edenjames

I-134 affidavit of support

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was reading the instructions for I-134 and it states:

"Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that applies to your situation.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and 3. Present balance.

B. Statement(s) of your employer on business stationery showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid; and

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or 2. Report of commercial rating concern."

As it says 'any' and not 'all' of the documents listed, does this mean just a letter from your employer if you are way above the 125% poverty is enough evidence? Has anyone supplied only the employer letter and been approved? I am in Australia.

I appreciate your help

Met online - July 19, 2011

First Visit to California - November 24, 2011

Second Visit to California with my children - March 22, 2012

Third visit Chris came to Australia - June 9, 2012

Got engaged - June 9, 2012

Sent I-129F - July 13, 2012

Received at Dallas Lockbox - July 17, 2012

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since I was way above the income level, I had a letter from my employer, last 3 months pay stubs, last 6 month bank statements, W-2 and last 3 years tax return. My fiancee was approved. I did not sent the bank letter.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I would not provide only that. You can provide tax returns, they are easy to get from the IRS, as well as pay stubs. Those evidences are more appreciated but the embassy/USCIS, and better be safe (particularly when it's easy to get those documents) than sorry.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

"Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that applies to your situation.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Salary paid; and

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or 2. Report of commercial rating concern."

As it says 'any' and not 'all' of the documents listed, does this mean just a letter from your employer if you are way above the 125% poverty is enough evidence? Has anyone supplied only the employer letter and been approved? I am in Australia.

I appreciate your help

The recent paystubs are a better proof of current income than the letter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason I ask is that there is a hold up with my fiancés taxes so in the event that we are approved soon we wanted to know if we could get by with just the employer letter and pay stubs. I have also sent an email to the embassy in Sydney asking them to clarify the evidence required. I will let everyone know what their response is.

Met online - July 19, 2011

First Visit to California - November 24, 2011

Second Visit to California with my children - March 22, 2012

Third visit Chris came to Australia - June 9, 2012

Got engaged - June 9, 2012

Sent I-129F - July 13, 2012

Received at Dallas Lockbox - July 17, 2012

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason I ask is that there is a hold up with my fiancés taxes so in the event that we are approved soon we wanted to know if we could get by with just the employer letter and pay stubs. I have also sent an email to the embassy in Sydney asking them to clarify the evidence required. I will let everyone know what their response is.

If a filing extension has been granted, submit a copy of that letter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

1. Date account opened;

2. Salary paid; and

C. If self-employed:

I appreciate your help

You need to provide supporting evidence of emploment letter. Pay stubs, W-2, tax returns or transcripts.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to provide supporting evidence of emploment letter. Pay stubs, W-2, tax returns or transcripts.

When you refer to transcripts what exactly are you referring to? I'm gathering my information for I-134 and have all the other items except "transcripts". We are filing for the k1 (NOA2 recvd 3/8/13)so want to be sure if these transcripts will apply for K1.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.