Naum

Affidavit Of Support Problem

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I am from Pakistan. I have immigration visa interview on 31st July in Islamabad but there is a big problem. My wife doesn't work & she arranged a Joint Sponsor to file Affidavit of Support.

Joint Sponsor took Extension for the year 2011 & has not yet paid tax for the year 2011. So he simply wrote his income for the year 2010. NVC replied back that they need Tax return for the latest year. So he again filled out the form & sent them Tax Extension Document, BUt in the form he chose current year as 2011 & wrote income of USD 0 as he thought this is what was required. Now NVC schduled interview & asked fill out AFOS again & i should present it on the Interview Date.

Now he sent me a couple of AFOS's. in First he wrote 2010 as Current year & attached 2011 Tax Extension letter.

In 2nd AFOS he wrote his current income USD 109,000 (Against Which he hasn't paid tax) & attached Extension letter.

I have a couple of questions, which AFOS should i present at the interview & secondly how many chances are there that Visa will be rejected/delayed? I actually am not dying to get the visa but i have a daughter in USA whom i have never met & she has to undergo surgery next month. Is there any chance, they will give me a visa? Apart from AFOS, everything else is complete. (And I am sorry my english is terrible).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First sorry to her about your daughter and pray you get to her soonest. Now you should most definetly present what was filled out with current salary no one cares about 2010 they want to know if need be can the co-sponsor support this person. So yes the $109m00 and extension about 2011 is what you bring with you.

I pray no AP for Islamabad and you move swiftly through.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,

I am from Pakistan. I have immigration visa interview on 31st July in Islamabad but there is a big problem. My wife doesn't work & she arranged a Joint Sponsor to file Affidavit of Support.

Joint Sponsor took Extension for the year 2011 & has not yet paid tax for the year 2011. So he simply wrote his income for the year 2010. NVC replied back that they need Tax return for the latest year. So he again filled out the form & sent them Tax Extension Document, BUt in the form he chose current year as 2011 & wrote income of USD 0 as he thought this is what was required. Now NVC schduled interview & asked fill out AFOS again & i should present it on the Interview Date.

Now he sent me a couple of AFOS's. in First he wrote 2010 as Current year & attached 2011 Tax Extension letter.

In 2nd AFOS he wrote his current income USD 109,000 (Against Which he hasn't paid tax) & attached Extension letter.

I have a couple of questions, which AFOS should i present at the interview & secondly how many chances are there that Visa will be rejected/delayed? I actually am not dying to get the visa but i have a daughter in USA whom i have never met & she has to undergo surgery next month. Is there any chance, they will give me a visa? Apart from AFOS, everything else is complete. (And I am sorry my english is terrible).

Is the joint sponsor self employed or a wage/salary earner?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is the joint sponsor self employed or a wage/salary earner?

Good question. Forgot about the difference there. Sorry OP.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

First sorry to her about your daughter and pray you get to her soonest. Now you should most definetly present what was filled out with current salary no one cares about 2010 they want to know if need be can the co-sponsor support this person. So yes the $109m00 and extension about 2011 is what you bring with you.

I pray no AP for Islamabad and you move swiftly through.

Thanks for your help & pray :).

Timeline

About my relation with my wife. We met in 2005 & engaged in Feb 2008 & got married in Feb 2010. And we have a Daughter & Doctor wrote a letter to USCIS to speedup the process & they did but NVC said it doesn't meet their "Life or Death Situation" so it will not be expedited.

Timeline

Self Employed, He owns multiple LLC's & had some problem with documentation, that's why he took extension.

For a self employed person the most recent year's tax return is where the income is obtained. Without that document, you should seek another joint sponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

For a self employed person the most recent year's tax return is where the income is obtained. Without that document, you should seek another joint sponsor.

There are only 6 days left in Interview & i don't think a new joint sponsor can be arranged in that time. Does it mean a rejection? If so why did they schedule an interview if it was such a big problem? :(

Timeline

There are only 6 days left in Interview & i don't think a new joint sponsor can be arranged in that time. Does it mean a rejection? If so why did they schedule an interview if it was such a big problem? :(

My guess is you will be asked to supply the documentation. If you can't, then another joint sponsor can be submitted.

Timeline

Means Tax Return for 2011? And Extension letter wont work, Rite?

The 2011 tax return is what's needed. Line 22 from the tax return is the income number that is evaluated. The 2010 return and extension for 2011 will not give the required info.

Timeline

The 2011 tax return is what's needed. Line 22 from the tax return is the income number that is evaluated. The 2010 return and extension for 2011 will not give the required info.

There is one thing, He called NVC & they asked him to send Extension Letter, then he made another mistake & wrote 0 in 2011 & I have pasted their reply below.

Part 6 Sponsor's Income and Employment

[x] ****** ******'s current individual annual income is not listed on Line 23.

Part 8 Sponsor's Contract

[x] The joint sponsor has not dated the appropriate line.

By the way, Thanks a lot for you kind help :) .

Timeline

For a wage/salary earner the extension letter and proof of current income is acceptable. For the self employed the tax return number is what's used. The person at NVC wasn't being deceptive.

Submit what you have and hope for the best. One thing that you learn on VJ is that there are no absolutes. Worst case scenario is a request for the 2011 return. At that point find the solution that works best.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Not really. When filing an extension, you still state your income. The affidavit needs to state the same income as shown on the 2011 extension.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.