raniel&sonson

I forgot to photocopy the evidences of I-134

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ's. My Visa was already approved and I already have it on hand, however, I just noticed today that I made a mistake on filing I-134 Affidavit of Support during my interview. I missed to photocopy the supporting documents of that form that's why, I only submitted 1 copy of each.

Do you think I will be denied entry because of that and what are the other possible reasons for denying to enter US?

Thank you and God bless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi VJ's. My Visa was already approved and I already have it on hand, however, I just noticed today that I made a mistake on filing I-134 Affidavit of Support during my interview. I missed to photocopy the supporting documents of that form that's why, I only submitted 1 copy of each.

Do you think I will be denied entry because of that and what are the other possible reasons for denying to enter US?

Thank you and God bless.

Huh? If you have the sealed envelope, that's the only thing you should give at POE. Do not tamper with that envelope and hand it over. All the information the CBP officer needs, is in there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You got the visa - rejoice ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star: .

You should be fine at the POE

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Huh? If you have the sealed envelope, that's the only thing you should give at POE. Do not tamper with that envelope and hand it over. All the information the CBP officer needs, is in there.

Yes, I have it already and I don't have a plan of opening it because I know it's forbidden but my concern is i just provided 1 copy of supporting documents for I-134. Do you think it will affect my entry?

You got the visa - rejoice ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star: .

You should be fine at the POE

Wow, thank you. maybe I'm just thinking too much. hehe.:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Definitely thinking too much. All the stuff they need to see is INSIDE that envelope.. your entire K1 package from beginning to end.

You don't need copies of the I-134

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Definitely thinking too much. All the stuff they need to see is INSIDE that envelope.. your entire K1 package from beginning to end.

good.gifgood.gif

Relax and enjoy the moment. The sealed envelope is like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket.....

Congratulations..!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

You're right. Thank you so much. I became paranoid when I read the instruction regarding submitting duplicate copies of all the evidences that support the I-134 which i failed to do during the interview because I only submitted one. hehe. :) they didn't give me 221g form for that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You're right. Thank you so much. I became paranoid when I read the instruction regarding submitting duplicate copies of all the evidences that support the I-134 which i failed to do during the interview because I only submitted one. hehe. :) they didn't give me 221g form for that.

Most people only submit one copy of the I-134 and supporting documents. The consulates tend to follow the guidelines for the I-864 even when dealing with the I-134 so the instructions for the I-134 are not really followed all that closely. Your consulate probably did not require more than one copy of each document. If the consulate took your forms and approved your visa, then all you needed was what you gave them. You have your visa and sealed envelope. You are good to go.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Most people only submit one copy of the I-134 and supporting documents. The consulates tend to follow the guidelines for the I-864 even when dealing with the I-134 so the instructions for the I-134 are not really followed all that closely. Your consulate probably did not require more than one copy of each document. If the consulate took your forms and approved your visa, then all you needed was what you gave them. You have your visa and sealed envelope. You are good to go.

Thank you so Much:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you and God bless.

No. The I-134 is not needed for entry into the USA, only your passport with visa and the sealed envelope, which probably contains your original I-134, but that is not needed for entry, the I-134 is voided upon your entry to the USA along with your visa (single entry, remember) and will be replaced with the I-864 when you file AOS

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.