Greg and Karen

Question #18 I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was reviewing the I-129f that I submitted and noticed that I did not fully answer question 18. I did check that we met within the last 2 years, but misread the question where it asked us to explain how we met. I initially thought the question was asking us to explain how the relationship was established if we have NOT met. After reading it again today, I noticed it was a two sided question. So, basically even though I answered Yes to us meeting within the last 2 years and a submitted proof of us meeting (photos, passport stamps, airline tickets, etc). Will not answering this question cause an RFE, or will we just be asked to provide this information during the interview in Montreal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Difficult to say. Technically, you answered the question when you checked "Yes". However, unlike many of the questions on the form that are merely for data collection, this particular question is about a statutory requirement that requires an answer, as well as proof that the answer is true. If you hadn't checked the box I'd say the chances of an RFE would be 100%. Since you checked the box but left the description blank I think it will depend on how ####### the adjudicator decides to be. I haven't looked in the RFE thread lately to see if anyone got an RFE for this.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It all depends on whoever looks at the form. My advice would be to re-type the answer now so if you do get an RFE at least you can send it immediantly.

But you and I are on the same boat. I too answered how we first met and then explained all of our visits within the two years. Preparation is the key to success, you can do it! :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It all depends on whoever looks at the form. My advice would be to re-type the answer now so if you do get an RFE at least you can send it immediantly.

But you and I are on the same boat. I too answered how we first met and then explained all of our visits within the two years. Preparation is the key to success, you can do it! :thumbs:

Too late for him to correct anything blush.gif The petition has been sent.

I wouldn't worry about an RFE until it actually happens... and if it does... well, at least you'll know why you got it. This process is stressful enough as it is, don't over stress about things you cannot control yet good.gifWhat's done, it's done!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about an RFE until it actually happens... and if it does... well, at least you'll know why you got it. This process is stressful enough as it is, don't over stress about things you cannot control yet good.gifWhat's done, it's done!

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, you are right. I am not going to stress over it. I am hoping they are in a good mood when they do review it and accept the evidence of us meeting (plane tickets and photos) and allow her to describe how we met during the interview process. Plus I have seen some RFE's get sent back and the NOA2 come back 2 weeks later, so that is some good comfort to know that if it does happen it will be delayed just a couple more weeks. Knock on wood! hoping is does not RFE. Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.