NiNi123

VictiM of marriage fraud

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I need help here. My husband got 10 yrs green card . He left me after 2 montths of living together in h US. I know there is nothing j van do yo deport him. Can I withdraw the AOS? How? Any one had this experience please share . I am so desperate. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:wow: I am so sorry to hear this.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I need help here. My husband got 10 yrs green card . He left me after 2 montths of living together in h US. I know there is nothing j van do yo deport him. Can I withdraw the AOS? How? Any one had this experience please share . I am so desperate. Thank you.

Are you the sister that is the co-sponsor or are you the sis that had the baby and husband?

Anyway you can't do anything about pulling the support papers because the person has already recieved their greencard. That is why as a contract people are to READ the Affidavit of Support document BEFORE it is signed and know that when you do you are 100% sure that the immigrant won't become a public charge/use means tested benefits and if they do you're 100% liable. What you should do if you are quite positive you have been scammed is gather quality evidence and send it to ICE. They may not deport the husband but what it could do is give him hell during Naturalization or if he should petition for a new wife.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I often wonder if the people who agreed to co-sign an affidavit of support knows what they're getting into. If spouses themselves get victimizes when they had spent so much time getting to know that person, how much more co-sponsors.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: Timeline

AaawwwWW...i'm so sorry to heard this.

what's up with ALL the nightmare i've been reading today :unsure:

i really wish NONE of us petitioner goes to this...it will be heart breaking if it happen to me too :crying: nor anyone :crying::bonk:

i have no advise dear...but i will offer you my big hugssss XXXXX :blush:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Dont get me wrong,I know there are alot of marriage fraud,but how about the innocent aliens who are being used too.I am an alien who got conditional GC.My US husband and I lived together in my country for 4 yrs before we got married.He brought me here and on the second day in this country,he threw me and my daughter out in the snow claiming I stole his phone.He told the authorities that I was destroying the room,which at that time we were staying at an army base.

The authorities were sympathetic because they saw that he was acting crazy and told me not to think that all American are like that.

I was forced travelled to NY by Greyhound bus to go to my sis,which I didnt know the way because I was jus here for 2 days when that happened.

After 4 months,he contacted me and ask me to come and try to make our marriage work.He booked my flight and I went leaving my daughter behind with my sister because she didnt want to go back to live with him.

During living with him,at first he was nice.Later he was a beast again,didnt want me to talk to the phone.He planned to take my phone away and only allow me to use the house phone.He called ICE and USCIS after he threw us out and told them that I defrauded him to get a GC and that they should deport me and my daughter.I never knew he did that until I moved with him and saw his email to the USCIS AND ICE.

I lived with him for 1 yr away from my daughter.We lived in Kansas and I am from the caribbean and there isnt the kind of food there that I can eat.I asked him if he would considering moving to some place where I can get decent food to eat because I was getting sick.He said that his son is there and he wanted a relationship with his son and grandson.His son is married and living his own life with his family while I had to stuck up to what he said when I have a teenage child that I give up to be with him.This guy dont work.He is a 100% disable Veteran and a retired postal worker who can live any part of the world and get two check at the beginning of the month.

My daughter was about to graduate in June and I told him I needed to attend and he can if he wanted too.He was annoyed and told me if I think about going to NY that would be it.That pissed me off,afterall she is my kid.However later he agreed and asked if we were gonna stay at my family.I told him I can stay there but if we all go,we would have to get a hotel.He got mad and said why we cant stay by my family.

This is the guy who abused my family over and over,the last time was when he threw my daughter and I out 2 days after entering the US.My family put him up more than one time and he always abuse them in the end.

This is a man when he moved to Kansas,his son had a home where he lived with his wife and son and he had to rent a hotel until he could get an apartment.I am the alien and I was the one that got used.

We married in 2010 and the first month after our marriage,he added me on his VA as a dependent so that he can get extra added to his check.Todate he hasnt provided me with health insurance and he isolate me and always threaten to tell the USCIS that i just wanted a GC,which he did over and over.I guess by now,the USCIS knows his name clearly.

He bought me a one way ticket to NY for my daughter graduation and after conversating with him for a couple of days,he cut off all conversations with me and threaten old me he wants a divorce,but he didn want support my daughter and I due to the AOS and he is gonna fight us till the end.I am due to file for ROC next month and dont know what to do.So you can see that not all US citizens that claim marriage fraud are being truthful.There are alot of other things to consider.

My US husband kids claimed that he has always been this way.His daughter ran away from home at the age of 15yrs because of his attitude.He is daignosed with Dysthmic disorder,generalized anxiety,bipolar and he was on alot of strong meds like morphine,clonazapan,oxycodone and some others.So I am left stuck in NY and I am the one that was being used by this US citizen.I called his phone and he wouldnt answer.I emailed him and he does the same.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You've lived with him for 4 years and you didn't know what he was like and 2 days into the country, he suddenly became a #######?

Dont get me wrong,I know there are alot of marriage fraud,but how about the innocent aliens who are being used too.I am an alien who got conditional GC.My US husband and I lived together in my country for 4 yrs before we got married.He brought me here and on the second day in this country,he threw me and my daughter out in the snow claiming I stole his phone.He told the authorities that I was destroying the room,which at that time we were staying at an army base.

The authorities were sympathetic because they saw that he was acting crazy and told me not to think that all American are like that.

I was forced travelled to NY by Greyhound bus to go to my sis,which I didnt know the way because I was jus here for 2 days when that happened.

After 4 months,he contacted me and ask me to come and try to make our marriage work.He booked my flight and I went leaving my daughter behind with my sister because she didnt want to go back to live with him.

During living with him,at first he was nice.Later he was a beast again,didnt want me to talk to the phone.He planned to take my phone away and only allow me to use the house phone.He called ICE and USCIS after he threw us out and told them that I defrauded him to get a GC and that they should deport me and my daughter.I never knew he did that until I moved with him and saw his email to the USCIS AND ICE.

I lived with him for 1 yr away from my daughter.We lived in Kansas and I am from the caribbean and there isnt the kind of food there that I can eat.I asked him if he would considering moving to some place where I can get decent food to eat because I was getting sick.He said that his son is there and he wanted a relationship with his son and grandson.His son is married and living his own life with his family while I had to stuck up to what he said when I have a teenage child that I give up to be with him.This guy dont work.He is a 100% disable Veteran and a retired postal worker who can live any part of the world and get two check at the beginning of the month.

My daughter was about to graduate in June and I told him I needed to attend and he can if he wanted too.He was annoyed and told me if I think about going to NY that would be it.That pissed me off,afterall she is my kid.However later he agreed and asked if we were gonna stay at my family.I told him I can stay there but if we all go,we would have to get a hotel.He got mad and said why we cant stay by my family.

This is the guy who abused my family over and over,the last time was when he threw my daughter and I out 2 days after entering the US.My family put him up more than one time and he always abuse them in the end.

This is a man when he moved to Kansas,his son had a home where he lived with his wife and son and he had to rent a hotel until he could get an apartment.I am the alien and I was the one that got used.

We married in 2010 and the first month after our marriage,he added me on his VA as a dependent so that he can get extra added to his check.Todate he hasnt provided me with health insurance and he isolate me and always threaten to tell the USCIS that i just wanted a GC,which he did over and over.I guess by now,the USCIS knows his name clearly.

He bought me a one way ticket to NY for my daughter graduation and after conversating with him for a couple of days,he cut off all conversations with me and threaten old me he wants a divorce,but he didn want support my daughter and I due to the AOS and he is gonna fight us till the end.I am due to file for ROC next month and dont know what to do.So you can see that not all US citizens that claim marriage fraud are being truthful.There are alot of other things to consider.

My US husband kids claimed that he has always been this way.His daughter ran away from home at the age of 15yrs because of his attitude.He is daignosed with Dysthmic disorder,generalized anxiety,bipolar and he was on alot of strong meds like morphine,clonazapan,oxycodone and some others.So I am left stuck in NY and I am the one that was being used by this US citizen.I called his phone and he wouldnt answer.I emailed him and he does the same.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

You've lived with him for 4 years and you didn't know what he was like and 2 days into the country, he suddenly became a #######?

Yes I did and he has two personalities.He was a different person living in my country than when he came here.Then he blamed it on the meds

Asking someone to co-sponsor, to me, is akin to asking someone to use that persons hard earned savings to place a bet in Vegas.

I disagree here. I had to ask my husbands aunt to co-sponsor me because USCIS didnt consider my husbands fellowship to be salary. I am getting a Phd in law from France, i am educated indépendant woman. I refuse to consider that co sponsoring me is like betting in vegas. not all immigrants are scammers. i take personnal pride into not becoming a public charge.

People just think twice about sponsoring people from poor countries but all is relative if that person is rich and educated in their country so lower risk of scam, also you can be poor and in love, so not a scammer...it is just very important to know your spouse well and then eventually sign a pre nup. take action asap when fraud suspicion.

AOS Sent: 2012-04-25

AP: Sent 2012-04-25

EAD:Sent 2012-04-25

NOA (email) : 2012-05-08

NOA (hard copy) 2012-05-14

RFE for 2011 Tax return: May 29th 2012

Biometrics appointment letter: June 7th 2012

RFE Response Review: June 21st 2012

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Biometrics appointment: 2012-06-28

Second RFE Review: July 30th, 2012 Hopefully now things will move on!

EAD/AP Approved/Card Production August 13th 2012

Email for Interview scheduled September 19th, August 14th 2012

Hard Copy Interview notice: August 15th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card in hand: August 20th 2012

Interview:approved on the spot, stamp in passport: September 19th 2012

GC in hand: September 29h

See you for ROC in two years!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.