hoy123

Vermont behind on K1 processing

42 posts in this topic

yes but no need to lie about which petitions are being approved. I don't like being lied to by the government. They can just say there is a delay because of so and so and i will be fine with it

I mean did i just pay a good amount of money for something to be done and then be lied to about it? i guess so

January filers are indeed getting approved along with few February and others: Igor's List of Approved K-1 VSC I wouldn't call it a lie when it is true. You just weren't given the bigger picture which has basically been painted here for you by others. Too many variables to determine why some get approved sooner than others. Indeed, there are January filers still waiting even December filers, and this list only represents VJ members. However, if you scroll down the list, you will see many January filers getting approved with few in February and March. Anything sooner was more than likely an expedited case.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know the processing time of 1-130 applications at VSC? VJ states that USCIS/VSC is clearing March 9, 2012 applications but I don't think it's very reliable since it's only based on VJ participants.

Thanks,

Genine

Does anyone know the processing time of 1-130 applications at VSC? VJ states that USCIS/VSC is clearing March 9, 2012 applications but I don't think it's very reliable since it's only based on VJ participants.

Thanks,

Genine

This can be found through the link 'Processing Times' at the top of the VJ page.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

raise yer hand if you clicked through, and read, the stuff listed in post #3 .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually, there are rights. I'm a December filer just FYI before you make any remark. As filers we have rights to know about our cases. We prove our identity when we give them case number, address, and social security number. Do you need to read the FOIA and Privacy Act? However, the last few times I called I was denied rights. A petitioner has the right to put in a second service request when 30 days have passed since the response from the first service request and no approval was made. I was denied. Idk... maybe the rep was having a bad day. The other time, the tier 2 rep would not tell me if my case has been assigned or if there was any AP status or anything holding it up. NOTHING THAT WOULD REQUIRE A WRITTEN FOIA REQUEST... and I was denied. So yes, it does happen.

Yes you have the "right" to put in a request. They have the "right" to tell you wait 45 more days for an answer. (each time you exercise your right) There are people within this community that have been waiting for over 12 months with no answer being given to them. So, I guess you can explain their "rights" to them as I am sure they would love to know them. Immigration is a privilege, not a right.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To show a great attitude about waiting, not too mention an extreme wait time, I suggest taking a look at this post

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/380360-alhumdulllah-visa-in-hand-at-last-after-8-months-of-ap/page__p__5566235__fromsearch__1#entry5566235

They waited 17 months..... :wow:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To show a great attitude about waiting, not too mention an extreme wait time, I suggest taking a look at this post

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/380360-alhumdulllah-visa-in-hand-at-last-after-8-months-of-ap/page__p__5566235__fromsearch__1#entry5566235

They waited 17 months..... :wow:

OMG. Give them a break. They have been waiting on NOA2 for what will be going on 8 months... Easy for you to say when from the looks of your timeline, your loved one was here within 9 months. Think about it: They are one month away from your total timeline and still waiting on NOA2. Yes, that would be super hard! And you want to tell them they have a bad attitude...

And yes, the other couple with the 17 month wait, I feel for them, we all do. Not a single one of them wish to be in that predicament. Much Congratulations to them! But I think you said it best, and I quote "extreme"... That is not the norm.

Geez... I think this heat plus VSC long wait times is getting to us all :girlwerewolf2xn:

November 19, 2010 - Met for the first time on first trip to JA

February 2011 - Second trip to JA

May 2011 - Third trip to JA

February 10, 2012 - Engaged on Fourth trip to JA

February 13, 2012 – I-129F Mailed: VSC

February 22, 2012 – NOA1

August 10, 2012 – NOA2

August 17, 2012 - NVC received

August 23, 2012 - Jamaican Consulate received

August 30, 2012 – emailed DS-230

August 31, 2012 - Consulate verified receipt of DS-230 by email

September 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received

October 4, 2012 - Medical Appointment

October 19, 2012 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all i just called the USCIS last friday about my I-129f and they basicly said that the Vermont proccessing is running behind and they are now processing K1 pettitions from January 16. The estimate was for 5 months . I got my NOA1 on Feb 27th so they are saying i should be expecting my NOA2 at the end of AUG or the first week of Sept. Not to happy about that..

Is there any Feb K1 filers here that got their NOA2 from Vermont yet? Just wondering if the service rep is just giving me a line to keep me calm

We are from Feb 16th and have not hear anything from them yet...

I know it sucks that they are behind but the good thing is that it seems to me that we are pretty close to hear from them ... Lets have faith !!!

How were you able to call them ? what number did you call ?

Filed: Timeline

We are from Feb 16th and have not hear anything from them yet...

I know it sucks that they are behind but the good thing is that it seems to me that we are pretty close to hear from them ... Lets have faith !!!

How were you able to call them ? what number did you call ?

I called the number that was on the NOA1 hardcopy letter 1800 375 5283...

i guess i'm ok with waiting longer ( not that i have a choice anyway) It just would be nice if they could be more specific about whats happening i dont think that should be too hard to do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

OMG. Give them a break. They have been waiting on NOA2 for what will be going on 8 months... Easy for you to say when from the looks of your timeline, your loved one was here within 9 months. Think about it: They are one month away from your total timeline and still waiting on NOA2. Yes, that would be super hard! And you want to tell them they have a bad attitude...

And yes, the other couple with the 17 month wait, I feel for them, we all do. Not a single one of them wish to be in that predicament. Much Congratulations to them! But I think you said it best, and I quote "extreme"... That is not the norm.

Geez... I think this heat plus VSC long wait times is getting to us all :girlwerewolf2xn:

I don't think that the post was to berate them for aching about the wait. I think the point was to point out that it is not an absolute entitlement due to a USC. There is very little legal recourse about this problem. If a consumer company ran a business like this, they would be out of business with a few months. With that being said, I'll get on a quick soapbox.

Being allowed to become an American citizen is a great and tremendous privilege, not a right. Moreover, USA doesn't allow immigration to be nice or to “share the wealth.” We allow immigration to our country because it benefits the people who are already American citizens — and it does. Overall, immigration is a plus for our country. However, our immigration system is broken through and through. We don’t fully enforce the laws on the books against illegal immigration and we create reams of paperwork, exorbitant expenses, and ridiculous wait times for the people who want to come here legally. Until we elect politicians who have enough brass to address the real problems, there isn't going to be anything done.

It's just my opinion. If anyone wants to take a stab at me, you won't hurt my feelings.

The wait is horrible whether 4 months or 10 months. No one wants to be apart. The real issue is the lack of transparency from our government. Not attacking one another on different wait times. There is no recourse of action without going off the deep end. Why should we have to do that anyhow. I want safety and security above all else. There just has to be a better way.

P.S. I know I have a tremendous wait and I am prepared to do whatever it takes. I knew it going into this process. It isn't new news to me.

Edited by jasonofape

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I called the number that was on the NOA1 hardcopy letter 1800 375 5283...

i guess i'm ok with waiting longer ( not that i have a choice anyway) It just would be nice if they could be more specific about whats happening i dont think that should be too hard to do

Hoy, I hope you get it soon. Then, one day you will be able to say how worth the wait was. Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.

Keep the faith and keep strong!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If a consumer company ran a business like this, they would be out of business with a few months. With that being said, I'll get on a quick soapbox.

Except it IS a consumer business. They are contractors and besides by complaining you are voicing to the process that something is wrong. Government does not move quickly but EVERYONE in ANY business responds to complaints. The government is not something that cannot be criticized, it's processes can be scrutinized and improved. They DO CARE about people's experience with their process and are always trying to improve. Even so regardless if someone has not waited the 180 days someone else has, they HAVE EVERY RIGHT to question what is going on. So my NOA2 date isn't up yet I can still criticize their communication and process as falling out of line with their goals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.