Mazicito

RFE for proof of entry into Nigeria.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got an RFE from CSC requesting for passport stamp page indicating entry into Nigeria that may help in proving we have met in the last 2 years. The problem is, I have an E-passport and it isn't stamped neither do I have the stubs(My bad). Is there any way to get the passport information indicating this entry? The stub part, I went to the airline's website and got the record from my mileage plus program.

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. ~ George S. Patton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Looking at your time line USCIS, is looking for proof you visited, the balls in your court, did you travel on Nigerian passport or US passport to Nigeria? i would suggest you reread the K1 requirements, as some Nigerian VJ people seem to have had a tough time. You are doing K-1? correct, see the guides.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Looking at your time line USCIS, is looking for proof you visited, the balls in your court, did you travel on Nigerian passport or US passport to Nigeria? i would suggest you reread the K1 requirements, as some Nigerian VJ people seem to have had a tough time. You are doing K-1? correct, see the guides.

I traveled with both but the entry was scanned on my e passport. So there is no stamp.

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. ~ George S. Patton

Timeline

I traveled with both but the entry was scanned on my e passport. So there is no stamp.

And yes it is for K-1.

Timeline

Well then, tell them that. I would add additional proof if you are worried. You have to think like the government save everything they might need or think about needing it worked for us..

Timeline

Well then, tell them that. I would add additional proof if you are worried. You have to think like the government save everything they might need or think about needing it worked for us..

Thanks, so far am trying to think like em but I can't figure out a way to pull up the information logged in the chip on my passport as an extra evidence. Any ideas? :D

Timeline

We can't they can, so find other proof in the mean time, the truth is what it is. You have the burden of proof on the 2 year visit requirement for the K1. USCIS should have a clue about e passports, it is always different with dual passport holders. Other receipts? CC, parking car rental, etc.

Ugh, the truth is if you are a USC you should be traveling only on your US passport. But let's get beyond what you didn't do, to what you did do, you will need to request this information from the e-passport owner. The country will need to send you a copy of all entry and exit you have made using the e-passport.

Your RFE is only good for 30 days, so you are going to have to rush on this.

Yes, we know people use their home passport to enter their home country, but once you are a USC you should only be using your USC passport. I didn't write these rules so I am not debating them.

Timeline

You actually need to contact Nigerian insepction to see if they will release the data to you. Forgeign governements are not allowed to write entries to your chip. It works almost like a speed pass at the gas station. You ( a foreign governement) are allowed to scan the data off it to your database but you are not allowed to alter the data on it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks, so far am trying to think like em but I can't figure out a way to pull up the information logged in the chip on my passport as an extra evidence. Any ideas? :D

The chip in the passport is an RFID chip. It contains your basic biographic information, but it doesn't contain your travel history. That's logged into the computer that scans the chip.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Problem is I realized the scan was on my Nigerian passport and not the US one and the RFE requested specifically a stamp on my US passport. :(

Timeline

Send them the bio pages of your nigerian passport and your us passport, send the intinerary and explain as a dual citizen once on Nigerian soil you must obey nigerian rules and use that passport to enter. Send ANY proof you were there. Reciepts for anything you bought ( yeah I know there is no such thing there for the most part ) any dated photos and such .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did you buy the plane ticket? Do you still have that itinerary? Just write a letter explaining the situation, you traveled no your Nigernian passport and you have no stamp. Send them copies of both passport pages.

And yes, try hard to think of any other documentation that you can find.

And if others are reading, 1) ALWAYS get a stamp in your passport anywhere you travel, and 2) NEVER throw away your boarding passes and receipts!!!! These are the two strongest pieces of evidence of meeting in person!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, we know people use their home passport to enter their home country, but once you are a USC you should only be using your USC passport. I didn't write these rules so I am not debating them.

There are no such rules. Can you refer to any government issued document which says this?

But of course, it doesn't help OP in his case since his Nigerian passport happened to be an electronic...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Problem is I realized the scan was on my Nigerian passport and not the US one and the RFE requested specifically a stamp on my US passport. :(

Should not be a problem by itself - just send a letter (a few lines) to explain this.

Include other proofs that you didn't include with your original submission, if there are any. For example, have you used your credit card while in Nigeria? If so, send the CC statement showing transactions there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.