DMYTRO

Guys need help! Can't find ANY job :-(

82 posts in this topic

Come on I was a cook! Who gonna look for the references! Some maybe will but this is not a management or other BIG position.

And even if they call my past job I gave them phone number of my friend who is supervisor there so he will not tell that I was fired.

And they never check references BEFORE they call for an interview.

I can tell this is your 1st job, if you want a job you must understand even if it is moping floors, a referene from your past jobs gives a validation of your character and work ethic. So yes, even for a cooks job, walmart and target does make phone ccalls to verify your work ethi. If the sup from the prior job is a friend, why isn't he helping you with the un-employment appeal.

You stated that you are 23 years old and only been in the US for 3 years, so when someone is trying to give you advise why are you over-talking them. I have more than 20 years in the work force, and I do interviews for Big Corp and small business, so I am not just typing because I have nothing else to do at 1:16 am .

Do you want another job or do you want to stay un-employed?

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Timeline

I can tell this is your 1st job, if you want a job you must understand even if it is moping floors, a referene from your past jobs gives a validation of your character and work ethic. So yes, even for a cooks job, walmart and target does make phone ccalls to verify your work ethi. If the sup from the prior job is a friend, why isn't he helping you with the un-employment appeal.

You stated that you are 23 years old and only been in the US for 3 years, so when someone is trying to give you advise why are you over-talking them. I have more than 20 years in the work force, and I do interviews for Big Corp and small business, so I am not just typing because I have nothing else to do at 1:16 am .

Do you want another job or do you want to stay un-employed?

I am sorry if you feel this way. I am not over-talking I just trying to keep my post alive))) So people will see that I care.

Thank you a lot about replays. Thank you for staying up late for me)))

Its just I trying to explain you a situation.

Once again I am sorry. It just if something doesn't work I want to explain why)

Friend... You know I couldn't find a REAL friend here for 3 years. Yeah he is nice guy. he will not say anything bad about me.

But he will not go to the court with me, we not that close.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I hire cooks and do check past employment. Why were you fired.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1340002638[/url]' post='5457881']

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my topic.

I want to tell a little about me first

I am 24 years old male from LA (San Fernando Valley)

Don't know whats going on with me...

Came to US 3 years ago I found job as a cook,

Worked there for 2 years but then I lost that job.

2 month already i can't find ANY job!

Walmart, Target, Costco, etc. No one is hiring

I go every work day to HRs, restaurants cafes.

Changed my resume 10 times.

I dress good - nice dark jeans, black, brand leather sneakers

and nice polo shirt or shirt.

Have no tattoo, piecing, don't smoke, speak with a little accent

but speak good English, I am clean person short hair etc...

Just regular, every day normal guy.

I shocked! I CANT FIND ANY JOB! HOW I WOULD SURVIVE!

I tried to make some friends but I couldn't, so no

one can help me with that.

The main question is after 2-3 month I will run out of money completely.

What can I do?

1) Suicide

Don't like to give up, don't want to be a looser. Scared of the GOD too...

2) Be a homeless

I don't really like this choice.

3) I can jump in my car and just drive to another state to find a job

Which State you would recommend me? Which city?

Stuff like go to school, start you own business not gonna work, because I am broke.

I am really depressed.

I feel like people HATE me, they just don't like me.

Also I feel like I am a good person, I always did good job at work,

I know how to manage things.

Yeah life sometimes give us hard time... But come on...What I am gonna do after 2-3 months?

Sorry for crying but what you think guys?

Number 3 is a good choice? Which State, which city you think...

Dmytro, what's going on with you is that you are despairing.

IMHO suicide is a bad option and you should really get it out of your mind. You're too young to quit just like that.. The only positive outlook you can draw of of this notion is that if you really feel that you have absolutely nothing to lose, then why not try something else altogether?

Have you looked at cruise lines? Summer is upon us and LA will get busy with sailing season around the corner. Many cruise ships will hire you provided your references are good and your background checks clean. Have you checked hotels and other tourist attractions in Southand and around it?

Check job postings for these type of jobs and see if your resume would look good enough to get their attention. There are websites that can help you and give you pointers as to how your resume should look like. Draw from their tips and be creative in your resume. You need not lie but you may need to word it in a way that it contains the buzzwords that go with the posted job.

If you need any motivation to get anything that comes your way, consider planning for your future and getting schooled to learn a profession, a craft or something else so that you are more marketable in the future if you should find yourself desperately looking for a job gain. Of course you need money to go back to school so think of that when you sat drawing a salary again and feel the urge to spend it on something you really do not need.

I wish you luck and I wish you well!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Thank you guys for you help. I guess I have to just keep looking again and again.

But most interesting part of this topic is jobs in North Dakota!

Can anybody share experience how easy to get those jobs?

Do you need any kind of experience?

I love LA, but jobs like cook or Sears, Walmart I feel kinda for the lady.

I want something for the real man)))

I want work hard and what pays good.

North Dakota, should I give a try?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you guys for you help. I guess I have to just keep looking again and again.

I watched a program on what's happening in North Dakota with the oil there. You should try to google it and see what you can find out. It sounds promising, actually, and you can work fast food and make more than you would make in other places. The only catch is there isn't a lot of housing because this area is just being developed.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Western North Dakota is hard. You've got huge inflation. Rent is super inflated and places to live are hard to find. You'll make great money but probably end up dropping 65%+ of your earnings on rent.

Also, it really is freakin' cold up there. You haven't had to deal with a 9-month winter until you've...had to deal with a 9-month winter. Most places include heat in the bill but I thought it sucked that most places didn't have a/c ---) there are a couple of weeks where you're averaging temps of 90+F.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Western North Dakota is hard. You've got huge inflation. Rent is super inflated and places to live are hard to find. You'll make great money but probably end up dropping 65%+ of your earnings on rent.

Also, it really is freakin' cold up there. You haven't had to deal with a 9-month winter until you've...had to deal with a 9-month winter. Most places include heat in the bill but I thought it sucked that most places didn't have a/c ---) there are a couple of weeks where you're averaging temps of 90+F.

I am not scared of cold weather. I more scared about my experience, because I have none. I am trying to apply with them on-line maybe I'll get luck and they will hire me.

Let me get this straight. You're saying your're running out of money in a couple months, and don't want to be homeless ... and yet you're being picky about what kind of job you could get because you only want REAL MAN work?

You need to understand the state of the American economy right now. Take whatever job you can get then look for others you'd like more. Beggars can't be choosers.

Let me get this straight. You're saying your're running out of money in a couple months, and don't want to be homeless ... and yet you're being picky about what kind of job you could get because you only want REAL MAN work?

You need to understand the state of the American economy right now. Take whatever job you can get then look for others you'd like more. Beggars can't be choosers.

I am not picking! I am saying that I would rather work in oil industry than moping floor, but I don't have even opportunity to mope the floor. I know what I am saying)))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

California has some of the highest unemployment rates, so you may be facing a lot of competition with few available jobs. Besides North Dakota, there are other states with a good economy. Iowa, Minnesota to name a couple. Weather is not as brutal there as in ND.

While oil companies are hiring like crazy in ND, be aware that housing is getting very expensive there with a shortage of rentals. Companies don't normally have enough man camp spots to cover everyone's needs, so bringing a camper van with good insulation would be ideal. Many sleep in their cars I hear. Summers are as hot as winters are cold. But if you're fit and want to make good money, give it a shot.

California has some of the highest unemployment rates, so you may be facing a lot of competition with few available jobs. Besides North Dakota, there are other states with a good economy. Iowa, Minnesota to name a couple. Weather is not as brutal there as in ND.

While oil companies are hiring like crazy in ND, be aware that housing is getting very expensive there with a shortage of rentals. Companies don't normally have enough man camp spots to cover everyone's needs, so bringing a camper van with good insulation would be ideal. Many sleep in their cars I hear. Summers are as hot as winters are cold. But if you're fit and want to make good money, give it a shot.

Thank you a lot! Unfortunately, I don't have camper van, but anyway like you said I'll give a shot!

Yeah, California...I can't believe they don't want to hire me even in a pizza places...

Iowa, Minnesota - maybe, who knows where I'll end up)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in California, recently hiring for a minimum wage job, and got over 80 applications. Some from people who had been making $25/hr at their last job. People are desperate. I'm getting people in here who haven't worked in years.

Are you submitting a resume or filling out an application? I would recommend doing both. Walk in, fill out the application completely (get help from someone who can write English VERY well, if you need it) and include your resume, if it's well done.

Keep in mind that places are getting swamped with applications, and they are looking for any reason to weed out people and narrow it down. You aren't making it to the interview stage, so that tells me that something about your application is causing you to be tossed in the "no" pile. What are you saying is your reason for leaving your last job?

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Thank you a lot! Unfortunately, I don't have camper van, but anyway like you said I'll give a shot!

Yeah, California...I can't believe they don't want to hire me even in a pizza places...

Iowa, Minnesota - maybe, who knows where I'll end up)

I'm in Minnesota, and I can honestly say if you want to work you can find a job here now. A year ago things started getting much better here as far as finding work. My wife had a job within a month of getting her EAD last winter. It was factory work, staring through a microscope, but she was happy to be working. Three weeks after that and she had an office making a touch more money. It's a temp job though, so she's mainly using it as a experience working in the USA, and has been doing it for three months now. Yesterday she was interviewed for a much better job, with real responsibilities. She'll be the billing clerk for a company, and directly hired permanent. The interview went really well, and knowing my wife she'll most likely get the job. The point being though, she's getting plenty of opportunities to apply for jobs and is now poised to go from low end work to higher paying work after just getting her EAD in February. Its not as good as it was before the economy went bad in the USA, but Minnesota is getting a lot closer to what it was before.

You can find low and no skill work in North Dakota right now. The big problem is housing. But if you stay on the eastern side of the state, there is lots of works and available housing. The pay just isn't what you hear about in the western oil boom part of the state. If I were a young man with nothing going for himself in California right now, I'd get my butt up to the oil boom part of the state and get a job. Yes I might be camping out in my car for the summer. But by fall you should be able to line up some type of housing arrangement and you'll be money ahead. If worse comes to worse, you can move on to another part of the country with money in your pocket before winter arrives.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.