KIPLZ

Military expedite

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know if military service members can get K-1 cases expedited? Any info is appreciated?

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this expedite criteria link.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at this expedite criteria link.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I fall under one of the expedite criteria.

call the military hot line.8 to 4;30 monday to fri 1-877-247-4645 try that,

First thing in the morning. Thanks.=)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes , as far as I am aware military personnel do get expedited petitions. :blush:

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to Military forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes , as far as I am aware military personnel do get expedited petitions. :blush:

I am in the Army, the Vermont Service Center would not expedite my case (Wife and Stepson) without deployment orders. I had a Letter from my Company Commander and Brigade Commander stating that we were a short-notice deployable Unit (82nd Airborne) and that I could be deployed with little to no warning. Well, I received a 2 week notice for a deployment to Afghanistan. Called USCIS and was told they would expedite when they received a copy of my orders. I received the orders 2 days before I departed. Now it is being expedited, but I’m overseas.

I spoke to the Immigration Liaison on base and he said they don’t expedite without orders anymore because there were too many "I am going to deploy" sob stories that never materialized.

Your mileage may vary.

Does anyone know if military service members can get K-1 cases expedited? Any info is appreciated?

Yes you can get a K1 expedited if you meet the Criteria, most get approved fast by deployment orders

Our Time Line

---------------------------

IR-1/IR-2

--------------

USCIS Stage: (13 days) Military Expedite

NVC Stage: (56 days) Normal Processing

Medical / Consulate / POE:(14 days)

08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam (She Passed)

09/05/2012-------- Wife's Interview: Approved

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!

10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that this thread has a lot of views so I'm going to let everyone know what I did and what happened. I called the USCIS military help line at 1-877-247-4645 and asked if I could get my I-129F case expedited. The person on the phone then read to me a list of military expedite criteria and asked if I met any of them. I said that I'm going to deploy soon then was told to expect an email within 24-48 hours. The email I got basically told me to show proof of my upcoming deployment so I scanned my orders and replied to the email containing the attachment. About two days after emailing my deployment orders, I checked the status of my case on the USCIS website and saw that it was approved. I'm not sure if that helped any but at least you know what to expect.

I called the military helpline from Kuwait when I was deployed and they didn't ask for any proof at that time. The NVC wanted the proof to expedite our case (this was for a CR-1 not K-1 though). I think the reason the USCIS didn't ask for proof was because they could tell that I was calling from a DSN line. Most of the expedites that are approved are military related though.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I spoke to the Immigration Liaison on base and he said they don’t expedite without orders anymore because there were too many "I am going to deploy" sob stories that never materialized.

My case was in August 2010 so this may have changed. But my husband's CO wrote him aletter explaining that me not getting to the states sooner, would inhibit the unit's readiness to deploy because my husband needs to make sure I get settled in (diver's license, put me on the utilities/lease, power of attorney, etc). They expedited without orders.

He did deploy one month after I moved here though. So it was justified.

He didn't get his orders until the day he deployed and if they hadn't expedited it without orders, I don't know what would have happened. I was already done with NVC so they just expedited it at the consulate and gave me a really early interview appt. The consulate is not high volume so I probably wouldn't have had to wait very long as is. My Visa would have been expired by the time he came back or I would have had to immigrate with him overseas. Not ideal.

It's sad that they had to change this because in my eyes, an expedite for spouses who are married to soldiers of units who deploy on short notice is well deserved.

Edited by msd

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.