Gary and Alla

Yes, we have been skinny dipping!

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the point is that Alla has already done some kind of certificate training for the medical interpreting work she has been doing for the past couple of years, so she placed out of the theoretical classes.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's nice to see that Gary's return brought so many jolly characters back to the RUB forum!

Sounds like you've been having a nice (peaceful) summer, Gary!

:rofl:

Why not? We have been naked most of the time. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I think the point is that Alla has already done some kind of certificate training for the medical interpreting work she has been doing for the past couple of years, so she placed out of the theoretical classes.

That's not how nursing school works.

She can certainly clep out of pre-reqs; but, assuming that she's doing an ADN (not a diploma program or LPN -- or maybe gary has confused a CNA/CMA program with a nursing program? CNA/CMA is often a pre-req for nursing school), no, a "certificate training program" doesn't cut it. Even assuming that she's had classes in the pathophysiology of common diseases in neonates, children, adults, geriatrics, and psych patients -- along with the common medications used to treat said diseases and how they work, side-effects, etc. -- there is a very large body of nursing literature that is taught only in nursing school. Nursing theory, along with nursing "thought process" (can I get a holla' for nursing diagnoses and care plans from any other nurses out there?), nursing interventions, etc. are all core components of nursing education.

I'm actually kind of offended that you'd think that a certificate training program for medical interpreting would be adequate for the didactic component of nursing education. Paramedic to RN and RN to BSN programs both have comprehensive "theoretical" components -- and these are people with, at the very least, hands on medical knowledge...if they aren't already nurses.

Does seem a shame that Alla is apparently wasting her talents by starting at the very bottom of the totem pole. Starting with a BSN will give her better access to acute care jobs (my hospital only hires BSNs now, with two others in the area transitioning to this), as well as make the transition into higher education much smoother.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Timeline

That's not how nursing school works.

She can certainly clep out of pre-reqs; but, assuming that she's doing an ADN (not a diploma program or LPN -- or maybe gary has confused a CNA/CMA program with a nursing program? CNA/CMA is often a pre-req for nursing school), no, a "certificate training program" doesn't cut it. Even assuming that she's had classes in the pathophysiology of common diseases in neonates, children, adults, geriatrics, and psych patients -- along with the common medications used to treat said diseases and how they work, side-effects, etc. -- there is a very large body of nursing literature that is taught only in nursing school. Nursing theory, along with nursing "thought process" (can I get a holla' for nursing diagnoses and care plans from any other nurses out there?), nursing interventions, etc. are all core components of nursing education.

I'm actually kind of offended that you'd think that a certificate training program for medical interpreting would be adequate for the didactic component of nursing education. Paramedic to RN and RN to BSN programs both have comprehensive "theoretical" components -- and these are people with, at the very least, hands on medical knowledge...if they aren't already nurses.

Does seem a shame that Alla is apparently wasting her talents by starting at the very bottom of the totem pole. Starting with a BSN will give her better access to acute care jobs (my hospital only hires BSNs now, with two others in the area transitioning to this), as well as make the transition into higher education much smoother.

RNs are in demand here as we are close to a major Canadian city and the demand for services by people escaping the Canadian system is far more than one would expect for a city of 42,000 people. RNs are quite welcome at the hospital here, particularly if they speak French.

Alla has had many regular medical classes as required by nursing. Her choice. None were "required" for her medical interpreter certification (that was a program in itself) No, she was taking regular nursing school classes for the last three years in addition to her degree program, just for her own interest and to further her career as a medical interpreter. Seems to have worked out well. She has those out of the way now. She only had to do her "Intro to Sociology"

She will do her BSN in one year after getting her RN at UVM, if she decides to. She would still prefer to teach ESL and we are looking into that also but not willing to relocate until next year when Pasha finishes HS. So why not go to nursing school?

Good to see that the Canada forum is still boring. Too polite and orderly also. Excuse me. Sorry.

Alla is still smokin' hot naked in bright sunlight...none of that "all cats are grey in the dark" stuff for me! :P

Gary And Alla

No, you think RNs are in demand everywhere but 1/3 new grad RNs do not get nursing jobs out of school.

If she truly only had to her Intro to Socio class, than you're probably confusing pre-reqs with nursing school which is understandable. A lot of people don't understand the difference between pre-reqs and nursing because they're both undergrad education.

I don't really get the nekkid references. I've been married to my husband for longer than you've even been with Alla(?). Obviously, you probably had a first marriage which failed miserably -- perhaps you could provide some advice in that spectrum in regards to keeping a first marriage going?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Alla is still smokin' hot naked in bright sunlight...none of that "all cats are grey in the dark" stuff for me! :P

This seems to very, very important to you. It's odd when a man feels the need to constantly tell strangers how good his wife looks naked.

Timeline

This seems to very, very important to you. It's odd when a man feels the need to constantly tell strangers how good his wife looks naked.

:lol:

Gary And Alla

It seems the Canadians have a problem with Gary being in love with his wife. :blink:

As far as Gary reflecting on how Alla looks when they go naked, that's his pleasure and those of you who don't like it should look in the mirror and ask if your SO thinks the same.

Perhaps the proper term instead of skinny dipping should be chunky dunking for those past their slim years. :rofl:

Timeline

It seems the Canadians have a problem with Gary being in love with his wife. :blink:

As far as Gary reflecting on how Alla looks when they go naked, that's his pleasure and those of you who don't like it should look in the mirror and ask if your SO thinks the same.

Perhaps the proper term instead of skinny dipping should be chunky dunking for those past their slim years. :rofl:

:rofl:

For them it is a good thing that most men do not talk about their wives naked! :lol:

But then, this is the RUB forum, and that is not a cartoon in my avatar. :P

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Rare indeed. One need not wonder why, just look around. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you've got it, flaunt it!! :lol::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The, uh, un-usuals to this forum should realize that this is the RUBforum, unlike any other, si man. Where men are men and sheep are scared... uh, wait man... Where everyone's wife is beautiful and usually low-fat, si man.

ETA: Speaking of usually low-fat wives, we just mailed Mrs. T-B.'s N-400 today, si man.

Mrs. T-B.: Will you still love me when I'm a citizen?

T-B.: More, because then you can become a blonde.

(Sounds of breakable objects crashing upon hastily closed door, si man.)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The, uh, un-usuals to this forum should realize that this is the RUBforum, unlike any other, si man. Where men are men and sheep are scared... uh, wait man... Where everyone's wife is beautiful and usually low-fat, si man.

ETA: Speaking of usually low-fat wives, we just mailed Mrs. T-B.'s N-400 today, si man.

Congrats! It really is a relief to have the blue passport. (actually Ukrainian passports are blue also but you know what I mean) :whistle:

Congrats! It really is a relief to have the blue passport. (actually Ukrainian passports are blue also but you know what I mean) :whistle:

If you've got it, flaunt it!! :lol::thumbs:

ALL of it! :rofl:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.