lifelove

In NVC stage,need to submit originals?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalamoalekum Dear all Members, need your urgent help.

In NVC stage,need to submit originals?specifically Original Police Certificate?

I am going to send the attested photocopies of Birth Certificate,Police Certificate and original English translation of nikah nama.Because at the time of interview we need to show them all the original ones. If original documents of Police certificate or birth certificate misplace in any stage of NVC. So it will take alot of time and effort to make it again.

Please update me asap.

Assalamoalekum Dear all Members, need your urgent help.

In NVC stage,need to submit originals?specifically Original Police Certificate?

I am going to send the attested photocopies of Birth Certificate,Police Certificate and original English translation of nikah nama.Because at the time of interview we need to show them all the original ones. If original documents of Police certificate or birth certificate misplace in any stage of NVC. So it will take alot of time and effort to make it again.

Please update me asap.

Salaam

NVC needs originals or certified copies from issuing authority.

Timeline

Salaam

NVC needs originals or certified copies from issuing authority.

Thanks for prompt reply.

Its a bit confusing.I want to send the attested copies from notary public.Not attested by the issuing authorities of individuals. Mean need to attest the copy of birth certificate from Nadra, need to attest the copy of Police Certificate from Police Department, need to attest the copy of Marriage certificate from Marriage Department.how its possible to attest the copy from individual departments.

Note: I submitted the notarised copies of all for NOA1 and i got approval of NOA2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Copies are OK for USCIS

NVC needs the originals, if you do not send them you can expect delays

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Yes I too agree with the other posters.... We sent all originals to NVC and kept all the notarized and attested copies for back ups just in case. NVC sends your packet to the embassy with all the originals for them before the interview. My husband also took all the attested and notarized copies with him to the interview to exchange for the originals if they wanted them but they didn't ask for them they just gave us back all the originals.

If you don't send originals they will RFE you for them taking more time. Do how its requested the first time saving you time later and you will get them back. And if you have the attested copies then keep them anyway for back ups.

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Yes I too agree with the other posters.... We sent all originals to NVC and kept all the notarized and attested copies for back ups just in case. NVC sends your packet to the embassy with all the originals for them before the interview. My husband also took all the attested and notarized copies with him to the interview to exchange for the originals if they wanted them but they didn't ask for them they just gave us back all the originals.

If you don't send originals they will RFE you for them taking more time. Do how its requested the first time saving you time later and you will get them back. And if you have the attested copies then keep them anyway for back ups.

Dear All members,i would really like to say thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one another question regarding interview in embassy(Pakistan Islamabad)of spousal visa case. Is there any amount to submit on the spot in embassy during or after interview like 250$ or 350$?

If any amount need to submit,so how much?in US dollars or Pak Rupees?

Timeline

Dear All members,i would really like to say thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one another question regarding interview in embassy(Pakistan Islamabad)of spousal visa case. Is there any amount to submit on the spot in embassy during or after interview like 250$ or 350$?

If any amount need to submit,so how much?in US dollars or Pak Rupees?

No.. you already paid for all the visa fees at NVC.. the only money you will need is the money for the shuttle to and from the embassy and your hotel fees if you need that. Nothing to pay at the embassy! Good luck!

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for prompt reply.

Its a bit confusing.I want to send the attested copies from notary public.Not attested by the issuing authorities of individuals. Mean need to attest the copy of birth certificate from Nadra, need to attest the copy of Police Certificate from Police Department, need to attest the copy of Marriage certificate from Marriage Department.how its possible to attest the copy from individual departments.

Note: I submitted the notarised copies of all for NOA1 and i got approval of NOA2.

I think you are very confused.

Original Stuff goes into NVC, during document submittal and intake of documents.

Originals, or certified copies. NOT this 'attested copies' stuff you write about, from a notary public. Not At All!

Please study - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

and refactor your plan.

FWIW, The Embassy does not ask for documents, when there is NVC intake. Perhaps you are grossly confused about the documents, when reading the instructions for DCF casefiles from the Islamabad IV website?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I think you are very confused.

Original Stuff goes into NVC, during document submittal and intake of documents.

Originals, or certified copies. NOT this 'attested copies' stuff you write about, from a notary public. Not At All!

Please study - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

and refactor your plan.

FWIW, The Embassy does not ask for documents, when there is NVC intake. Perhaps you are grossly confused about the documents, when reading the instructions for DCF casefiles from the Islamabad IV website?

Darnell... actually the foreign ministry office in Pakistan does attestations. So we took our originals to the foreign ministry office in pakistan... they made the copies and we have stamps on our copies that say it is attested to be a true copy of the original. However everything from here was either original or certified copies. And yes the embassy does accept those attested copies from the foreign ministry office.

But it's best to use all originals if possible...

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, the OP not mention 'that office', the foreign ministry, at all.

just a simply 'notary' , for the nonce. IMO, tis a bad thing, not sufficient for doc intake at NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ya, the OP not mention 'that office', the foreign ministry, at all.

just a simply 'notary' , for the nonce. IMO, tis a bad thing, not sufficient for doc intake at NVC.

Dear Darnell and EAbbas, thanks for prompt reply.

I will send Inshaallah original documents(Police Certificate,Birth Certificate,Marriage Certificate) to NVC. And keep the attested copies from Foriegn Ministry with me.

So technically, send in all originals of important documents such as our Engagement Certificate in translated in Laotian and English, Intent to Marriage, Criminal Record i.e. and not copies? I keep getting different answers every time. What's the correct way? haha sry for butting in.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

You MUST submit the original documents!

Read this..

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

USCIS

09/19/2011:Sent I-130 Packet

09/22/2011:NOA1 Priority Date

03/13/2012:NOA2 Approved

03/17/2012:NOA2 Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/26/2012:NVC Received

04/10/2012:NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

04/12/2012:Received e-mail with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

04/12/2012:Paid $88.00 AOS Fee

04/13/2012:DS-3032 Sent by e-mail

04/16/2012:I864 Sent

04/20/2012:DS-3032 Accepted

04/24/2012:IV Bill Invoiced & Paid $230.00/status *in process*

04/25/2012:IV Bill Appears as Paid

05/18/2012:IV Package Mailed

05/21/2012:IV Package Delivered @ 11:24 am

06/01/2012:Case Complete

06/25/2012:Interview Date Assigned

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.