jaffar

how many I-130 forms for my 2 daughters and wife or it has to be only one form

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If someone can help me understand the form i-130 ..... do i have to file just one i -130 form for 2 of my daughters and wife or it will be 3 separate i-130 forms i have to file ? and how much is it 450$ or is it $1350 for all 3? and besides i-130 do i have to file any other forms? and how long it will take as they are German Citizen plz someone can help me with this matter it will be appricitated ..... thanks in advance.

According to the USCIS website each individual should have a separate I-130. It will be $420 for each with a total $1,260. The other form is G-325A, Biographic Information. Form G-1145, E-Notification

Currently the waiting process at the centers for I-130 is 5 months or longer and the entire process could be up to a year or longer.

Good Luck with your journey.

Not even time and space can deter what is meant to be. Finding ones true love (Soul Mate) is priceless ):

Married 6/19/11

Timeline

USCIS (93 days)

01/31/2012: I-130 Sent

02/03/2012: NOA1 E-mail & Text

02/07/2012: NOA1 Hard Copy

05/10/2012: NOA2 E-mail & Text

05/14/2012: NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC (68 days)

05/14/2012: NVC received

06/01/2012: Case number/IIN

06/04/2012: DS-3032 sent Electronic

06/05/2012: DS-3032 accepted

06/06/2012: AOS Bill PAID

06/09/2012: AOS Package sent

06/24/2012: IV Bill PAID

07/09/2012: IV Package sent

07/20/2012: Case complete at NVC

08/03/2012: Interview scheduled (Interview Date: (09/14/2012)

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

09/06/2012: Medical

09/14/2012: Interview (Approved)

09/21/2012: Visa

10/06/2012: POE Miami

According to the USCIS website each individual should have a separate I-130. It will be $420 for each with a total $1,260. The other form is G-325A, Biographic Information. Form G-1145, E-Notification

Currently the waiting process at the centers for I-130 is 5 months or longer and the entire process could be up to a year or longer.

Good Luck with your journey.

Thanks for such a prompt response i really appreciated. Its going to take only 5 months if i m on green card?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for such a prompt response i really appreciated. Its going to take only 5 months if i m on green card?

how old are your children? you could use only one i130 for all depending on their age. the wait is over 2 years, but the i130 could be approved from 5to 7 months or more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is a guide tab at the top that explains how to file an 130 for a spouse and children. You will have 3 more or less identical packages. They will include forms , fees and initial evidence. The I 130 approval takes the same time no matter, Once approved a USC's petition heads right down the interview path and an LPR's petition gets in the line for a visa number. For a spouse it is about a 3 year total timeline. If the children are still under 21 they will come along if the age up the wait is very long. If you get to be a USC before they arrive you can update and move to the front to the line.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No. It will take five months (give or take) for the petition to be approved. After that, the petition will wait until the priority date becomes current. The wait for Germany right now is about two years.

If your children are under 21 at the time the priority date becomes current, or if their CSPA adjusted age is under 21, then they can get derivative visas based on your wife's petition. If your children are well under 21 years old then you only need to send a petition for your wife. Your kids will be able to apply for derivative visas based on your wife's petition.

There are benefits and risks to sending only one petition. The benefit is that it will cost less, obviously. One of the risks is that the derivative beneficiaries are dependent on the primary beneficiary to derive immigration benefits. In other words, if your wife's visa were denied for some reason then your kid's visas would also have to be denied. A derivative beneficiary cannot obtain a benefit that the primary beneficiary does not also obtain. The same thing would happen if, God forbid, your wife passed away. Another risk is if the children are close to 21 years old, and they age out while waiting for the priority date on the primary beneficiary's petition to become current. If the children had their own petitions then they would automatically convert from F2A to F2B - they'd have to wait longer, but they'd still eventually get a visa. If they didn't have their own petition, and were counting on derivative status from their mother's petition, then they wouldn't be able to get a visa. You'd have to start over with a new petition, and you'd have wasted years of time.

Bear in mind that having multiple petitions doesn't mean that a beneficiary must immigrate only on the petition that was specifically filed for them. If the kids are eligible as derivatives at the time your wife's priority date becomes current then they could apply for derivative visas, even though there are separate petitions for each of them.

If you can afford it, it's better to send a petition for each of them.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Just noticed this poster is the same one with the wife who overstayed on the VWP and was denied entry twice. Any children who are eligible for US citizenship based on their birth on US soil will not receive a visa, they are US citizens and will be required to obtain a US passport.

The wife will be denied at her interview due to her 1+ year overstay and maybe her material misrepresentation. You will be required to file a waiver (if one is available) and you, as an LPR, cannot file a waiver for your spouse.

Just noticed this poster is the same one with the wife who overstayed on the VWP and was denied entry twice. Any children who are eligible for US citizenship based on their birth on US soil will not receive a visa, they are US citizens and will be required to obtain a US passport.

The wife will be denied at her interview due to her 1+ year overstay and maybe her material misrepresentation. You will be required to file a waiver (if one is available) and you, as an LPR, cannot file a waiver for your spouse.

so you r saying that there are no waiver for the spouse of green card holder (permanent residents) .... if not then what would be the next approach.? any help would be appreciated........ thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The spouse would need to get thorugh the process for USC to be able to file a waiver, So if living in the US is a must then spouse becomes a USC and then petitions and files waiver. ( you could send petition just before USC but must be USC at time of interview ) the other method is to live overseas.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.