moondancer627

Just need some support here

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As you know my husband got his EAD in May and Green Card in July.

He decided he did not want to stay and live here in Tucson becuause of the heat, so he went to Flagstaff until August.

We visited with each other several times, me going to Flagstaff, and him coming down here for weekends. I could handle that since he was in the same state at least.

He parked his RV in the yard mid August and left for Alberta to visit his Father until the end of October. I thought I could handle that too, since I know how much his father depends on him.

Now he tells me that he is not planning on coming back to Tucson until January because he is making more money in Canada then he could make here in Tucson.

This means he will not be here for our 1 year anniver. in November or any other the holidays. He hasn't made any effort to say, hey don't worry I will pay for your flight to visit me in alberta over the holidays. I checked into airline tickets and he is more obsessed with how much I have on credit cards, then me being with him,

He said I am sending you $ so you can pay off those credit card debts.

My problem is now that he has been away so much , my heart is breaking totally, I cry everyday thinking about this.

I don't want to file for divorce and we signed a Convanent Marriage License that makes it even hard to Divorce.

The license states that we can only file for divorce after a year of abandonment, which he does call.

The other problem is, I don't like being alone so I have one good friend who is way older than me, but we have been spending lots of time together since we have a lot in common.

Anton has no problem with the fact that have a close friendship with this guy. He just tells me tell "Randy" thanks for taking care of you and keeping you happy while I am gone.

This is tearing me apart emotionally,

Thanks for listening VJ Friends...

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm very sorry for your situation. I cannot imagine the heartbreak you're feeling. :( Is there any chance you could move up to be with him in Canada? I hope you can work out some solution. I hope he knows how much you love him and that the separation is tearing your relationship apart. Hang on to hope. (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

His actions speak volumes! hang in there.

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

omg....I feel really bad for you :( This separation is doing your marriage no good at all......

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I'm *so* sorry for what you're going through...we're always here to listen. Hang in there... (F) (F) (F) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry hon. Separation is bad enough whilst waiting FOR the visa to come through...even worse when you have been though all of that and are THEN separated again.

Just going to ask you something though (if you don't mind)...does he know how much you miss him? Have you told him EXACTLY how you feel? Because if you haven't he may not actually realise it is as bad as it is.

You'd be amazed how many people think that the other person in the relationship knows how the other is feeling...but doesn't.

If you haven't had a full and frank chat I'd recommend it. Might work wonders, y'never know. :)

Edited by mags

Have a discussion with him about priorities, Moondancer. There has to be some compromise that will make you both happy... The lack of intimacy you have between you right now is very unhealthy.

We're always here to listen.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Oh gosh darlin', I can just imagine how you are feeling (F) *hugs* You guys really do need to talk and you need to tell him how you are honestly feeling. Sometimes this can be hard, depending on personalities and the relationship, but you really do need to express your feelings more. I have to learn the same thing.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.