X Factor

Gay Activists Protest Chick-fil-A With Same Sex Kiss Day

160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All of this is resulting in free advertising or Chick Fil A. I never heard of them since there aren't any in close proximity in my area. But now I will be paying attention and will try them out if/when I see one.

Seriously. Never heard of them before, but I just found out on facebook that there is one literally 1 mile away from my work and now I have to check it out. As a bonus now I might see lesbians kissing out front?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Chick Fil A has some good food! Especially the Chick Fil A sauce. Mix it with some white rice. But it messes with my appetite to think about seeing two hairy legged dudes kissing or seeing two big boned bertha's swappin spit while i am trying to enjoy lunch with my wife and grade school children.

Edited by Paramedic(918)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Chick Fil A has some good food! Especially the Chick Fil A sauce. Mix it with some white rice. But it messes with my appetite to think about seeing two hairy legged dudes kissing or seeing two big boned bertha's swappin spit while i am trying to enjoy lunch with my wife and grade school children.

You gotta have a cast iron stomach :devil:

Cast-Iron-Stomach-Award-4ce511d17fe3d.jpg

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Then please don't show up at 7 pm on Aug 3rd.

I'm planning on showing up , cause I want to see what's what.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just one more great thing about Chick-fil-a, is those handy mayo packets which can be recycled for situations you want mayo but no way to keep it cool.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Just one more great thing about Chick-fil-a, is those handy mayo packets which can be recycled for situations you want mayo but no way to keep it cool.

We are buying 100 biscuits for the whole company on wed. Long Live free Speech.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We are buying 100 biscuits for the whole company on wed. Long Live free Speech.

Of course danno wil be there... again.

I may have to try something new, I usually get the chic sandwich, that thing is so killer there are utube vids on how to make them at home.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

:lol: Hilarious that people are rallying around a fast food chain. Not surprising, but hilarious.

I never even hear about this story anymore other than on VJ.

:lol: Hilarious that people are rallying around a fast food chain. Not surprising, but hilarious.

I never even hear about this story anymore other than on VJ.

I think it's much more than just "rallying around a food chain", I think a lot of people have had enough of the minority trying to stifle other peoples right to free speech when it doesn't fit their agenda. It just so happens that at the center of this particular controversy is Chik Fil A.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343736429[/url]' post='5570864']

I think it's much more than just "rallying around a food chain", I think a lot of people have had enough of the minority trying to stifle other peoples right to free speech when it doesn't fit their agenda. It just so happens that at the center of this particular controversy is Chik Fil A.

I agree. I have had enough with the Christian fundamentalists who support the notion it is perfectly godly for a man to go to war and kill other men, while condemning two men or women from marrying and showing affection in public.

I think I will stop at a Chick Fil A and find a nice guy whom to kiss and show support for free speech, as you say.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I agree. I have had enough with the Christian fundamentalists who support the notion it is perfectly godly for a man to go to war and kill other men, while condemning two men or women from marrying and showing affection in public.

I think I will stop at a Chick Fil A and find a nice guy whom to kiss and show support for free speech, as you say.

Will you give him a good reach around too?

I'm not against gay marriage, but I am against gays and liberals preventing people that are from voicing their opinion.

I don't personally believe anyone was trying to "stifle" anything. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and nobody's allowed to disagree. I believe it's a huge overreaction, though, from BOTH sides.

Support the companies whose values you believe in. Don't support the ones whose values you don't. It's as easy as that.

I've never eaten Chick-fil-A in my life (don't believe there are any in Wisconsin, not my part anyway) ... and I probably wouldn't, now. We have different belief systems and support different things and there's nothing wrong with that. They've rubbed me the wrong way, but who cares, they don't get my money anyway.

But honestly, it's really not that serious. This isn't some mom and pop place that's suffering because of their political beliefs. They're going to make their money either way.

I believe in a group's right to protest, but I think they're wasting their time.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343737826[/url]' post='5570887']

I'm not against gay marriage, but I am against gays and liberals preventing people that are from voicing their opinion.

That is where we differ. I am against anyone preventing people from voicing their opinion, regardless of their political persuasion. I don't give my fellow conservatives a pass on that one.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I don't personally believe anyone was trying to "stifle" anything. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and nobody's allowed to disagree. I believe it's a huge overreaction, though, from BOTH sides.

Support the companies whose values you believe in. Don't support the ones whose values you don't. It's as easy as that.

I've never eaten Chick-fil-A in my life (don't believe there are any in Wisconsin, not my part anyway) ... and I probably wouldn't, now. We have different belief systems and support different things and there's nothing wrong with that. They've rubbed me the wrong way, but who cares, they don't get my money anyway.

But honestly, it's really not that serious. This isn't some mom and pop place that's suffering because of their political beliefs. They're going to make their money either way.

I believe in a group's right to protest, but I think they're wasting their time.

Ofcourse people are allowed to disagree and protest, but this "take it to the streets" and "boycott all products" mentality when two sides disagree on an issue is ridiculous and it's a staple of the left, you never see any other group of people protest to the extent that liberals do. It is a clear attempt to stifle the opposing view and take away the same rights that they are supposedly protesting for. Liberals think free speech is all well and fine, when it's their free speech, but once you disagree with them, it's a fight to the death.

Ofcourse people are allowed to disagree and protest, but this "take it to the streets" and "boycott all products" mentality when two sides disagree on an issue is ridiculous and it's a staple of the left, you never see any other group of people protest to the extent that liberals do. It is a clear attempt to stifle the opposing view and take away the same rights that they are supposedly protesting for. Liberals think free speech is all well and fine, when it's their free speech, but once you disagree with them, it's a fight to the death.

It may be ridiculous, but it's their right to do so. As long as protests are peaceful, I personally don't care. I've only protested once in my entire life, and while some people find it empowering, I found it tiring and stupid. :lol:

But then again, my country never treated me like a second class citizen or denied me any rights. I haven't a clue what that feels like, but if I did, I might protest it too.

It's a bit of a slap in the face to be told "we will treat you with respect and dignity" but know that if you're not in their store, they're throwing money at groups that are against YOU getting married. That'd be a tough pill to swallow.

The easier answer is to just not eat there. But some people feel the need to "do something" about it. It won't work, in this case.

Edited by Evylin