X Factor

Gay Activists Protest Chick-fil-A With Same Sex Kiss Day

160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Business showed no signs of slowing at the Chick-fil-A stores around town, despite an outcry from the gay community.

Things got heated after the family who owns the company announced they embrace traditional, biblical views of marriage.

“I do know one thing, you have to stand up for what you believe,” said Wanda Craig.

The controversy isn’t stopping people from eating there. In fact, conservative Christians, like former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, are ramping up their support by encouraging others to eat Chick-fil-A on August 1st.

The gay community responded with its own day, the National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick-fil-A.

Activists say the company has the right to believe want it wants, but they have the right to protest it.

They say the company gives to Christian organizations that promote bigotry, and hate against the gay community.

“Chick-fil-A advocates, always has, always will, that all of our customers are treated with honor dignity and respect no matter race, religion or sexual orientation,” said Stuart Davidson, the operator for the Southaven Chick-fil-A.

He says any couple who comes in on the kiss day protest is welcome as long as there is nothing inappropriate.

“If you want to come in and kiss, hold hands then, you know, it doesn’t matter what your sexual orientation is,” he said. “They’ll all be welcomed with genuine hospitality just like every day we’re open.”

The same-sex kiss day is planned for August 3rd at 7:00pm.

http://wreg.com/2012/07/26/gay-activists-protest-chick-fil-a-with-same-sex-kiss-day/

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Business is booming inspite of the fake controversy.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Because it's not like they don't have homosexual parades, homosexual bars, homosexual just about everything these days, now they want to whine and cry about some business owner that is repulsed by that lot. And it wouldn't be so bad but most of those wannabee men lesbo warriors are anything but attractive.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Because it's not like they don't have homosexual parades, homosexual bars, homosexual just about everything these days, now they want to whine and cry about some business owner that is repulsed by that lot. And it wouldn't be so bad but most of those wannabee men lesbo warriors are anything but attractive.

I'm sure the lesbians are very sad that they aren't attractive to you.

Timeline

They're devastated.

:lol:

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Business showed no signs of slowing at the Chick-fil-A stores around town, despite an outcry from the gay community.

Things got heated after the family who owns the company announced they embrace traditional, biblical views of marriage.

"I do know one thing, you have to stand up for what you believe," said Wanda Craig.

The controversy isn't stopping people from eating there. In fact, conservative Christians, like former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, are ramping up their support by encouraging others to eat Chick-fil-A on August 1st.

The gay community responded with its own day, the National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick-fil-A.

Activists say the company has the right to believe want it wants, but they have the right to protest it.

They say the company gives to Christian organizations that promote bigotry, and hate against the gay community.

"Chick-fil-A advocates, always has, always will, that all of our customers are treated with honor dignity and respect no matter race, religion or sexual orientation," said Stuart Davidson, the operator for the Southaven Chick-fil-A.

He says any couple who comes in on the kiss day protest is welcome as long as there is nothing inappropriate.

"If you want to come in and kiss, hold hands then, you know, it doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is," he said. "They'll all be welcomed with genuine hospitality just like every day we're open."

The same-sex kiss day is planned for August 3rd at 7:00pm.

http://wreg.com/2012...e-sex-kiss-day/

Got to love it. Ain't freedom great. As I have said I don't agree with Don Cathy but Bless for having the balls. What a great example, " I will still treat you with respect and dignity, but don't ask me to pretend I condone it. This has to be driving liberals nuts.

Let me tell you how it will end. Some minimum wage clerk somewhere will make an anti-gay statement to some customer in Chck-fil-a and the news media will go nuts that this is proof positive they discriminate against gays.

Timeline

Got to love it. Ain't freedom great. As I have said I don't agree with Don Cathy but Bless for having the balls. What a great example, " I will still treat you with respect and dignity, but don't ask me to pretend I condone it. This has to be driving liberals nuts.

Let me tell you how it will end. Some minimum wage clerk somewhere will make an anti-gay statement to some customer in Chck-fil-a and the news media will go nuts that this is proof positive they discriminate against gays.

:thumbs: Exactly

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

And that's exactly what they're hoping for. They're just trying to provoke a response.

I'm a tolerant guy but seriously that would ruin the dining experience.

A simple kiss would ruin your "dining experience"? :lol: Doesn't take much, I guess..

I mean, if they were making out (and that goes for straight and gay couples), then I could understand being put off by it.

Filed: Timeline

A simple kiss would ruin your "dining experience"? :lol: Doesn't take much, I guess..

I mean, if they were making out (and that goes for straight and gay couples), then I could understand being put off by it.

It won't be one couple kissing.

It'll be a group of people trying to make a spectacle of themselves. I wouldn't want to go pay to eat somewhere where they're having any kind of political/cultural demonstration.