Deep in Love

New To this Site-K1 Visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello all,

I am new here. It seems like it is a very usfual and helpful site. I just wanted to tell you guys a little about me. I am petitioning K1-visa for my fiancee. I am a US citizen and my fiancee is an Afghan national. I didn't know about this site, but it seems like I had done things correctly becuase my I-129F was approved with no RFE. Right now I am waiting for the embassy to contact us. Has anyone have any idea what to do and what to expect. Thank you all.

Hello all,

I am new here. It seems like it is a very usfual and helpful site. I just wanted to tell you guys a little about me. I am petitioning K1-visa for my fiancee. I am a US citizen and my fiancee is an Afghan national. I didn't know about this site, but it seems like I had done things correctly becuase my I-129F was approved with no RFE. Right now I am waiting for the embassy to contact us. Has anyone have any idea what to do and what to expect. Thank you all.

Welcome! At this point of your journey, you'll likely be best served by getting to know those in the regional forum that covers Afghanistan. That way, you can get embassy-specific questions asked/answered by those who have done it.

Also, be sure to read the embassy reviews (top navigation bar) along with the Point of Entry reviews based on where your fiancée will enter the US.

Last, but not least, take the time to start reading up on the Adjustment of Status forum and guide so you'll have a eye to what's next in this process.

Good luck!

Edited by LeftCoastLady

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

What does that mean?...."my I-129F was approved..."

I know what NO RFE Is..

but is NOA2 notification of 'approval'

without interview date

without medical and police?

I guess I am unclear even after reading the VJ site..

what the EXACT order is...

Thanks so much!

Surviving the wait...barely, :whistle:

Allison and Didi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Welcome! At this point of your journey, you'll likely be best served by getting to know those in the regional forum that covers Afghanistan. That way, you can get embassy-specific questions asked/answered by those who have done it.

Also, be sure to read the embassy reviews (top navigation bar) along with the Point of Entry reviews based on where your fiancée will enter the US.

Last, but not least, take the time to start reading up on the Adjustment of Status forum and guide so you'll have a eye to what's next in this process.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your helpful information. I will make sure I follow you guidance. I apprciate your respons. God Bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I know what NO RFE Is..

without interview date

Thanks so much!

Allison and Didi

It means that they've received NOA 2 with confirmation of their approval, and their case has been (or is being) forwarded to the appropriate Embassy.

Please see this flowchart to see what the order of things should be http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know what NO RFE Is..

without interview date

Thanks so much!

Allison and Didi

The I-129F petition and applying for the K-1 visa at the consulate abroad by the foreign fiance(e) are two different things. The USC fiance(e) has to first file the I-129F petition for a foreign fiance(e) with the USCIS. Approval of that petition grants the foreign fiance(e) permission to file for the K-1 visa through the US Department of State.

Receiving the NOA2 approval notice for the I-129F petition means the case will then be sent to the NVC and forwarded onto the appropriate consulate from there. Each consulate has different procedures and requirements, so it is best to read up in the regional forum where you will be applying for the K-1 visa to learn what you need for the medical, interview, etc. after the I-129F is approved.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.