Tang Gui Hua

i-864 petitioner lost his job and gets his food stamp

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone...

I am kind screwed up by my husband. I crossed the border on February and he left his job on January.We had a 4-month old baby when I entered the USA. He asks me to pay all the rent fees and threaten me that not to marry me. I would choose leave USA if we don't have a baby.Eventually we got married the last day. Eventually he signed my package. Thanks god.

Right now I pay all the rent fees. But he keeps getting food stamp and not to look for a job. sigh. I use all of our bank balance to qualify the I-864. I don't know if this is ok. God bless me!

He is kind of abusive especially verbally abusive,very mean and bossy. I can not say anything. I just push him to look for a job recently. He almost smashed my laptop and verbally abused me for 3 days. I still need take care of our baby. I think I have postpartum depression and bad sleep right now. I have been crying every night since I came here. I just wish I can get my green card. I spend so much money and time on this. especially for my baby.

before I have our baby. He is so nice that I think I can have a full family for my baby. But he changed his attitude since I gave birth to our baby, such a beautiful boy. Sometimes I feel so sorry to my son. Sigh.

Is anyone can help me here? Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why not go home?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What kind of help are you looking for?

Is the packet you are talking about your AOS?

What are your goals, stay married, leave the USA, leave you husband and stay in the US?

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Why are you complaining when you knew your husband was $hitty before you even got married? And the worst part is you're using your baby as cover for your current situation. Why not go back to Mexico/Canada where you're husband can't abuse? Don't be so greedy for a greencard.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can't believe all your responses are so harsh. She said he was sweet before she came. This is a horrible situation for her. She needs help and encouragement - not critisism!

Hang in the OP - you need to focus on what you will do - not what he is doing. And you need to provide for your child's care if and when you can work. Is his extended family around? Perhaps they can "up side the head" to him and get him to accept his responsibilities.

I wish you all the best and I wish you good help and support from this forum.

Edited by torontogal4388

One day at a time and pray like crazy!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you used your bank account to qualify for AOS you know that you need 3 times the amount to qualify ? And it has to be there when the interview comes so you can't keep using it if you don't have enough extra. It really sounds like you would be better off without him in your home than like it is now. DId you just cross the border and enter or did you come on a visa ? Your flag says Canada is that right ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Happy to try to give advice or direct you to someone/ somewhere but more information is needed. If you can, answer my first few questions and then we can try to go from there!

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

• 2 months later...

How are you and the little guy getting on, are things better for you now you are out of the US? So glad you had the sense to leave the situation, I am sure it wasn't an easy decision to make, take care and all the best for the future :)

I left States, Thanks guys. bye bye...... Just my poor little son!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I hope you are doing ok..

These stories of how men treat thier wives.. it just really is upsetting to hear.. Men that threat women like this simply are not men...

God bless you.. how are you and your son doing?

Filed: Timeline

I hope you are doing ok..

These stories of how men treat thier wives.. it just really is upsetting to hear.. Men that threat women like this simply are not men...

God bless you.. how are you and your son doing?

A most ridiculous statement.

Let's call it what it is, he is still a Man, not a Woman. An unsavory one, allegedly, perhaps but a biological Man none withstanding.

I do agree that it is upsetting and to me unsettling especially since a child is involved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Let's call it what it is, he is still a Man, not a Woman. An unsavory one, allegedly, perhaps but a biological Man none withstanding.

I do agree that it is upsetting and to me unsettling especially since a child is involved.

He may be a man by sexual organs, but nothing else... Real Men, dont treat women this way... I know you understand what I meant but maybe, have the need to argue.. that's fine.. but never-the-less, this dude is not a real man.. he's is scum...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Who peed in your cornflakes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.