Almost done

Front loading Documentation and pictures

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Quick question, If I send our pictures during the NVC stage - With the DS-230 -Application for Immigrant visa package, will they return photos to my spouse?

Has anyone experienced this? :unsure:

Becos during the USCIS Stage/CSC - My pictures were returned to me. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The NVC is just for processing of the visa to be sent on to the consulate...there is no reason to send them pictures, they merely check that you have sent in the correct documentsand for the embassy

The NVC is just for processing of the visa to be sent on to the consulate...there is no reason to send them pictures, they merely check that you have sent in the correct documentsand for the embassy

sorry..the correct documents and forms and that they are complete..that's all

Timeline

Why were your pictures returned to you from USCIS? did they give you a reason?

It was returned because it was approved (NOA2). its just like returning original document submitted. no negative reason and none was provided.

although, i thought it will be sent to my spouse via NVC.

I just want to mail all requirement now and more pictures and additional info now, so it will be helpful during his interview, less will be required of him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It was returned because it was approved (NOA2). its just like returning original document submitted. no negative reason and none was provided.

although, i thought it will be sent to my spouse via NVC.

I just want to mail all requirement now and more pictures and additional info now, so it will be helpful during his interview, less will be required of him.

Sounds like the photos reached the service center after the file had left the building. IF they had arrived while the file was there the pics would have been added to the file.

Anything added to the file is a part of the file. At the end of the process, you can submit a request for some things to be returned. But that is after entering the US (not at the moment you enter).

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Sounds like the photos reached the service center after the file had left the building. IF they had arrived while the file was there the pics would have been added to the file.

Anything added to the file is a part of the file. At the end of the process, you can submit a request for some things to be returned. But that is after entering the US (not at the moment you enter).

my pictures was sent along with the I-130 Form, not after.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did you send photos or copies? I did PDF two photos per page created in Word. They kept all my photos. I sent about 15 (8 color pages) with my i-130 and then 25 (scan B&W) more with my ds-230.

I would send more in any chance you get. My wife also had three books of photos for the interview. The interviewer looked at our photo books during the interview.

=====================

CR-1 Process

=====================

06/10/2011 - I-130 package sent USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/14/2011 - NOA1

10/21/2011 - I-130 approved (NOA2)

11/19/2011 - NVC recevied case

11/21/2011 - Called NVC for AOS bill and DS-3032

11/21/2011 - Paid AOS Bill

11/21/2011 - EP request and DS-3032 to NVC

11/23/2011 - EP came and DS-3032 accepted

11/23/2011 - Submit I-864

11/28/2011 - Paid IV Bill

11/29/2011 - Submit DS-230

12/05/2011 - Case completed

12/08/2011 - Interview date set

12/11/2011 - Medical exam

01/11/2011 - Document intake day

01/12/2012 - Interview - Approved

03/09/2012 - POE - LAX

Timeline

Did you send photos or copies? I did PDF two photos per page created in Word. They kept all my photos. I sent about 15 (8 color pages) with my i-130 and then 25 (scan B&W) more with my ds-230.

I would send more in any chance you get. My wife also had three books of photos for the interview. The interviewer looked at our photo books during the interview.

I sent real pictures, I just made copies of recent pix, marriage photos and pre-wedding shots, and sent a little old pix from college, bcos i wasn't sure they will return it, i didn't want to loose my old pictures with my spouse.

Luckily for me, they returned all after my I-130 was approved.

But since am on the NVC Stage now, i just want to know, if my real pictures will also be returned to mii or my spouse. Bcos am sending more old pix now and same recent pix sent previously.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I sent real pictures, I just made copies of recent pix, marriage photos and pre-wedding shots, and sent a little old pix from college, bcos i wasn't sure they will return it, i didn't want to loose my old pictures with my spouse.

Luckily for me, they returned all after my I-130 was approved.

But since am on the NVC Stage now, i just want to know, if my real pictures will also be returned to mii or my spouse. Bcos am sending more old pix now and same recent pix sent previously.

The only photos you will send to the NVC are the passport photos of the beneficiary.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

This is what I have known through other petitioners. The pictures were forwarded with the entire file to the Embassy as submitted by the petitioner with the petition.

:thumbs: It would be interesting to know why the pictures were returned and not sent with the petition? :unsure:

Even photos were sent to Lagos with the file. I agree with you, more pictures is good, this is Nigeria we are talking about. PROOF PROOF PROOF :rofl:

Timeline

This is what I have known through other petitioners. The pictures were forwarded with the entire file to the Embassy as submitted by the petitioner with the petition.

Yeah, that's what i also intend to do. Just got my case number. thanks a lot for reassuring mii

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.