Nick + Elizabeth

No NOA2 at 217 days or 7 months and 4 days!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am getting so frustrated waiting for VSC to approve us. We got an RFE over something stupid, and now this wait seems totally endless. In the beginning of this process I thought we would get it so quick... an uncomplicated visa, we're the same age, no previous marriages, no kids, he's from the UK, never any legal trouble for either of us... and yet, here we are waiting for this never ending process to come to an end. It is to the point of making me really, really angry. I know I'm just venting, but still, every once in a while you have to. Anyone else past the 7 month mark? Sometimes, I feel like this process is taking a toll on us at this point. So mad...

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your Timeline states:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 31, 2012 and September 5, 2012* (RFEs at the Vermont Service Center typically add an extra 21 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

Looks like the RFE slowed you down a little but,You can call and get updated on your case. Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I am getting so frustrated waiting for VSC to approve us. We got an RFE over something stupid, and now this wait seems totally endless. In the beginning of this process I thought we would get it so quick... an uncomplicated visa, we're the same age, no previous marriages, no kids, he's from the UK, never any legal trouble for either of us... and yet, here we are waiting for this never ending process to come to an end. It is to the point of making me really, really angry. I know I'm just venting, but still, every once in a while you have to. Anyone else past the 7 month mark? Sometimes, I feel like this process is taking a toll on us at this point. So mad...

Like what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I know the feeling..been there b4...it feels bonkers at times but well worth it in the end, you'll be approved soon ! :yes:

Get ready for the next stage/ phase after getting your NOA2. Good luck.

Edited by KASH2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Like what?

Apparently, we didn't include enough evidence that we had met in the past two years. Though I included letters talking about both trips, our flight itinerary, train tickets, photos of us together (us, him with my family, and me with his family), etc. It seems to me that should have been enough evidence, but I guess it wasn't so I sent in every scanned page of our passports, affidavits, more photos, and some other stuff. It's just really frustrating. I miss him. I'm angry it's taking so long. I was depressed before but now I'm just mad. Yeah, and I plan to call on monday and put in a service request. By that point it's almost two weeks they've had our RFE back. It's just frustrating. All the time we wait we're loosing money too, because he had to leave his nice job and get a lower paying temp job till he can move, and I'm covering all the bills here while we wait, and of course, he has to spend a good bit of what he makes supporting himself in the meantime. It's just irritating.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is tough. You should hear someting very soon.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I bet it gets approved this week. Meanwhile have you read this thread? Lots you could be doing so you dont delay yourself by not being prepared. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It seems like the initial evidence of the meeting in person wasn't enough, surely since you added passport pages with entry and exit stamps, you'll get approved soon. It's hard waiting, but hang in there!

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your waiting is already quite long, I hope you will receive your NOA2 soon. Just be patient and be strong. It will come on time!! GOD bless you both!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Apparently, we didn't include enough evidence that we had met in the past two years. Though I included letters talking about both trips, our flight itinerary, train tickets, photos of us together (us, him with my family, and me with his family), etc. It seems to me that should have been enough evidence, but I guess it wasn't so I sent in every scanned page of our passports, affidavits, more photos, and some other stuff. It's just really frustrating. I miss him. I'm angry it's taking so long. I was depressed before but now I'm just mad. Yeah, and I plan to call on monday and put in a service request. By that point it's almost two weeks they've had our RFE back. It's just frustrating. All the time we wait we're loosing money too, because he had to leave his nice job and get a lower paying temp job till he can move, and I'm covering all the bills here while we wait, and of course, he has to spend a good bit of what he makes supporting himself in the meantime. It's just irritating.

Anyone can buy a plane/train ticket or mock up photos. It's very hard to fake a passport stamp, which is what I suspect USCIS was after, to prove that you were in the same country. Follow Nich-Nick's link and start working on the packet 3 stuff and hopefully you'll fly by everything else.

I'm sorry that you've been waiting so long.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Im so sorry about your wait....you must miss your fiance so much. Its annoying because there doesnt seem a damn thing you can do about it....'fair' does not come into this process atall.....theres NOONE can tell you anything for sure during applying for a visa other than the fact they'll cash your check!!!!!

Try keep focused on the fact you HAVE to be getting near the end,everyday is a step closer to being back with your fiance.

About the passport evidence....cant the people at USCIS access our passport history? Wont they be able to see the days which we entered and left the USA?

Stay strong,you'll soon be shopping in Walmart looking for English items!!!!! :thumbs:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Im so sorry about your wait....you must miss your fiance so much. Its annoying because there doesnt seem a damn thing you can do about it....'fair' does not come into this process atall.....theres NOONE can tell you anything for sure during applying for a visa other than the fact they'll cash your check!!!!!

Try keep focused on the fact you HAVE to be getting near the end,everyday is a step closer to being back with your fiance.

About the passport evidence....cant the people at USCIS access our passport history? Wont they be able to see the days which we entered and left the USA?

Stay strong,you'll soon be shopping in Walmart looking for English items!!!!! :thumbs:

lol, you want the K1 to cost more money and more time?? much easier for the petitioner to go to a copy machine.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Dont USCIS have info at the touch of a button these days ie...the internet,also surely its a more accurate way to make sure the petitioner is being truthful by seeing actual government information regarding entries/exits of the USA?

If they hold up the process with a RFE about passport information it must cost them extra time and money too?

Just seems to make sense to me.......then again,this process is not about sense is it!! :unsure:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.