IMANCO

HELP LAWYERS MERRY GO ROUND

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Guys, my wife has never really believed in the authenticity of the Visa journey site. Despite several attempts ;to convince her that it was okay to pursue the whole process by ourselves, being a pessimist, she decided to engage a lawyer. What i soon found out was that, by following threads from all the folks on the visa journey site, i was always several steps ahead of the lawyer. The most annoying part was when the lawyer kept on insisting that the k3 route which we started in January 2012 was still in existence. Based on advice from the lawyer, we applied fro the i129f and the i130 , one month apart (i130 in Jan and i129 in feb). Our petitions got approved jointly on May 29th. Based on tips from the visa journey site, i kept on calling the NVC until we got our case number and IIN. Still nothing from the lawyer.

Based on advice from the visa journey site, i came to understand that because the 2 petitions were approved together, the i129f will be closed administratively.

My wife came over to spend 2 weeks with me and while she was here, we decided to call the lawyer . By then the NVC had sent the IIN, NVC case number and AOS and IV BILLS to me, my wife and the lawyer. The lawyer asked us not to pay these bills and kept hammering on the fact that that the NVC had not closed the i129f and that it was our right to choose which petition to follow.

I told my wife what i learnt from the site, but of course, she had the notion that the lawyer was better informed ( since law was not my field). WE waited 3 whole weeks doing nothing (actually we did loads of travelling across the UK during the wait - London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh).

Finally, the annoying lawyer, came back and told us the same thing folks on the visa journey had been hammering since.I felt annoyed and disgusted, now the idiotic lawyer wants us to pay the 2 bills and i am asking myself, what really is his role?

The question i have here is that on our invoice page we have been asked to make 2 payments , one for the AOS and the other for the IV. All the threads i have been reading on the visa journey site, most folks paid one bill, waited ,for it to show paid, then got instructions from NVC and a packet before paying the second. Why have we been asked to pay both bills at the same time?

I will be most grateful if the VJ member can help answer this question?

Timeline

Hi Guys, my wife has never really believed in the authenticity of the Visa journey site. Despite several attempts ;to convince her that it was okay to pursue the whole process by ourselves, being a pessimist, she decided to engage a lawyer. What i soon found out was that, by following threads from all the folks on the visa journey site, i was always several steps ahead of the lawyer. The most annoying part was when the lawyer kept on insisting that the k3 route which we started in January 2012 was still in existence. Based on advice from the lawyer, we applied fro the i129f and the i130 , one month apart (i130 in Jan and i129 in feb). Our petitions got approved jointly on May 29th. Based on tips from the visa journey site, i kept on calling the NVC until we got our case number and IIN. Still nothing from the lawyer.

Based on advice from the visa journey site, i came to understand that because the 2 petitions were approved together, the i129f will be closed administratively.

My wife came over to spend 2 weeks with me and while she was here, we decided to call the lawyer . By then the NVC had sent the IIN, NVC case number and AOS and IV BILLS to me, my wife and the lawyer. The lawyer asked us not to pay these bills and kept hammering on the fact that that the NVC had not closed the i129f and that it was our right to choose which petition to follow.

I told my wife what i learnt from the site, but of course, she had the notion that the lawyer was better informed ( since law was not my field). WE waited 3 whole weeks doing nothing (actually we did loads of travelling across the UK during the wait - London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh).

Finally, the annoying lawyer, came back and told us the same thing folks on the visa journey had been hammering since.I felt annoyed and disgusted, now the idiotic lawyer wants us to pay the 2 bills and i am asking myself, what really is his role?

The question i have here is that on our invoice page we have been asked to make 2 payments , one for the AOS and the other for the IV. All the threads i have been reading on the visa journey site, most folks paid one bill, waited ,for it to show paid, then got instructions from NVC and a packet before paying the second. Why have we been asked to pay both bills at the same time?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Duplicate post

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Edited by kennard

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

No problem. The admins will merge or remove. But the lawyers are not as informed as VJ members :devil:

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

As per my knowledge, first you have to pay AOS bill, and after that, your invoice will be generated for IV bill.

Of course, at the moment when you login your account, you will see both bills, but first pay AOS bill, then wait for IV invoice to be generated.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The reason most people wait to pay the IV bill and first the AOS bill is because in the NVC processing the IV bill isnt available/invoiced to pay as early. Since you have a lawyer, you dont need to go through a process that takes 1-2 weeks for the selection of agent/DS 3032 form.

Since both bills are already invoiced, you should pay both of these as soon as possible in order to facilitate presumably your lawyer then mailing to the NVC the associated physical applications and documents for both packages (AOS/I864 & IV/DS230)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Only Lawyers can pay the two bills at the same time.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

. Why have we been asked to pay both bills at the same time?

Since you have the lawyer, NVC isn't waiting for any DS3032 to invoice the IV bill. Both were invoiced together. Just pay them. No worries.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There was a G-28 filed with the I-130,

so is no need to set up a DS-3032.

No DS-3032 needed? ALL FEE BILLS are invoiced at the same time, can pay all on same day of receiving them, is no need to wait like the rest of the folk wait, those who not have a lawyer.

IMO, it's the ONLY benefit for having an attorney. The ONLY one. But I'm biased, I loathe immigration attornies.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The 2 bills have been paid, what are the next stages after this? Do i have to wait for the bills to be showed as paid online? What forms do i need to fill after this? I have all supporting docs ready - police report, birth cert, etc...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

DONE the payment and got an email its been paid. I will call d lawyer tomorrow.

Send the lawyer a bill for services rendered by VJers. :rofl:

We could use the extra $$$$ :dance::devil:

P.S. The question arises ... whether all lawyers are the same. This is like asking whether everything that gets into a sewer is garbage.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The 2 bills have been paid, what are the next stages after this? Do i have to wait for the bills to be showed as paid online? What forms do i need to fill after this? I have all supporting docs ready - police report, birth cert, etc...

Find the NVC Wiki and become an expert on the shortcuts. This is a "do it yourself" site, not a spoon feed you, site.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.