Joanne and Roy

passport copies

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance and I are putting together our fiance visa application. We are wondering if it's necessary to send a copy of every page of my passport, including the blank pages, or just the relevant ones showing the stamps and the photo/personal info page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance and I are putting together our fiance visa application. We are wondering if it's necessary to send a copy of every page of my passport, including the blank pages, or just the relevant ones showing the stamps and the photo/personal info page.

First, just to get the terms straight and not to confuse, you are not putting together a visa application. You are sending in a petition asking to be granted approval for the foreign fiance(e) to apply for a K-1 visa at the consulate in their country. This might seems snippy and nit-picky, but the terms matter and tend to confuse people, for example, when it comes to what fees are to be paid, how much and to whom.

For the I-129F petition: If you are sending in a US birth certificate as proof of citizenship, then you only need a copy of the biographical page and the pages that contain the passport stamps. If you are using it in place of a birth certificate to prove citizenship, then you need to copy all the pages, front to back.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I also asked this question and the reply was "Yes" all pages, and when you look that's what they ask for. I have a old birth certificate that was a bit suspect when I used it to get my passport so I sent both and like you will often read here. "better to send a bit too much then too little" :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I also asked this question and the reply was "Yes" all pages, and when you look that's what they ask for. I have a old birth certificate that was a bit suspect when I used it to get my passport so I sent both and like you will often read here. "better to send a bit too much then too little" :-)

good.gifIf you are the USC, you can make copies of the entire passport (even blank pages, because they are numbered. if you (the USC) send ALL the passport copies, you won't need to send the birth certificate to prove citizenship.

If we are talking of the beneficiary's passport, then at this stage it won't matter and you can send copy of the stamps only (in the event you need to send this to establish that you both were at the same time and space at a certain period of time).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, the I-129F instructions ask for a copy of all pages if you are using it to prove US citizenship in lieu of having a birth certificate. It does not state you must send all pages when showing your passport stamps to prove you have met in the previous 2 years. I sent in a copy of my US birth certificate and only the bio page and pages of my passport that had the stamps. No RFE or issues.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would advise to do all pages of your passport. Even though most pages well be blank, it is better to send too much evidence than it is to send too little... :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.