87nan

n400 sons and doughters correction

16 posts in this topic

FIRST OF ALL LET ME THANK THE SYSTEM ADMI AND ALL OTHER PERSONS WHO IN THEIR LITTLE WAY CONTRIBUTED TO THE SUCCESS OF THIS FORUM.

I HAVE A QUESTION REGARDING SONS AND DOUGHTERS ON THE N 400 FORM. I COMPLETED MY AND MAIL MY QUESTION IS I TAKE CARE OF MY SISTERS DOUGHTER AND MY BROTHERS SON SO I PUT THEM IN IT AS MY SON AND DOUGHTER. WILL I GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you listed them on all the forms through your entire process? Like when you got your green card / when you removed conditions on the green card etc ? Or only on the N400.

Why would you say you have kids and list someone elses children? It is a form of misrepresentation aka lying.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

good morning every one out there. thanks for the reply to my post.let me make myself clear to see is i can get an explanation to this. first of all i came here on dv lottory. my quetion is will i get in trouble for putting my dependants as my son and doughters. they are my sisters son and my brothers doughter. i take care of them any way. i do have their birth cert.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Obviously, putting them on your N-400 was a mistake. How serious it is and what the consequences might be, depend on a lot of things. The facts that you have their birth certificates, that you take care of them and that you got your green card through the lottery are irrelevant. Most importantly, please answer the questions other people asked you above. Answers to these questions are very important and will help us in answering your question.

Edited by DrVS

I am sorry for bothering guys with this my issue but i want guys out there to help me correct this since i already commited a suicide. my question now is can i make corrections to my case since is already in line to be schedule for interview. i will appreciate a professional advise. lots of thanks to all members who makes it posible for this forum to be going.

good morning every one out there. thanks for the reply to my post.let me make myself clear to see is i can get an explanation to this. first of all i came here on dv lottory. my quetion is will i get in trouble for putting my dependants as my son and doughters. they are my sisters son and my brothers doughter. i take care of them any way. i do have their birth cert.

i have not added them to any of my papers, this is my fist case since i got my green card in 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** three topics on the same issue merged and a fourth without answers removed. PLease do not post more than once on a topic ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If I understand correctly you entered on DV lottery and you are applying to be a USC. You are the primary care giver to your sisters children.

How did these children enter the US ? How old are they ? Who is listed as a parent on their birth certificates. Where is your sister ( is she alive or dead )

Please answer so we can give better advise

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

If I understand correctly you entered on DV lottery and you are applying to be a USC. You are the primary care giver to your sisters children.

How did these children enter the US ? How old are they ? Who is listed as a parent on their birth certificates. Where is your sister ( is she alive or dead )

Please answer so we can give better advise

my sister is alive and their fathers name is on their birth cert. They are in Ghana anyway.

Timeline

You should not have added them, which you seem to know by now- just because you send them some money, they are not your kids. You may get an RFE for that, but I think chances are they will not bring it up till the interview. Bring a corrected N-400 with you and first thing after you are sworn in, hand over the corrected form and explain your mistake.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Along time ago, was living with my mom and two younger brothers, she died, I took over support of them and claimed them on my income tax. Was called in, can't do that, just scratched their names off and wanted a check for additional taxes, no fines. Took them to court and became their legal guardian, was happy to do that so the state wouldn't have to take care of them, then I could legally deduct them from my income taxes. But that is the IRS, not the USCIS!

If you read page four of the N-400 instructions have to list all of your children, living or dead, either natural born to you, adopted, or step children, the children of your spouse if you have one. Says nothing about nieces nor nephews, or even being a legal guardian.

From the USCIS, and even as a US citizen. "No one can file an I-130 on behalf of an aunt, uncle, cousin, niece, nephew, in-law relative or grandparent."

If you want to bring them here, would have to adopt them first.

You should not have added them, which you seem to know by now- just because you send them some money, they are not your kids. You may get an RFE for that, but I think chances are they will not bring it up till the interview. Bring a corrected N-400 with you and first thing after you are sworn in, hand over the corrected form and explain your mistake.

thanks for the advise. But can i call them for correction before the interview.

thanks for the advise. But can i call them for correction before the interview.or do you advise that i should look for a layer for a professional advise and actions

Timeline

There is no way to call them really. If you haven't done your biometrics yet, you could bring it with you then, or make an Infopass appointment and see what can be done.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We also screwed up on our N-400 by not listing all my my wife's step kids, my kids, but caught that error after we sent in our application. Just added all that information to the N-400 application, used the same application date, printed it out, had my wife sign it, and she took that in explaining the error at her interview. Was no problem.

Really don't know why they want all that, her IO briefly looked through it and none of my kids, natural born US citizens were eligible to receive citizenship through her. And neither were her kids, both over 18. So she was told, none of our kids were eligible to receive automatic US citizenship through her. But we already knew that.

If they saw your niece and nephew on your old application, would more than likely be told they are not eligible either, because they are not your kids.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.