Michael Ruffin

Adjustment of Status of K1 and Work Permit

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

I have a simple question. How long does it take to recieve confirmation USCIS has my application? I am not expecting approval just want to know they recieve my forms. My checking account still shows the $1070 in my available. I sent the package priority mail to the Chicago Office lockbox. I went online to USPS and the package was delivered on Sept 1. as promise. I am hoping to get my wife's work permit ASAP. Is there a number to call to confirm delivery of package within the USCIS? I did include G-1145 within package.

Thanks!

Michael

They will contact you, if you wrote the address correctly and usps confirmed its delivery, then you can rest assured. The work permit (EAD) will take roughly, anywhere from 55-80 days to be approved, going off other members timelines. Patience is key with uscis

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I AGREE.....PATIENCE IS THE KEY. :yes:

Check our timeline for a recent example of USCIS acceptance of packet and initiation of AOS processes. The money was deducted from my checking account within a day or two of receiving the text/SMS NOA notification from USCIS.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

If the package was delivered on Sept 1. Do you really expect to receive the work permit (EAD) 'ASAP' as you phrased it?

ASAP in this case might be anything between 60-70 days before you have the actaul card in hand.

I filed July 13 and despite the EAD being approved, I still don't have it in my hand!

Hello!

I have a simple question. How long does it take to recieve confirmation USCIS has my application? I am not expecting approval just want to know they recieve my forms. My checking account still shows the $1070 in my available. I sent the package priority mail to the Chicago Office lockbox. I went online to USPS and the package was delivered on Sept 1. as promise. I am hoping to get my wife's work permit ASAP. Is there a number to call to confirm delivery of package within the USCIS? I did include G-1145 within package.

Thanks!

Michael

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, I expect to received her work permit ASAP. What I meant was hoping hear from USCIS that they have my package. I am just worried it got lost in USCIS office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

OK, did you request 'delivery confirmation service' from USPS when you sent the package? That is really recommended, USPS will then mail you the notification stamped by USCIS that they received the package.

If the package was delivered on Sept 1. Do you really expect to receive the work permit (EAD) 'ASAP' as you phrased it?

ASAP in this case might be anything between 60-70 days before you have the actaul card in hand.

I filed July 13 and despite the EAD being approved, I still don't have it in my hand!

OK, did you request 'delivery confirmation service' from USPS when you sent the package? That is really recommended, USPS will then mail you the notification stamped by USCIS that they received the package.

delivery confirmation in USA seems to mean leave it at the front door and mark it as delivered.

has happened with every courier I've seen as well as with USPS.

I had signature verification and it assured a little bit in the days between being delivered and USCIS finally deciding to mark it as received.

Hello!

Thanks!

Michael

Sometimes it takes almost 2 weeks before they update you via text/email, When I sent my EAD application, They (USCIS) received it via priority mail with delivery confirmation and I did not get any notification till after almost 2 weeks.

Did you make sure you put the right address on it?

Timeline

01/03/2017 N400 Priority Date
01/30/2017 Biometrics
02/01/2017 Case in Line for Interview
08/04/2017 Interview Scheduled. Waiting for mail notice..

delivery confirmation in USA seems to mean leave it at the front door and mark it as delivered.

has happened with every courier I've seen as well as with USPS.

I had signature verification and it assured a little bit in the days between being delivered and USCIS finally deciding to mark it as received.

That is true, Delivery confirmation doesn't mean it has to be confirmed by someone on the address, USPS usually drops it in front door, gate or mailbox and marked it as "Delivered"

Edited by shendon

Timeline

01/03/2017 N400 Priority Date
01/30/2017 Biometrics
02/01/2017 Case in Line for Interview
08/04/2017 Interview Scheduled. Waiting for mail notice..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from general AOS forum to AOS Case Filing subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

They take a while compare to K1 process! They cash my check almost 3 weeks after I sent my package. Also, i recieve the letter with my biometrics appointment BEFORE getting my noa 1. Like a week later I got my noa 1. I was totally confused but then u get used to it!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.