meltow30

Passport Stamps

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I was planning on using a birth certificate to prove citizenship but I also want to include my passport stamps to prove we have met in the last 2 years.

Should I just include my bio page + the stamps or just photo copy the whole thing to be safe?

Also, how did you indicate the stamp, just draw and arrow and write, entry into blah blah...?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I was planning on using a birth certificate to prove citizenship but I also want to include my passport stamps to prove we have met in the last 2 years.

Should I just include my bio page + the stamps or just photo copy the whole thing to be safe?

Also, how did you indicate the stamp, just draw and arrow and write, entry into blah blah...?

I included a copy of my certified birth certificate and a copy all of the pages of my passport (as stated in the I-129F instructions) in my original I-129F petition. I would seriously doubt that you need to mark, tamper, or do anything to the passport stamps. As a matter of fact, it may be prudent to let the evidence stand as it is. After all, this is the same government department (DHS) that checks your passport upon reentry into the US (different branches, but same department) and they have likely seen a few passports in their day.... :unsure:

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I included a copy of my certified birth certificate and a copy all of the pages of my passport (as stated in the I-129F instructions) in my original I-129F petition. I would seriously doubt that you need to mark, tamper, or do anything to the passport stamps. As a matter of fact, it may be prudent to let the evidence stand as it is. After all, this is the same government department (DHS) that checks your passport upon reentry into the US (different branches, but same department) and they have likely seen a few passports in their day.... :unsure:

Good luck on your visa journey.

okay do you think my fiance should do this too because he is showing his stamp from when we went on holiday together, his is a South African passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

okay do you think my fiance should do this too because he is showing his stamp from when we went on holiday together, his is a South African passport.

Yes, it's always best to copy the entire passport (front to back) because the the pages are numbered.. so if he can do it too, awesome!

Timeline

If the two of you went on holiday in his country: You could include, but not necessary.

If the two of you went on holiday in another country: You should include. The two passports stamps would show that you were at least in the same country at the same time. Then you will also have to include "couple" photos, receipts, hotel bills, etc..... Try to think of it as painting a picture, if elements are missing, the picture is incomplete, and you get an RFE.

Good luck.

Edited by A&B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If the two of you went on holiday in his country: You could include, but not necessary.

If the two of you went on holiday in another country: You should include. The two passports stamps would show that you were at least in the same country at the same time. Then you will also have to include "couple" photos, receipts, hotel bills, etc..... Try to think of it as painting a picture, if elements are missing, the picture is incomplete, and you get an RFE.

Good luck.

good.gif So didactic.

Timeline

good.gif So didactic.

Hey thanks......sometimes I try...... B-)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you're sending your birth certificate to verify you are a USC, you don't need to send a copy of all pages from your passport, just the info page and the stamps. This is what we did and we had no problems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are using your birth certificate to prove citizenship, then you can just send the copies of your bio page and stamps. Copying the entire passport is only if you will be using it to prove citizenship when not sending in a copy of your birth certificate. Those instructions only apply for proving citizenship and not for simply showing your passport stamps to prove you have met within the last 2 years.

I used my birth certificate to prove citizenship, and I sent in only a copy of the bio page and the pages that had passport stamps for proving face to face meetings. Approved just fine like that.

Oh, and you do not need to write or draw anything on the copies of the stamps. Just send in the copies as they are. Make sure the copies are dark and clear enough so they can clearly see what they are and the dates.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.