dwheels76

Mandatory 21 days before you file??

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would like to get peoples views and opinions on what is running around the Nigerian rumor mill that a 21 day total face time will be universally required for a filing of I-130.

Now supposedly question #21 (the what address you lived together) is to see the time frame one puts.

But since most of is go as visitors I am sure many leave blank or put "never lived together".

Now for Nigeria, I hear that the Embassy and USCIS are stepping up their game cuz the scammers have done the same and will deny anyone not meeting the 21 day requirement.

Which frankly how can something be required and people not be told.

So anyone heard this? Know anything on the grapevine?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is an interesting topic....cant wait to see some more views on it. Personally I have not heard about it. And is it rumored that the 21 days must be one visit or over time? Clueless.....

TracyJo

Timeline

I think OP is getting paranoid. Her time for going to see her husband is getting near. :yes:

Lol, thats funny! In this particular case OP doesnt have a thing to worry about!! :)

I am glad she posted this, cause if its true, and they arent telling us, they are setting us up for failure! :(

But yes, her time is coming soon!! Yay!

TracyJo

Timeline

Is this as a married couple "21 days" lived together or can time beforehand count?

Pascanda, I don't know that's why I am posing the question. There are those here who may have their ear close to the situation.

I personally hate the "my friends said. Or a reliable source". If its a requirement by gollie tell folk.

Even though deep down most of us can see and we know Lagos wants face time. I aint mad at em if this is what they want but tell people so they will know.

I guess my thing is if its required will people be denied at USCIS or at interview if they don't meet requirement.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I think OP is getting paranoid. Her time for going to see her husband is getting near. :yes:

Nope Thomas not paranoid at all. I spent 6 1/2 months with my husband. I just love knowledge and to know and to help others.

I would hate that couples have it all together with evidence but get denied because they spent 20. Days or less together.

Sure people who r going through this should spend more but that's not always possible.

And many may spend a week or two and file and in that long wait make more visits.

Just would like the facts and not my friend at the #### told me this is now a requirement.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

They need to disclose their requirements. Just like USCIS and NVC must disclose the requirements. If you feel worried about this, I would send off an email to the US embassy and ask the question.

Timeline

Lol, thats funny! In this particular case OP doesnt have a thing to worry about!! :)

I am glad she posted this, cause if its true, and they arent telling us, they are setting us up for failure! :(

But yes, her time is coming soon!! Yay!

LOL thank you Tracy and heck ya soon soon. I am so ready.

And u right if it is some unwritten rule is one thing but to say required. Hmmmm

Thomas u funny paranoid (yes I am). I always feel like somebodies watchin me. ;)

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

It is so difficult to understand sometimes what exactly Lagos wants from us at times!! I too have heard something similar to what you are talking about, but I think I heard 30 days of face time. I do not think it's a requirement per say, but I believe in the CO's mind that they may use the amount of time spent together to make up for a person's red flags and give the approval. Honestly though, how would you know exactly? Is there a method to the madness?

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Timeline

It is so difficult to understand sometimes what exactly Lagos wants from us at times!! I too have heard something similar to what you are talking about, but I think I heard 30 days of face time. I do not think it's a requirement per say, but I believe in the CO's mind that they may use the amount of time spent together to make up for a person's red flags and give the approval. Honestly though, how would you know exactly? Is there a method to the madness?

No method to no madness. I guess they figure if you are a true blue real couple you will risk job, family whatever and leave and come and stays weeks and months. And still get denied while someone else came and stayed a week or 2 got married first visit and interview was no wahala. Shaking my head.

Like making a requirement will show the scammers the playbook. I think not.

Scammers don't want face time with u. The more u stay away the better. Than when u do come they will fake it till u go back so a week 2 weeks no issue. I just don't know. And also how can it be a mandatory requirement for one country and not the other?

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

No method to no madness. I guess they figure if you are a true blue real couple you will risk job, family whatever and leave and come and stays weeks and months. And still get denied while someone else came and stayed a week or 2 got married first visit and interview was no wahala. Shaking my head.

Like making a requirement will show the scammers the playbook. I think not.

Scammers don't want face time with u. The more u stay away the better. Than when u do come they will fake it till u go back so a week 2 weeks no issue. I just don't know. And also how can it be a mandatory requirement for one country and not the other?

Yes, I agree! Nigeria definately gets the short end of the stick as to how our relationships are scrutinized! I think any of us would stay in Nigeria with our love's if we had the ability to, however in real life it is hard to juggle a huge trip like that. Especially when we have responsibilites here. All we can do is visit as much as possible, try to be present at the interview, make sure our husband's know us well, and collect plenty of evidence........and PRAY :thumbs: God help all of us!

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Africa: Sub-Saharan regional forum; topic is specific to Nigeria.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Immigration is something between a formula and an unbalanced scale. They have the ablity to collect data at all points of the operation. How many petitions of which type are filed. What are the profiles of the petitioner and the beneficary, how many issued visa recipients are married at ROC, at citizenship ? You make a grid of the responses and issue scores to the success rate of all people. Some places like the UK you have a high success number across all ages, all deltas in race/religion so they rate everyone as a low chance of fraud. Other places like Nigeria you have troubles all around but few low success when the woman is older/white/divorced/not travelled so these people have the balance tripped heavily against them in getting approval. To pull the scales back into a favorable tilt you have to do more to show you have a better chance then others in your group. One of the things measured is how much you really know each other. Once measure of this is time spent together. If worse your probability score the more you have to add to your side of the scale to balance it out. I have seen scammers work over woman for years, all the time spewing their tales of absolute love and commitment. I have seen USC's snowballed by the over attentive behavior of these people and left holding the bag. Is 21 or 30 written down somewhere no, but if you have a heavily unbalanced scale then spending time together will help bring it back into balance. If you are in the white, over 40, divorced crowd I would put a month of face time high on your list of things to do in Nigeria. I know Nigerians don't marry each other without doing background checks, they really consider us rather silly for not.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

In my situation I would LOVE to spend more time with my husband and inlaws, but realistically, it isnt a possibility. To be denied based on lack of visits, or face time is absurd, when the desire to be there is much, but life here has its many demands. There is nothing couples cannot overcome together if their marriage is built on God. For a complete stranger to have the evidence of knowing each other well, ongoing communication and other evidences, yet a certain time frame of face time isnt established, they issue a denial?

Sorry, but America has taken a huge financial blow, and we all feel it. This is why it is difficult for us to get our face time in. I think all outlying circumstances should be looked at to make a well informed decision, but then thats me and how I would look at things.

TracyJo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.