msheesha

DAILY THREAD

335 posts in this topic

Yeah! Although not much yet. I've got some of that going on everywhere under various layers of padding. My 6s are getting kinda roomy. I have yet to try on any 4s to see how that is going. I'm so excited to be in the 120s again-- even though it's just 129 LOL.

How tall are you? I know I always ask. I always forget. I'm pretty short --- 5'2" MAYBE 5'2.3"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband requested the day off over a month ago for his interview on Monday, his boss told him then no problem. So he goes into work today and he is on the schedule and he asks his boss what's up with that? It;s my interview and I need the time I'm not coming in....his boss goes on to say it;s human resources not me...blah blah blah...so needless to say my husband won;t be going to work Monday...we shall see what happens with his job. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...like this process isn't stressful enough. Sorry for the rant whistling.gif

I read 5 pounds per inch is normal so that's a lot to me! You at 129 is the same as me at about 120, right? I think I'm right around there. I do not want to weigh myself again until I am confident that I'm under 120 :-p

Filed: Timeline

My husband requested the day off over a month ago for his interview on Monday, his boss told him then no problem. So he goes into work today and he is on the schedule and he asks his boss what's up with that? It;s my interview and I need the time I'm not coming in....his boss goes on to say it;s human resources not me...blah blah blah...so needless to say my husband won;t be going to work Monday...we shall see what happens with his job. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...like this process isn't stressful enough. Sorry for the rant whistling.gif

What the heck is it with the crazy employees this week LOL... Good for him, it's is visa day woooohooooooooooooooooooooooo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I read 5 pounds per inch is normal so that's a lot to me! You at 129 is the same as me at about 120, right? I think I'm right around there. I do not want to weigh myself again until I am confident that I'm under 120 :-p

Yep! That would be right :) I'm aiming for a fit 120.

That sucks!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/377362-i-need-urgent-help-with-re-filing-i-130/

a thread in another regional forum that could possibly benefit from some of the wisdom in this regional.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

stopped by to say have a good few weeks everyone. I'll be home August 3. Wish us luck!!!!!

Farewell! Best wishes for a smooth trip :)

@ ForevernWaiting: I was catching the back story about the harrassment Mohammed endured and the wonderful outcome from all of it. That is really awesome.

@ All

I'm having the loveliest visit with my husband. Sometimes now I'm regretting this 2 month visit. My kids have come extremely attached and of course I am every day falling more in love. I take pictures of everything from him mowing the grass to our fun events. We've been running hotter and dryer temperatures than Cairo for the duration of his stay, lol. We are used to 85-95 with 60% humidity this time of year. Instead we're running 100+ with 30% humidity.

How's everyone beating the heat this summer? How was the holiday (4th)?

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

I'm reposting here because I'm not sure which one is in use for posting? Monthly thread or daily thread?

I just wanted to update every one on my husband's new job.

He has been here for 6 months now. He has diligently sought employment, but with the job market the way it is... work is scarce. So he started up a mobile mechanic business and was earning good money doing that. Yet he wsnt happy. He would go to calls early & still be out on calls late.

He never stopped sending his resume out. Last week he was hired as an financial analyst for a very big banking company in their corporate offices. Yes it is out of his comfort area... He has 10 years in the accounting field from his career in Egypt, but it is a foot in the door of the American job market. He is studying for the CPA exam, on his own, soon he will sit for the exam.

I'm so very proud of my Ahmed. luv.gif He is a hard worker.

I see the struggle it is for every one in our country these days, yet it is even harder for our spouses to come here and find work. So for every one still searching, don't give up.

Like we say to each other... if we can make it thru the hard times together, the easy times will be real easy LOL. That is one thing I seen so clearly between him and I. We never turned negative towards each other... we laughed at things that made us want to cry... we took turns keeping each other strong... we found ways to enjoy life even when it was easier to let it get us down. Our love for finding the deals became more of necessity & we learned how much we truly could save.

We make one heck of a team.

So that's my news LOL

Timeline

Thats big news!! Its rough out there on the job market in most fields :s Congrats :)

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

I'm reposting here because I'm not sure which one is in use for posting? Monthly thread or daily thread?

He has been here for 6 months now. He has diligently sought employment, but with the job market the way it is... work is scarce. So he started up a mobile mechanic business and was earning good money doing that. Yet he wsnt happy. He would go to calls early & still be out on calls late.

He never stopped sending his resume out. Last week he was hired as an financial analyst for a very big banking company in their corporate offices. Yes it is out of his comfort area... He has 10 years in the accounting field from his career in Egypt, but it is a foot in the door of the American job market. He is studying for the CPA exam, on his own, soon he will sit for the exam.

I see the struggle it is for every one in our country these days, yet it is even harder for our spouses to come here and find work. So for every one still searching, don't give up.

Like we say to each other... if we can make it thru the hard times together, the easy times will be real easy LOL. That is one thing I seen so clearly between him and I. We never turned negative towards each other... we laughed at things that made us want to cry... we took turns keeping each other strong... we found ways to enjoy life even when it was easier to let it get us down. Our love for finding the deals became more of necessity & we learned how much we truly could save.

So that's my news LOL

Wow that sounds very promising and we wish him the best of luck with his new job and passing his CPA Exam.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

So that's my news LOL

Congratz !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Well I am obviously bored today since I am off work now of Friday's and was sitting here thinking that many of my friends here on VJ that I spoke with are planning on fasting during Ramadan or just doing a day or so with the spouse. I wanna, but I am too afraid, I would get cranky or cheat and then I would feel horrible and ruin his day. I don't have to fast as he only asked if I would like to try one day with him since last year I didn't try what so ever. I can get up and eat with him and all, but I guess it's a head game for me as others here seem to manage very well not eating or drinking all day. It's approaching so fast, and I was thinking, if I was gonna do this, I would try the first day.

Here is my morning menu for first day:

Harira soup, a few boiled eggs and a protein smoothie with frozen fruit. Is that too much? as I wanna feel full, but by 9:15 p.m. or so, I am sure to be like a kid in a candy store trying to find anything to shove in my mouth until he prays and we all sit down for dinner which also means I cannot even taste what I am cooking for dinner, oh dear I am already making excuses as to why I can't now LOL.

Well anyone out there gonna try this for the first time.???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That sounds like an awful lot of food to consume so early in the morning. That will keep you full for awhile but not until after 9pm. I would consume what you normally would for breakfast because stuffing yourself will not take you through the entire day anyways. When I used to fast I would get up to drink and maybe eat something small (a bagel or toast) because I'm not used to eating so early in the morning. I usually don't eat breakfast until around 10am on a normal morning. I've never fasted in the summer so I feel for those who do it. Last time I fasted I believe Ramadan was in October.

ETA - you don't want to eat anything spicy or salty for suhoor otherwise you'll be more thirsty all day. Or at least that's been my experience.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.