jaffar

Refused entry 2 times German Passport

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife was refused twice from US. First time they put this stamp:

REFUSED

Per 8 CFR 217.4(b)

charges: 212a7AI

I am not sure if it has something to do with my daughter as she was born in US, and she was with her at that time.

The second time when she was refused they wrote in her passport like this:

Refused

8 CFR 217.4(a)(1)

and made her sign a writen statement in which stated that she lied, that she was never been refused entry into the US.

Could someone plz help me to this matter I will realy appreciate your help ..... thanks in advance.

Edited by Kathryn41
personal contact information removed for privacy reasons -use PM function instead

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was she tryin to apply for a tourist visa when this happened? or what she trying to enter the country already had the tourist visas? Need some more details behind what happened.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

It looks like she was refused the first time for not having sufficient documents to enter the US. The second time, she lied about the first time. Looks like she will never be allowed to enter the US without a waiver.

http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude8.html

This matter requires an Attorney!!

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

Was she tryin to apply for a tourist visa when this happened? or what she trying to enter the country already had the tourist visas? Need some more details behind what happened.

Well she has a German passport she don't need a visa to travel to US under Visa Waiver. She came to US first time in 2002 at that time she was pregnant ..... because of some complication she couldn't go back to Germany as her doctor advise her not to travel. so she had overstayed her visa of 3 months. Now after 1 year of my daughter's birth my wife and my daughter went to Germany for a while. So when they came back then she was refused for the first time. Please keep me posted and thanks for such a quick response.

It looks like she was refused the first time for not having sufficient documents to enter the US. The second time, she lied about the first time. Looks like she will never be allowed to enter the US without a waiver.

http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude8.html

dose she has a bar or any other restrictions ? if there is then what should be the measures ...? thanks how can she get the waiver.

The first refusal was because she overstayed her tourist visa. She stayed in the US too long for a tourist visa but did not have proper documentation for a an immigrant visa.

The second refusal it looks like it was either because she lied about what happened the first time or she lied while getting the first visa.

Basically because she overstayed her visa they're saying she misrepresented her intentions of coming to the US as a tourist. Since she signed that paper they have the proof they need - she shouldn't have done that.

You can file a waiver for the inadmissibility but you should really get a lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well she has a German passport she don't need a visa to travel to US under Visa Waiver. She came to US first time in 2002 at that time she was pregnant ..... because of some complication she couldn't go back to Germany as her doctor advise her not to travel. so she had overstayed her visa of 3 months. Now after 1 year of my daughter's birth my wife and my daughter went to Germany for a while. So when they came back then she was refused for the first time. Please keep me posted and thanks for such a quick response.

This could be the problem???

event.png

event.png

The first refusal was because she overstayed her tourist visa. She stayed in the US too long for a tourist visa but did not have proper documentation for a an immigrant visa.

The second refusal it looks like it was either because she lied about what happened the first time or she lied while getting the first visa.

Basically because she overstayed her visa they're saying she misrepresented her intentions of coming to the US as a tourist. Since she signed that paper they have the proof they need - she shouldn't have done that.

You can file a waiver for the inadmissibility but you should really get a lawyer.

Thanks for your loyal advise and i really appreciated ur quick response ... do u have any idea if she has any sort of bar on her?

The first refusal was because she overstayed her tourist visa. She stayed in the US too long for a tourist visa but did not have proper documentation for a an immigrant visa.The second refusal it looks like it was either because she lied about what happened the first time or she lied while getting the first visa.Basically because she overstayed her visa they're saying she misrepresented her intentions of coming to the US as a tourist. Since she signed that paper they have the proof they need - she shouldn't have done that. You can file a waiver for the inadmissibility but you should really get a lawyer.

I concur. But since she's German, she doesn't need a visa to travel to the US as a tourist. She likely travelled on the VWP. All you have to do is show up at the airport with a valid ESTA (or I-94W back in the day) which you fill out prior to travel (or on the plane for I-94W). If she came on ESTA, the condition is that she checked "no" for previous overstay. If she checked "yes" on ESTA, it wouldn't have been approved, and she would have had to apply for a B-2. If she checked "no" on ESTA for previous overstay, went to the US and the CBP pulled up her previous overstay on their computer.. That equals misrepresentation.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Confused here, do you live in the US? You say when your daughter was one year old she returned to Germany for a while so was she in the US for a period of time other than the three months overstay you mentioned? Just trying to clarify the entire situation.

She needs an attorney as they have charged her with misrepresentation which can carry a life time ban from entering the US.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

My wife was refused twice from US. First time they put this stamp:

REFUSED

Per 8 CFR 217.4(b)

charges: 212a7AI

I am not sure if it has something to do with my daughter as she was born in US, and she was with her at that time.

The second time when she was refused they wrote in her passport like this:

Refused

8 CFR 217.4(a)(1)

and made her sign a writen statement in which stated that she lied, that she was never been refused entry into the US.

Could someone plz help me to this matter I will realy appreciate your help ..... thanks in advance.

The first charge 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) is just basically "immigrant with non-immigrant visa". They didn't believe her that she will return to Germany after 3-months VWP stay.

Already at this point you should have applied for CR1 immigrant visa for your wife. Trying to enter again on VWP had no chance of success... you know, these CBP guys have computers there at the border.

The second one is actually the same... I cannot find anything about material misinterpretation which is INA 212(a)(6)©(i).

8 CFR 217.4(a)(1) is just inadmissability clause: "An alien who applies for admission under the provisions of section 217 of the Act, who is determined by an immigration officer not to be eligible for admission under that section or to be inadmissible to the United States under one or more of the grounds of inadmissibility listed in section 212 of the Act (other than for lack of a visa), or who is in possession of and presents fraudulent or counterfeit travel documents, will be refused admission into the United States and removed. Such refusal and removal shall be made at the level of the port director or officer-in-charge, or an officer acting in that capacity, and shall be effected without referral of the alien to an immigration judge for further inquiry, examination, or hearing, except that an alien who presents himself or herself as an applicant for admission under section 217 of the Act, who applies for asylum in the United States must be issued a Form I–863, Notice of Referral to Immigration Judge, for a proceeding in accordance with §208.2(b)(1) and (2) of this chapter."

One way or another, your wife will be never able to enter US on any non-immigrant visa (or waiver thereof) again.

You should petition for her to get CR-1 spousal visa. If CR-1 is denied, only then will she need to file for a I-601 waiver.

Edited by Kathryn41
: personal contact information removed from quote for privacy reasons -use PM function instead

From 2002 she's been coming and going on VWP? Have you ever heard of I-130 petition that YOU need to file for your spouse to get her into the US? I hope you're a USC as you're looking into hardship waiver...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Get a very good immigration attorney, DIY cannot solve this.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.