73 posts in this topic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am not "all you" or "you all"... I posted what I thought he is legally supposed to do....and kept my opinion to myself because I do not know all the facts...

I'm just curious as to why all you people are assuming that he is a big bad man? That he wants to put this poor little innocent woman and her daughter out on the street. It's been well documented that foreign women do use USC's simply to get into the country. This could be the case here couldn't it? I don't know if it is or isn't. But Geez! Maybe you all personally know the OP. But I don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm just curious as to why all you people are assuming that he is a big bad man? That he wants to put this poor little innocent woman and her daughter out on the street. It's been well documented that foreign women do use USC's simply to get into the country. This could be the case here couldn't it? I don't know if it is or isn't. But Geez! Maybe you all personally know the OP. But I don't.

Facts and circumstances do not support your theory

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obviously there is more to the posting history here of this gentleman than what a newbie as myself would understand. My thought is Affadavit for Support...you are attesting to supporting this individual for the term of the Visa...right? Or are you just signing to the fact that you can support this person if necessary....if you are not responsible, who is?

I'm just curious as to why all you people are assuming that he is a big bad man? That he wants to put this poor little innocent woman and her daughter out on the street. It's been well documented that foreign do use USC's simply to get into the country. This could be the case here couldn't it? I don't know if it is or isn't. But Geez! Maybe you all personally know the OP. But I don't.

Perhaps because we've read other stuff he's posted recently :whistle:

Gotcha, now I understand. :thumbs:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You should do the decent thing and restore her life to where it was before she left everything she knew to be with you.

Legally, one thing....but do the right thing so you can look at yourself in the mirror.

Agree,

Perhaps even go a step further and try to work things out.

A hypothetical Question:

If you both had nothing to protect (another words you were broke), then this conversation would never have happended right? Would you still feel the same way towards her??

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow! This is incredible. Why did you not think to bring up the pre-nup BEFORE she uprooted her and her daughter and moved to another country FOR YOU? I don't know the legal answer to your question. The right thing to do would be a) try to work it out, or B) return her life to where it was before she moved for you.

As a side note, you and your selfish actions really disgust me. My heart breaks for this poor woman and her daughter.

Edited by lisa71

Filed: Timeline

So because she wont sign your prenup you want to dump her in a country she does not know with an 11 year old child in tow.....

Wow what a man you are.....

I wish her well in overcoming meeting a man like you...

Kezzie

I completey completely completely completely COMPLETELY second this. UGH. UGH UGH UGH UGH. Makes me SICK reading this. I wish her well too and her poor daughter who is innocent in all this and has had to adjust to being in a new country at a new school making new friends...... :angry::angry: AWFUL!

Wait a second. The OP asked a simple question

If the U.S. petitioner wants the K-1 holder to leave (his/her household) before the the 90-day period, is the U.S. petitioner required by law to support the K-1 holder for the remainder of the 90 day period until they must leave the country?

if he has determined for whatever reason that this marriage is not appropriate (and that can be talking all persons involved into consideration, a child as well) then he has every right to ask a question without being judged. Please folks. We cannot know how emotional this matter could be for him!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Timeline
You should do the decent thing and restore her life to where it was before she left everything she knew to be with you.

Legally, one thing....but do the right thing so you can look at yourself in the mirror.

You people are repugnant, coming to the defense of a gold digger. It just disgusts me how judgemental you all are here. Religious, moral thumping, fundamentalists of the worst kind.

Thank god he didn't marry. He was smart enough to see that she is indeed a gold digger. Once he married, he might have lost half of his assests. He was smart enough to prevent that from happening. And you all chastize him for that?

As Dean said, it's not an urban legend that foreign women from poor countries come to US for other motives than simple marriage. It's a fact of reality that many women do come to the US under a K-1 under false pretenses and many stupid American men under the delusion of "true love" are slaughtered like stupid little lambs. This guy is at least smart enough to not fall for it before it's too late.

Don't judge, lest you be judged!

Edited by SirLancelot

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

You people are repugnant, coming to the defense of a gold digger. It just disgusts me how judgemental you all are here. Religious, moral thumping, fundamentalists of the worst kind.

Oh go take a nap......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank god he didn't marry. He was smart enough to see that she is indeed a gold digger. Once he married, he might have lost half of his assests. He was smart enough to prevent that from happening. And you all chastize him for that?

As Dean said, it's not an urban legend that foreign women from poor countries come to US for other motives than simple marriage. It's a fact of reality that many women do come to the US under a K-1 under false pretenses and many stupid American men under the delusion of "true love" are slaughtered like stupid little lambs. This guy is at least smart enough to not fall for it before it's too late.

I don't know if you fully read the original post from this man. He said she DID agree to sign. It was her response that he didn't like. That's what boggles my mind. She agrees to sign, he doesn't like her response and decided he doesn't want to be bothered to work this misunderstanding out...instead of trying to understand WHY she responded in this way...unless he's left more information out. Seems to me he's found an excuse to get her out of his life and he's made up his mind.....hmmmmm!

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Oh go take a nap......

:thumbs:

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline

I don't know if you fully read the original post from this man. He said she DID agree to sign. It was her response that he didn't like. That's what boggles my mind. She agrees to sign, he doesn't like her response and decided he doesn't want to be bothered to work this misunderstanding out...instead of trying to understand WHY she responded in this way...unless he's left more information out. Seems to me he's found an excuse to get her out of his life and he's made up his mind.....hmmmmm!

There'e simply not enough information to make an informed opinion, and barring that, I believe the posts should refrain from deciding this matter. For the record, and not specifically related to this thread but something to chew on... if an alien had his/her personal interests before those of his/her intended spouse (be it residency and/or residency and a feathered nest) agreeing to sign a prenup with some reservation doesn't necessarily mean that the alien is still not focused on his/her personal interests. ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.