dux_2002

has anyone experienced trouble in the relationship because of this long process?

18 posts in this topic

yes. when she gets here in late june it is going to be 1 year and 9 months. we fought and quit. we all good but still i can see and feel the stress and wear on us. she is rightfully very nervous and scared. i do what i can to help. it is hard to do. i wish she was here already honestly.

try to understand both sides. and not let fight be bigger than your love.

Between love and madness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I think in our case it's fair to say it's added a lot of stress but if anything the stress is a test of the relationship for us, although if I have to wait much longer I may go slightly insane.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think in our case it's fair to say it's added a lot of stress but if anything the stress is a test of the relationship for us, although if I have to wait much longer I may go slightly insane.

Only slightly? ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes, but that's because we haven't seen each other in a while and that makes communication more difficult.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

This is completely normal and I think almost everyone goes through it! The biggest challenge is that noone knows what the end result will be, once the interview comes around, which could possibly cause for being apart even longer. You just have to hang in there and increase your level of daily communication for this helps to get you through it all. Also, keep your faith...

Depends if I get a beer shoved in front of me when it happens!

Hahaha :) I think we all deserve a beer!

I think any stress/problems resulting from the visa process is very normal. This topic actually came up when I was talking to my guy on skype last night, so good timing on this post. We were talking through the next steps and he had a little freak out about the "what ifs" - what if he gets denied, what if something goes wrong after we've waited all this time, and so forth.

The important thing is to talk through any worries/concerns and provide reassurance whenever you think the other person needs it. I think he just wanted to know that even if the worst does happen, we'll still be together, everything will be OK, we'll make it work.

Before we got our NOA2, my guy and a few coworkers tried to ban me from reading visajourney because I was so obsessed with timelines and when we'd hear back or I'd read people's horror stories and get scared... so try not to obsess. I'm definitely a lot better now lol!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hahaha :) I think we all deserve a beer!

I think any stress/problems resulting from the visa process is very normal. This topic actually came up when I was talking to my guy on skype last night, so good timing on this post. We were talking through the next steps and he had a little freak out about the "what ifs" - what if he gets denied, what if something goes wrong after we've waited all this time, and so forth.

The important thing is to talk through any worries/concerns and provide reassurance whenever you think the other person needs it. I think he just wanted to know that even if the worst does happen, we'll still be together, everything will be OK, we'll make it work.

Before we got our NOA2, my guy and a few coworkers tried to ban me from reading visajourney because I was so obsessed with timelines and when we'd hear back or I'd read people's horror stories and get scared... so try not to obsess. I'm definitely a lot better now lol!! :)

Ah yes I had that about a week ago. The problem was easily rectified with me going to the Co-Op, buying ice cream and proceeding to pour the rumtoph juices over it. That and three glasses of wine later.... Problems? What problems?! .... followed by snoring :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

the same as the title - me and my fiancee are going through a rough patch, and im sure its down to the stress this visa is taking.

is this a normal thing, and is there the light at the end of the tunnel?

Perfectly normal. I think the things we experienced were frustrations over not feeling like we had control over our future, disagreements that were left up in the air due to the distance and time difference etc, etc. I never doubted that we would make it, though, because we are such good friends as well as lovers. The closer it gets to the actuality of moving the more intense those feelings can become, due to the big changes you both know are about to take place. I think sometimes you just have to let things go and be there for each other. I hate arguing and I know it feels all up in the air when that happens, but just keep communicating, reminding each other why you are going through everything you are going through and telling each other that the other is loved.

I am on the other side now (moved for nearly 3 months and married ) and we still have immigration issues, along with relationship issues and transitions issues ,which just equals life. Love, communication and respect for each other will see you through.

Send him an email telling how much you love him.

Hang in there!

event.png

event.png

Watied 129days from NOA1 for NOA2

event.png

Medical January 9th 2012.

Interview date received January 25th

Interview February 15th 2012 - APPROVED.

Received Visa's (K1 and K2) February 23rd 2012.

POE February 24th 2012.

Timeline

It happens. I wouldn't say it's normal just because of the visa. I've been around long enought to see people like yourself (NOA1 for K1) go from excited, to bored, to cheating, divorcing, bailing out, whatever.....

It happens. But those things happen to people who marry the boy next door.

Best advice I can give you is stop stressing. You'll get your visa but you can't micro manage it. It will happen "someday" and fretting each day away, obsessing over timelines, and wanting to know exactly when, is wasting your positive energy. Just carry on with your life, and let the visa happen in it's own time. You can't control it so don't let it control you either.

Life doesn't always get better. It just gets different. You gotta roll with the punches or you'll get knocked out. ::dead::

BEST advice! Exactly what I would have said, ha, ha.

event.png

event.png

Watied 129days from NOA1 for NOA2

event.png

Medical January 9th 2012.

Interview date received January 25th

Interview February 15th 2012 - APPROVED.

Received Visa's (K1 and K2) February 23rd 2012.

POE February 24th 2012.

Timeline

Take it from someone who knows... once you go insane. it all evens out =p My Fiance and I chat every evening 3-4 hours.. we eat dinner over web cam together with my son (Saturday night we both have pepperoni pizzas lol), we read the same books and discuss, and watch movies and discuss when online. We're like an old married couple but just not together.. Heh.. my son even calls him up on video chat when he needs help with math or English lol!

Yes, everyone has rough patches, but just keep working at it, and enjoying this time as getting to have a deeper relationship :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Totally normal here as well!! We seem to be a bit snippy lately...and for us a lot has to do with the distance just catching up to us combined with the stress of everything finally becoming a reality. If either one has a ####### day, there's no one to cuddle with when we get home. If we row, , we can talk it out but there's no make-up sex or snuggling on the couch. For us it's not having that physical comfort when things are rough, for either one or both of us.

BUT this could all be a load of #######. He's here next week, so this will put my theory to the test. I'll let you know if one of us ends up sleeping in my son's top bunk. :P

NOA1 : 02/15/12

NOA2 : 08/16/2012

NVC Rec'd : 08/27/2012

Medical : 09/14/2012

Interview : 10/31/2012

POE : 11/16/2012

Marriage : 02/02/2013

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh yes,we argued quite a bit off and on. But it never lasted very long. We love each other and as everyone has said, being apart is difficult. I was tired of waiting and was trying to plan a trip to go and see my fiance last month, but he was the voice of reason. We had already discussed my being at the interview so I had to be patient. Well, I have 19 days until I see him and the interview is on June 5th. So I am happy as a clam right now. :dance:

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.