Thripple O

Affidavit of Support

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys, I am hoping this post is going to the right place, it took me awhile to figure out where to post lol. I am preparing documents to send to my Fiance in Nigeria for his interview, I am now confused with the Affidavit of support. 1st -Am not sure if i need a co-sponsor, I earned enough$ this tax season, but in the past 2 years i did not, so do I need a co-sponsor? if yes, what exactly should my co-sponsor provide as proof to add to the form. Do i need to get a letter from the bank with total deposit for the past year, or is my tax transcript(3yrs)and letter from my employer ok? I just want to be prepared for Lagos and whatever they plan to throw at us. Thanks guys, looking forward to response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What is your current annualized income? That is what is most important.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a follow up question on that.

Is income defined as AGI, Taxable Income or raw annual income?

It would be all income before anything is taken out. So your gross income before taxes, before insurance, before garnishments...your TOTAL income.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After filing my K1 petition, I lost my job, and now getting paid less with my new job. I was able to find a part-time job as a babysitter. I make $800/month on that, but just recently started that job last month. With that income, I should be able to meet the income requirements. I devided the yearly income of $33,762 to 12 which (I do have 3 dependents plus fiance so we are household of 5)equals to 2,813.5/month.

My question is:

1.) Would they consider this as a valid income?

2.) Would they honor the letter from babysitting job, since this is not a company. should I have it notarized maybe?

Edited by NesCyntz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Based on the tax transcript over 70,000 this past tax season.

You stated you make enough currently, but did not last year. If you made over $70k last year, then I am more than sure you made enough last year, unless your household size is quite large. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

What you made last year on your taxes is not your current annual income, unless you are self-employed.. but you mentioned an employer. What do you make right now? What is your current salary per hour or month? How much do you make now, not last tax season?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You stated you make enough currently, but did not last year. If you made over $70k last year, then I am more than sure you made enough last year, unless your household size is quite large. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

What you made last year on your taxes is not your current annual income, unless you are self-employed.. but you mentioned an employer. What do you make right now? What is your current salary per hour or month? How much do you make now, not last tax season?

Hi, thanks for your time/response. I am making roughly the same income i had last year, I dont have any dependent. My concern is if the embassy looks for 3years income and I didn't work in 2009/2010, should i get a co-sponsor for back up. After all its Nigeria I am dealing with.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you look closer at the instructions for completing the I-864 and I-864EZ, the instructions state that you only need to submit a copy of tax forms you filed or an IRS transcript of the last year. It states that you can submit the last 3 years if you feel it will help your case, but only the last year is required. :yes:

USCIS

Sent I-130 Petition - 11-23-11

NOA1 - 11-25-11

Sent K-3 Petition - 12-13-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

Submitted RFE Info - 8-23-12

Request to Withdraw K-3 Sent - 8-25-12

NOA2 I-130 APPROVED - 8-27-12

NOA2 K-3 APPROVED - 8-27-12

I-797C received in the mail for I-130 ad K-3 - 8-31-12

I-130 was approved 254 days from NOA1 date

NVC

NVC Received/Email Notification - 9-5-12

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

Paid I-864 Fee - 9-6-2012

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

I-864 accepted - 10-11-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

Response to RFE received - 10-15-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

USCIS request case be returned to them - 10-18-12

NVC reports case sent back on - 10-22-12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you look closer at the instructions for completing the I-864 and I-864EZ, the instructions state that you only need to submit a copy of tax forms you filed or an IRS transcript of the last year. It states that you can submit the last 3 years if you feel it will help your case, but only the last year is required. :yes:

It is true that only the most recent tax transcript is required, but you don't use the I-864 for a K-1. You use the I-134.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.