gretchen_darren

American vs Filipino

222 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

BS!!!. BTW you never did answer what Gretchen thought of your " browntail tuna" comment.

He he... I'm going to have to use the "browntail tuna" line on my fiancé.

USA, pets are treated almost if not better then humans, including having insurance. Sometimes rewards are posted for a "pet". In the Philippines, sometimes they have pets, but in the end, the "pet" gets eaten....

wasn't saying anything about dogs... As a matter of fact, dogs wasn't even mentioned. I was thinking more of "goldfish", "pigs", or "chickens/roosters". You went there on your thinking....

I guess I missed something..............this looks to me like it would be a reference to ####### fighting.

OK, I concede. I did have insurance for my pet goldfish... :blush:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I guess I missed something..............this looks to me like it would be a reference to ####### fighting.

But later he talked about Filipinos eating their pets. Of course, he says he was talking about the numerous pet chickens and pigs that everybody has. :rolleyes:

Hehe. It depends where you live. I assume that he spent his time in the provinces. I also go to the provinces. One of the people I met had a pet pig who slept in the house like a pet cat or dog. Poor piglet does not what will happen to it in 3 months :whistle: .

Another difference that my friends tells me all the time is that Filipinos love to say "Sir" or "Ma'am" especially at the malls. I am also Filipino, but lived most of my life in the U.S. I had a hard time being called "Sir."

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Weddings here in Manila are such a production.

I tried my best to keep things simple. I also don't want butterflies, doves and whatnot flying all around me as I walk down the aisle :wacko:

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would not eat the loser from the chicken fights. To much drugs in and on the chicken, make it unsafe. The losers here tend to wander around the Walmart Costco and Burger King.

I for sure heard a lot of that sir and ma'am when in the Phils... wasn't crazy about it, but oh well.

I don't have a problem with it here or in the the Philippines. i figure being all that and then some I deserve a little respect. In fact I demand respect

Filed: Timeline

I figure being all that and then some I deserve a little respect. In fact I demand respect

You must have been a career ensign or a second lieutenant, or soon will be. Hope you get to enjoy civilian life again, if your own troops don't frag you first. Respect is earned, shavetail! :rofl:

You must have been a career ensign or a second lieutenant, or soon will be. Hope you get to enjoy civilian life again, if your own troops don't frag you first. Respect is earned, shavetail! :rofl:

LOL I was joking poking or whatever you call it. That's kind of a line from a comedy routine I like...

Funny you should mention it. I was a 2 louie butter bar at one time. Was probably an insufferable ####### at times. :) Usually by the time we make 0-3 we mellow start sleeping with the enlisted women and what not, which mellows us out.. It's the full birds that are the biggest jerks most of the time.

Oh and P.S. I am 50 fat and have been a civ for a long long time. I am a hollow undisciplined shell of my former lean mean, kill em all and let god sort them out self

When I get to Heaven

Saint Peter’s gonna say

“How’d you earn your livin’ boy?

How’d you earn your pay?”

I’ll reply with a whole lot of anger,

“I made my living as an Airborne Ranger!”

Blood, guts, and a whole lot of danger

That’s the life of an Airborne Ranger!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.