Aimee K

Thinking of early walk-in for biometrics?

246 posts in this topic

Add your info alphabetically

City - Reason - Successful

Take out the top and bottom "quote" tags so your edit is not in a box.

ALABAMA

Birmingham, AL - The guard told us it was not our date. I told him that I had to work that date, but was off today. He give us a hard time, but finally agreed to let us through. Funny because there was only one other customer there. Successfu

CALIFORNIA

Buena Park CA - No reason, just gave security guard my appt letter. YES

Chula Vista, 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. Successful.

El Monte- 13 days early. Work conflict. Sup wasn't nice about it, but biometrics got done!

Gardena- 5/24/12

Los Angeles - (USCIS Fairfax on W. Pico). Successful with no questions asked.

Los Angeles (downtown) July 2012. NO

Pomona- long wait. Successful

Santa Ana -Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.

San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)

San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

COLORADO

Aurora, CO - Went 10 days early. Reason: I was in the area and had lots of meetings on appointment day. Successful. I arrived at 8 am and saw that lots of people were waiting. Left, did some chores, and came back at 9:15. Finished biometrics in 10 minutes.

Denver, Co- went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA

Jacksonville- May 2013- Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, successful in 25 minutes.

Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.

Oakland Park - Feb 2013 - Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, succsessful in 10 minutes.

GEORGIA

Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.

Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.

Atlanta - Appointment for 04/26/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 04/17/13 successfully. Reason was husband is working on appointment day. No question of reason though.

INDIANA

Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA

Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful

Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA

Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

MARYLAND

Baltimore - April/2013, told guard I will have oral surgery couple days before appointment & will be very swollen/bruised, she asked for supporting documents which I provided. Denied walk in. Was told I could come the day of if I was feeling well enough or after appointment date but not before.

Wheaton - told Security guard I was not going to be in State on the day. Yes

Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

Minneapolis-May 2012- NO because one of the computers was down

St Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful

MISSOURI

St. Louis - No problems, no questions asked, Successful

MONTANA

Helena- family had appts on different days. Did all the same day. Friendly office.

NEBRASKA

Omaha - 3/22/2012- appointment was for Apr 5. No questions. Successful

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Manchester, NH - Did routine security check and showed I-797 to guy at the window who said the decision would be the department's whether to take early appointment or not. Lady gave me lecture on how to change appt, if not able to make it and said they need to stop early walk-ins as they schedule staff based on # of persons per appt, Asked why I wanted it done, told the truth...it was anxiety....

NEW JERSEY

Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

NEW YORK

Holtsville, NY (Long Island) 5/22/12 No reason asked. YES

Manhattan, NY, 01/15/2013, Couldn't get to Philadelphia, Walk in Successful

OHIO

Cleveland- no questions. Successful.

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia - Drummond Road -Successful. No questions asked. YES

Pittsburgh - did this twice and no questions asked! YES

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

Austin - We were in the area that day (we live an hour away) - Yes

Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you

Fort Worth (Landmark Lake) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.

Houston (Hwy 290 office) -Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

Houston SW (Sugarland) No questions. YES

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 months later...

ALABAMA
Birmingham, AL - The guard told us it was not our date. I told him that I had to work that date, but was off today. He give us a hard time, but finally agreed to let us through. Funny because there was only one other customer there. Successfu

CALIFORNIA
Chula Vista, 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. Successful.
El Monte- 13 days early. Work conflict. Sup wasn't nice about it, but biometrics got done!
Gardena- 5/24/12
Santa Ana -Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.
San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)
San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

COLORADO
Aurora, CO - Went 10 days early. Reason: I was in the area and had lots of meetings on appointment day. Successful. I arrived at 8 am and saw that lots of people were waiting. Left, did some chores, and came back at 9:15. Finished biometrics in 10 minutes.
Denver, Co- went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA
Jacksonville- May 2013- Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, successful in 25 minutes.
Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.
Oakland Park - Feb 2013 - Gave no reason, 2 weeks before appointment, succsessful in 10 minutes.

GEORGIA
Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.
Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.
Atlanta - Appointment for 04/26/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 04/17/13 successfully. Reason was husband is working on appointment day. No question of reason though.

ILLINOIS

Naperville (abut 30 miles west of Chicago) - My appt was 8/13. Went on 8/30 at 2pm but was unsuccessful - only one technician on duty. I asked if there was any point in trying again and was told 'I can't tell you not to try again but to try earlier in the day'. I went on 8/1 at 11am and was seen after the 11am appts. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. I was told that I shouldn't really be doing this and not to do it again but at least they saw me. I didn't give any reason for wanting an earlier appt. I just said that I had been waiting so long during the whole K1 process, I would like to get a head start on AOS!

INDIANA
Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA
Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful
Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA
Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

MARYLAND
Baltimore - April/2013, told guard I will have oral surgery couple days before appointment & will be very swollen/bruised, she asked for supporting documents which I provided. Denied walk in. Was told I could come the day of if I was feeling well enough or after appointment date but not before.
Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

MINNESOTA
Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA
Helena- family had appts on different days. Did all the same day. Friendly office.

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Manchester, NH - Did routine security check and showed I-797 to guy at the window who said the decision would be the department's whether to take early appointment or not. Lady gave me lecture on how to change appt, if not able to make it and said they need to stop early walk-ins as they schedule staff based on # of persons per appt, Asked why I wanted it done, told the truth...it was anxiety....

NEW JERSEY
Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE
Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS
Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you
Fort Worth (Landmark Lake) - Successful, but they were not happy about doing it early.
Houston (Hwy 290 office) -Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

VIRGINIA
Alexandria - Yes

Seeing the list, surprised there is no Chicago in there :/

Just added my Naperville, IL experience.

I can't update the list as I'm on my phone, but if someone else is able to please:

Baltimore, Maryland

Aug 2013

My appointment was for 12:30 on a Friday. I turned up 2 hours early and was let in without question. It was quite a busy place and at least 20 people were ahead of me. They operate a number system. Took me about 1.5 hours in total.

Filed: Timeline

Wish I found this earlier. Early walk-in is generally allowed. Don't bother sending a request to reschedule form if you can do an early walk-in. It messed up mine!

2013-08-13 - Sent AOS package (I-485/I-765/I-131 for K1; I-485/I-131 for K2)

2013-08-21 - E-notification text & email with case numbers. Receipt date for I-485 was 2013-08-15. Receipt date for I-765 and I-131 was 2013-08-20.

2013-08-24 - Received hard copy NOA1 for K1's I-485, I-765, and I-131. No NOA1 received for K2's I-485 and I-131.

2013-08-30 - Received biometrics appointment letters for 2013-09-13. Sent Request for Rescheduling form to re-reschedule biometrics.

2013-09-04 - Biometrics processing stamp (early walk-in / Infopass)

2013-09-10 - Received a second set of biometrics appointment letters so I sent back copies of our biometrics processing stamps to three offices: Alexandria BPU, NBC, and Vermont Service Center.

2013-09-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 ready for interview scheduling)

2013-09-26 - Received a third biometrics appointment letter (to K1 only). Ignored.

2013-10-10 - E-notification: Interview appointment notice for 11/13/13

2013-10-14 - Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-18 - E-notification: "name change relating to I-765"; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K1)

2013-10-22 - Received AOS interview cancellation notice by mail

2013-10-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 interview cancelled) ; E-notification: I-765 approved; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K2)

2013-11-13 - I-485 Interview for K1&K2. Approved

2015-03-30 - Divorced

Adding my experience in Atlanta today.

ALABAMA

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

Atlanta - Appointment for 10/18/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 10/01/13 as we are on vacation on appointment day. No problems, the place was deserted. Successful - in and out in 10 minutes.

ILLINOIS

Naperville (abut 30 miles west of Chicago) - My appt was 8/13. Went on 8/30 at 2pm but was unsuccessful - only one technician on duty. I asked if there was any point in trying again and was told 'I can't tell you not to try again but to try earlier in the day'. I went on 8/1 at 11am and was seen after the 11am appts. I was in and out in about 25 minutes. I was told that I shouldn't really be doing this and not to do it again but at least they saw me. I didn't give any reason for wanting an earlier appt. I just said that I had been waiting so long during the whole K1 process, I would like to get a head start on AOS!

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

ALABAMA

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

Santa Rosa -Walked in right after lunch. very few people. They were not happy and pointed out the scheduled date many times, but didn't send us away. I'm glad we were in the area and busy on our actual day.

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

Atlanta - Appointment for 10/18/13. Did a walk-in at 3PM 10/01/13 as we are on vacation on appointment day. No problems, the place was deserted. Successful - in and out in 10 minutes.

ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

Edited by TeamM&M

LPR Lifting Conditions

California Servis Center, Laguna Nigel, CA
2015-10-26 (Day 00): I-751 Filed via USPS
2015-10-28 (Day 02): NOA1 Date
2015-11-09 (Day 14): Biometrics Notification Received
2015-11-17 (Day 22): Biometrics Complete

2016-05-03 (Day 190): Approved, Card in Production

2016-xx-xx (Day xx): Green Card Received

Adjustment of Status from K-1
CIS Office San Francisco, CA
2013-09-25 (Day 00): AOS, EAD, AP Filed via FedEx
2013-09-26 (Day 01): SSN Applied; AOS, EAD, AP Delivered Chicago
2013-09-30 (Day 05): NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP (text-email)
2013-10-02 (Day 07): SSN Card Arrived in Mail
2013-10-04 (Day 09): NOA1 (hard copy)
2013-10-07 (Day 12): Bio. Appt. Letter Received (Appt. Date 10-23)
2013-10-08 (Day 13): Walk-In Biometrics Successful
2013-11-19 (Day 55): I-485 status change to "Testing and Interview" (email notification, no texts)
2013-11-22 (Day 58): I-765 status change to "Card/ Document Production" (email notification + texts)
2013-11-27 (Day 63): EAD Card Shipped, tracking number avail only via website, ( 2x email + texts)
2013-12-02 (Day 68): EAD Combo Card Received
2013-12-10 (Day 76): "Interview Scheduled" (21 days in since Testing and Interview)
2014-01-14 (Day 101): Interview Date/Approval Date
2014-01-21 (Day 108): Greencard Received
K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
Consulate Tokyo, Japan
2013-02-15: I-129F Sent
2013-02-21: I-129F NOA1
2013-06-03: I-129F NOA2
2013-06-14: NVC Received
2013-06-18: NVC Left
2013-06-20: Consulate Received
2013-06-27: Packet 3 Received
2013-06-28: Packet 3 Sent
2013-07-02: Packet 4 Received
2013-08-05: Interview Date : Approved
2013-08-08: Visa Received
2013-08-14: US Entry
Processing Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 102 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 165 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

ALABAMA

CALIFORNIA
Gardena- 5/24/12
Santa Rosa -Walked in right after lunch. very few people. They were not happy and pointed out the scheduled date many times, but didn't send us away. I'm glad we were in the area and busy on our actual day.

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA
Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

York - Successful. Place was basically empty and took less than 10 mins. They realized i was a walk-in after the process was done and just told me there isnt any problem with it, just to let them know when you get there. Pretty awesome people.

TENNESSEE
Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA
Alexandria - Yes

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It has been over a month since I received my NOA1 and still has no biometrics schedule. Is it possible to do a walk-in even without an appointment letter?

K1 Visa: I-129F sent: 12/12/2012; NOA1: 12/19/2013; NOA2: 4/15/2013; Interview: 6/19/2013, Approved; US entry: 7/23/2013; Wedding: 8/12/2013

EAD: I-765 sent: 9/6/2013; NOA1: 9/10/2013

AOS: I-485 sent: 9/6/2013; NOA1: 9/12/2013

• 2 months later...

ALABAMA

CALIFORNIA
Gardena- 5/24/12

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

Wheaton - Dec 27, 2013 - Told guard we had an 01/07/14 appointment in Baltimore but had a dr. appointment the same day. He passed us on through. The gentleman who we talked to gave us a lecture about going to the wrong place, that people would be waiting for us on the appointed day, that it wasn't fair to them, etc, etc. - but then said he would allow it this time but to do all other appointments on the scheduled date at the right office.

MINNESOTA
Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

York - Successful. Place was basically empty and took less than 10 mins. They realized i was a walk-in after the process was done and just told me there isnt any problem with it, just to let them know when you get there. Pretty awesome people.

TENNESSEE
Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA
Alexandria - Yes

Edited by Warren and Vivian

Aug 2, 2011 - Met online via a mutual friend.
Dec 2, 2011 - Vivian traveled to USA to attend a medical conference and had our first date. On Dec 10, 2011 - Vivian returned home.
May 15,2012 - Vivian traveled to USA to spend a month with me. smile.png
Sep 15,2012 - Met Vivian in Frankfurt Germany and on to Prague Czech Republic to celebrate our birthdays.
Sep 24, 2012 - Left Viena Austria. The last time I was with Vivian.
Nov 11, 2012 - Mailed in I-129F
Nov 19, 2012 - NOA1 recieved

June 13, 2013 - NOA2 approved.

June 17, 2013 - NOA2 hard copy received.

June 25, 2013 - Consulate received
July 7, 2013 - Packet 3 received

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 sent

July 28, 2013 - Packet 4 received

Aug 22, 2013 - Interview scheduled and APPROVED!!! kicking.gif

Sept 17, 2013 - Visa in hand

Sept 18, 2013 - Traveled to USA - Arrived at Dulles Airport in Virginia.

Sept 20, 2013 - Wedding!!!

event.png

Adding Philly and Oakland that didn't get added

ALABAMA

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

Oakland- Oct 2013 successful

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

Wheaton - Dec 27, 2013 - Told guard we had an 01/07/14 appointment in Baltimore but had a dr. appointment the same day. He passed us on through. The gentleman who we talked to gave us a lecture about going to the wrong place, that people would be waiting for us on the appointed day, that it wasn't fair to them, etc, etc. - but then said he would allow it this time but to do all other appointments on the scheduled date at the right office.

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

MONTANA

NEBRASKA

NEW HAMPSHIRE

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia- Oct 2013 successful

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks I have just checked & ours is not Fairfax it is Alexandria & from above it seems they do walk in's as there is a yes?

That means somebody in this thread was successful doing early biometrics at the Alexandria office.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.