting our apartment sorted and relocating my business while he's back in the UK continuing to work and awaiting the interview. We Skype several times daily and often me and my family (Mom, Sister) will Skype with he and his (Mother, Brother, Father, Step Mom, Step Dad). On these occasions I've taken to screen capping Skype sessions...For example, Me and my mom VS Stuart and his Brother:

skypepic3_zps78545ae7.jpg

Would these be admissible?

They would help prooving that you 2 are together and have been having frequent contact with eachother. It would help show a ongoing relationship, if thats what your asking.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Unless he is wanted by Interpol or the FBI, man up and do a few nice photos for USCIS.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

A few snapshots together ought to be fine. Don't obsess over one aspect of documenting the relationship. The CO considers the totality of evidence presented.

I'm obsessing over every aspect. I really need to try and calm down. Each day it's different. Usually directly related to whatever horror stories I've read here :wacko: . Thanks for the info!

They would help prooving that you 2 are together and have been having frequent contact with eachother. It would help show a ongoing relationship, if thats what your asking.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding this to the photos section since that's looking slightly on the anemic side. But if you think it works proving an ongoing relationship overall I'll add it anywhere so long as it helps. Thanks!

Unless he is wanted by Interpol or the FBI, man up and do a few nice photos for USCIS.

I was able to get a good chunk of photos out of him but not nearly as many as a lot of these shutterbugs out there. He refuses to even LOOK at photos that he's been in. That's why I've taken to screen caps whenever more of either of our family become involved in the chats.

I'm obsessing over every aspect. I really need to try and calm down. Each day it's different. Usually directly related to whatever horror stories I've read here :wacko: . Thanks for the info!

If the horror stories aren't an actual experience from the embassy in LONDON written by the person who interviewed (not second hand retelling version) then ignore them. It sounds like you have 70 more photos than people normally are asked for in London. Why do you need more?

Have you been living in the UK and need to show your intent to domicile in the US? DCF filer? Photos is not really the way to do that.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

This is me too. I wonder if people like you and me are really just over thinking this stuff. ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

This is me too. I wonder if people like you and me are really just over thinking this stuff. ;)

That's what my lawyer said. She said we were over thinking and not to give them more than they ask for.

If the horror stories aren't an actual experience from the embassy in LONDON written by the person who interviewed (not second hand retelling version) then ignore them. It sounds like you have 70 more photos than people normally are asked for in London. Why do you need more?

Have you been living in the UK and need to show your intent to domicile in the US? DCF filer? Photos is not really the way to do that.

I lived in the UK for 3 years. I came back to the USA last month. So far I've got an apartment, registered my business with the IRS to this address, I'm waiting for the original marriage certificate to make it over from England so that I can renew my passport to my current address with my married name.

As far as intent to domicile I'll be able to show a lease and my letter confirming my business being registered to this address from the IRS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I lived in the UK for 3 years. I came back to the USA last month. So far I've got an apartment, registered my business with the IRS to this address, I'm waiting for the original marriage certificate to make it over from England so that I can renew my passport to my current address with my married name.

As far as intent to domicile I'll be able to show a lease and my letter confirming my business being registered to this address from the IRS.

Photos are considered secondary evidence and for the UK just a few photos of you both together and 2 or 3 wedding photos would suffice. The best evidence you can provide would be documents that show a co-mingle of funds. Bank accounts, insurance policies, leases past and present, etc.... Pictures for your case are not as necessary as they would be for somebody in my case because the consulate we have to go through has been labeled a high fraud post. Best wishes!

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Photos are considered secondary evidence and for the UK just a few photos of you both together and 2 or 3 wedding photos would suffice. The best evidence you can provide would be documents that show a co-mingle of funds. Bank accounts, insurance policies, leases past and present, etc.... Pictures for your case are not as necessary as they would be for somebody in my case because the consulate we have to go through has been labeled a high fraud post. Best wishes!

Thanks! We've got a joint bank account in the UK and I'm on the lease of the house his currently living in. I moved in there in Feb but left in August to get stuff done here. No insurance policies, I find that whole thing a little morbid however I know that will change once we have kids. I didn't know that about Morocco! The more I read here the more I learn about immigration experiences from different countries. Best of luck on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.