SweetieOne

RE: How is this happening

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

One word, Business.

Do they really think about you and your spouse? I don't think so.

In the same way business visas have priority over family based ones, DCF has priority over non-DCF. Why? because USC is living abroad and government is not able to deduct any taxes from their income so it is government's loss. They approve the petition faster to bring the USC back along with the spouse which would bring back the tax payer and the money sooner than otherwise. Why would they care otherwise if you were living with your spouse or are separated. Not their headache. Makes sense?

Well no they obviously don't think about us being with our spouses, that is why I made the comment....

Also, that isn't true about the taxes. USC living abroad still have to pay US taxes even on money made in a different country if I'm not mistaken. (I read that someone on VJ when people were filing taxes and asking about it...)

Either way. I was just explaining my frustration that it doesn't seem right or fair for those of us in pain and away from our loved ones to have to sit here waiting for 7-10 months, alone, thousands of miles apart... while the ones sitting next to their loved ones are approved in 6 days.

Thats all.

Its just not fair.

Met Through Mutual Friends: Early March 2009

Began dating: June 24th, 2010

Met in Manchester, England: October 20, 2010 to Oct 25, 2010

"Officially" became a couple: November 25, 2010

New Years together in England: Dec 26, 2010 to Jan 2, 2011

Visit to meet my family: February 19, 2011 to February 26, 2011

Visit to spend Easter/Spring Break together: April 16, 2011 to April 30, 2011

Spent the summer together in New York: June 23, 2011 to August 1, 2011

Came to visit just after my birthday: October 13, 2011 to October 23, 2011

Officially Announced Our Engagement: November 30, 2011

Trip to NY for New Years: December 27, 2011 to January 9, 2012

Wedding Day: January 4th, 2012

Trip to England & Italy for Valentine's Day: February 10, 2012 to February 20, 2012

Visit to NY for our 2 year dating anniversary: June 20th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012

Timeline

USCIS

01/08/2012: I-130 Sent from NY

01/11/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

01/12/2012: NOA1 E-mail & Text

XX/XX/2012: NOA2 E-mail & Text(STILL waitinggg... Ahhh!)

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number/IIN

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 sent

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 accepted

XX/XX/2012: AOS Bill PAID

XX/XX/2012: AOS Package sent

XX/XX/2012: IV Bill PAID

XX/XX/2012: IV Package sent

XX/XX/2012: Case complete at NVC

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled (Interview Date: XX/XX/2012)

US Embassy London

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa

XX/XX/2012: POE Boston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

I guess what doesn't make any sense to me is.....

Why do the people who are already with their loved ones get priority over the ones who cannot be together until the process is complete?

This doesn't seem right or fair in my opinion. I'd be happy to wait 5-6 months for NOA2 if I was able to be with my husband every day in England until we were done.

It seems to me that they have things backwards.... the people who are married and in love and then have to wait months and months to see eachother should be the ones that are "fast tracked" not the ones who are already able to spend their time together.

It's hard adjusting to "married life" especially when even 4 months later I'm still being told "congrats" and "where is your husband?" "when is he coming here? "do you miss him?" "when will you see him again?"

It's heart breaking to have people asking me these things all the time.... Of course I MISS HIM! And it kills me to have to explain over and over that we have NO IDEA... not even a decent estimate of when he will be here or when we will next see eachother, etc.

Why don't the people going through that pain every day get "priority"???

Maybe just my opinion....

Also, we have already been married for 2 1/2 years. Maybe that has something to do with it? No idea. I hope that your petitions/applications are processed soon. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Edited by Stacia

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Why do the people who are already with their loved ones get priority over the ones who cannot be together until the process is complete?

This doesn't seem right or fair in my opinion. I'd be happy to wait 5-6 months for NOA2 if I was able to be with my husband every day in England until we were done.

It seems to me that they have things backwards.... the people who are married and in love and then have to wait months and months to see eachother should be the ones that are "fast tracked" not the ones who are already able to spend their time together.

It's hard adjusting to "married life" especially when even 4 months later I'm still being told "congrats" and "where is your husband?" "when is he coming here? "do you miss him?" "when will you see him again?"

It's heart breaking to have people asking me these things all the time.... Of course I MISS HIM! And it kills me to have to explain over and over that we have NO IDEA... not even a decent estimate of when he will be here or when we will next see eachother, etc.

Besides what Musashii said, also, people living abroad who suddenly file for their spouses, it means they need to return to the US quickly. You don't make a life abroad and then decide, hey I'm bored let's go back to the States. In my case I had to run and file because I have a medical condition that I can get better treatment for in the US.

Besides what Musashii said, also, people living abroad who suddenly file for their spouses, it means they need to return to the US quickly. You don't make a life abroad and then decide, hey I'm bored let's go back to the States. In my case I had to run and file because I have a medical condition that I can get better treatment for in the US.

Sorry if you took offense to what I wrote.. I understand that sometimes there are very good reasons to expedite a case and for medical reasons especially, I completely understand that...

it is cases like this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/369418-yay/

That frustrate me... meeting and getting married in 3 months... getting NOA2 in 10 days... this person obviously knew they planned long term to live in the US. they didn't make a life abroad and suddenly have to return to the US.. they were abroad and filed.

Again, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying... I feel like the goverment and USCIS should "have a heart" and get separated couples together in a more timely fashion :(

Not that I wish long waits or ill-will on anyone filing, but it seems to me that this waiting game would be A LOT easier if I was already with my husband :(

Trip to England & Italy for Valentine's Day: February 10, 2012 to February 20, 2012

Visit to NY for our 2 year dating anniversary: June 20th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012

Timeline

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy London

I think the policy is extremely fair. Think about it this way: You are married, but you have not established a home life together. A couple living together abroad already has an established home life and to make them wait a year to be reunited, especially if they have kids together, is cruel. I know it is hard to wait now, and obviously everyone would want quicker processing times across the board. But realize, once you are done with this, you will never have to do it again! If you move abroad, you can move back quickly. How upset would you be for having to do this again if you decided to move to your husband's country? You'd be saying you were being punished for leaving the country.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

not really my case was not expedite, I got approved in 27 days. sometimes can be that or luck

Did you live in Turkey at the time?

If so, it was auto-expedited.

I think the policy is extremely fair. Think about it this way: You are married, but you have not established a home life together. A couple living together abroad already has an established home life and to make them wait a year to be reunited, especially if they have kids together, is cruel. I know it is hard to wait now, and obviously everyone would want quicker processing times across the board. But realize, once you are done with this, you will never have to do it again! If you move abroad, you can move back quickly. How upset would you be for having to do this again if you decided to move to your husband's country? You'd be saying you were being punished for leaving the country.

Excellent point.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry if you took offense to what I wrote.. I understand that sometimes there are very good reasons to expedite a case and for medical reasons especially, I completely understand that...

it is cases like this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/369418-yay/

That frustrate me... meeting and getting married in 3 months... getting NOA2 in 10 days... this person obviously knew they planned long term to live in the US. they didn't make a life abroad and suddenly have to return to the US.. they were abroad and filed.

Again, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying... I feel like the goverment and USCIS should "have a heart" and get separated couples together in a more timely fashion :(

Not that I wish long waits or ill-will on anyone filing, but it seems to me that this waiting game would be A LOT easier if I was already with my husband :(

Not offended at all, just trying to maybe think of another reason why cases abroad take less time.

Again, I was not trying to offend anyone and I was not really talking about people who move and make a life together and for some reason have to move back.... I am still mostly talking about cases such as this one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/369418-yay/

Cases where people who just met are able to get NOA2 in 10 days...

We have 3+ years of history, and we've been married 4 months and have gotten to spend about 10 days together since we got married. It just kinda stinks to have to be apart for 7-10 months while things are being processed when there are other people who just met and have been married barely 2 weeks longer than us are spending this time together instead of being separted for months at a time.

AGAIN.. I'm not wishing ill-will or long wait times on ANYONE. I am just simply expressing my frustration with the long wait time for those of us who are waiting alone.

Sorry again if I offended anyone, that's not at all what I was trying to do.

Timeline

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy London

Not offended at all, just trying to maybe think of another reason why cases abroad take less time.

Yea I hear ya, and in some cases I do agree that it makes more sense for those who have been married a while and have a life together elsewhere... or for medical reasons... or other expedite criteria.

I just think people in the same position as me (newly married and wanting to finally be able to see each other again and start a life together and be with their loved one) shouldn't be given special treatment necessarily... they are lucky to be with their spouse while waiting. Those who are separated shouldn't be punished for not being able to (for whatever reason) move abroad for a month or two to file the i-130 :/

Timeline

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy London

I hope you receive your NOA2 soon!

We just happy to received Noa2 in 5days after NOA1. Been married for more than 10yrs, have kids, living abroad but have to move back to US.

USCIS

08 May 2012 : I-130 Sent

14 May 2012 : NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center (email)

16 May 2012 : Touched

19 May 2012 : NOA2 (email)

23 May 2012 : NOA1 (hardcopy)

30 May 2012 : NOA2 (hardcopy)

5 DAYS FROM NOA1

NVC

12 June 2012 : NVC received our case

22 June 2012 : NVC Assigned Case Number

22 July 2012 : Paid DS-230 & AOS

01 Sept 2012 : Sent DS-230 (Approved)

04 Nov 2012 : Sent AOS

29 Nov 2012 : RFE AOS (new signature needed in Blue Ink)

29 Nov 2012: Fedex new AOS with blue ink signature

20 Dec 2012 : NVC Case completed, waiting for interview to be schedule

23 Jan 2013: Embassy received our package

30 Jan 2013: Interview (need Spore COC)

31 Jan 2013: Fly to Spore to apply COC

15 Feb 2013: Submitted (hand carry) COC to embassy - visa approved! Yayyy

I think you are being extremely short-sighted. It is hard to be apart. But making a long-term established family leave one another is not the answer (which in most cases is true of couples living abroad together). There are plenty of people in this world luckier than you, and less lucky. Getting mad that a couple that has only been married a few months who got a fast NOA2 is not going to fix anything. USCIS should not force that couple to be apart because they are "less good" than you.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I think you are being extremely short-sighted. It is hard to be apart. But making a long-term established family leave one another is not the answer (which in most cases is true of couples living abroad together). There are plenty of people in this world luckier than you, and less lucky. Getting mad that a couple that has only been married a few months who got a fast NOA2 is not going to fix anything. USCIS should not force that couple to be apart because they are "less good" than you.

You clearly are not reading my posts.. I have not ever said that I think families should be broken up.

I said people that are in the same position as me should have the same treatment... those who are married for a long time, have kids, live abroad and have a life together should NOT be split up or wait forever... I never said they should..

But those people who take a "trip" to "live" with their spouse for a month so that they can get faster approval kinda sucks.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone, and maybe that is just my own opinion. But if I "moved" abroad for a month and filed i130 and then got approval in a matter of days only to come back once it's fast-tracked, that doesn't seem fair yet it's something people do.

THOSE are the cases that *I* personally, don't think should get special treatment. I don't know for sure that the post I linked earlier did exactly that, but it is something that has been done and discussed on ehre in the past.

You seem to be reading my posts wrong (or I am not explaining it the way I'm trying to...) but I have never meant that any long established family with a life together should have to be split up... I merely said that the 5-6 month wait for NOA2 for those of us who live apart would be MUCH easier to deal with if we had our spouses by our side, the ones in the same position as me, newly married with no kids or life established together yet, shouldn't get expedited and special treatment just because they "happen" to be in the same country when they filed for i130 :/

I will say once again, I am not trying to offended anyone, just stating my opinon, sorry if my last post was confusing.. I don't want anyones family to be split up.

Timeline

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy London

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I feel your pain 10times more for real. I also feel so so so sad :(:crying: when am asked about when my spouse will be with me and if i am pregnant now or recently delivered of a baby :no::( . I actually have avoided speaking to anyone, i only speak with my husband everyday.

I will be married now 1yr in June and its truly heart breaking. People keep asking mii, some call just to find out if he is here yet and most times i don't pick up calls, so you can imagine how lonely and so so so sad i feel everyday since forever.

:(

I can't travel to see him, bcos we need the money for the fees and other important stuff. But very very soon I hope he will be here with mii. :ot2: sorry i had to cry mii a river on your page as well, lol. I hope for a better news soon b4 all this drives mii crazy.

Edited by Almost done

You cannot take a trip (be on a visitor visa) or travel for merely a month and get faster approval. You have to have a semi-permanent status in the country and have been there for at least 6 months to qualify.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.