fting

didn't include evidence of a Bonifide Marriage in I-130

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

First of all want to pre-thank for any helpful replies.

I submitted the I-130 for my spouse, got a receipt and case # from USCIS, and currently waiting in the "initial review" status, it has been about 3 month. In the I-130 package I didn't include much evidence of a bonifide marriage, probably my bad, I thought those could be submitted when my spouse goes for the visa interview. We have many photos taken and many travel evidence and tickets etc.

The question now is, can I mail some evidence to USCIS service center to add to my I-130 case? What should I do? or I should just wait and hopefully when it is time for the interview I let my spouse bring those docs in and show to the visa officer?

thanks very much!

I am not sure what the level of scutiny there is for Chinese immigrants... However, all is that is REQUIRED for the I130 initial submission

is to prove you and the immigrant meet the requirements for approval.

1. You are US citizen

2. proof you met and are married

3. All previous marriages terminated properly

4. bio data correct

maybe a couple of more things,,,

During the interview at the consulate you will need to prove,,, an ongoing relationship. Basically, what did you do AFTER you were married

and can prove,,, that demonstrates an ONGOING RELAIONSHIP.

I130 NOA2... Just states you and the spouse are eligible to receive a visa

NVC Collects and Validates all Official Documentation (Ie. official copy of marriage cert, etc) has been received

Consulate Decides whether or not you receive the visa based upon the documents submitted, addition proof presented, results of the

interview,,, and the all too subjective gut feeling whether or not fraud is involved.

Good Luck,

dc

Timeline

Thanks Douglas. Definitely in my I-130 I have 1,2,3,4 covered. Just that I didn't "front-load" any evidence such as photos, phone bills, emails, train tickets etc etc. So you think I should just sit and wait for NOA2? Can I mail them some evidence while waiting, I guess this is hard to do?

Thanks!

You probably won't recieve a NOA2, if they feel it is insufficient they will send you an RFE for more evidence. I think you should wait to see what they ask for rather than trying to email stuff in. You never know they may think what you've sent is fine.

02/17/02: KH & PH started dating

11/11/06: Married in the UK

05/10/12: Sent off I-130 via Express Mail

05/11/12: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox

05/11/12: Priority date for I-130

05/21/12: Received NOA1 hardcopy VSC

Timeline

all right thanks for all, I will just wait then.

btw I did include G-1145 in my I-130 to enable email/txt msg. However I only got NOA1 in regular mail but not any email or txt message about it. Is this normal? Thanks.

Edited by fting

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The question now is, can I mail some evidence to USCIS service center to add to my I-130 case? What should I do? or I should just wait and hopefully when it is time for the interview I let my spouse bring those docs in and show to the visa officer?

Sending relationship evidence to USCIS at this point in time is an exercise in futility as it would likely not get matched with the file.

For Guangzhou, the interview is not the time to try to submit evidence for the first time. Now here is the good news, you will have a chance to submit some relationship evidence prior to the interview. Electronic Processing at the NVC is available to you, so if you elect for EP when your file reaches the NVC (and I recommend that you do), you can include relationship evidence along with the DS-230 and civil documents that would be emailed to the NVC in a PDF file.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Sending relationship evidence to USCIS at this point in time is an exercise in futility as it would likely not get matched with the file.

For Guangzhou, the interview is not the time to try to submit evidence for the first time. Now here is the good news, you will have a chance to submit some relationship evidence prior to the interview. Electronic Processing at the NVC is available to you, so if you elect for EP when your file reaches the NVC (and I recommend that you do), you can include relationship evidence along with the DS-230 and civil documents that would be emailed to the NVC in a PDF file.

Thanks man, that is very good to know.

btw does any one know if the G-1145 e-notificitions are used in later stages, such as when decision was made at the NOA2 time? Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

all right thanks for all, I will just wait then.

btw I did include G-1145 in my I-130 to enable email/txt msg. However I only got NOA1 in regular mail but not any email or txt message about it. Is this normal? Thanks.

Yes, it's normal. The USCIS text/email notification system isn't 100% reliable.

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Thanks man, that is very good to know.

btw does any one know if the G-1145 e-notificitions are used in later stages, such as when decision was made at the NOA2 time? Thanks.

You can sign up for updates to your case at this website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

You can also provide email address and/or mobile phone number that can receive text messages.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i'm just chock full of awesome things ;) ask anybody..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi all,

First of all want to pre-thank for any helpful replies.

I submitted the I-130 for my spouse, got a receipt and case # from USCIS, and currently waiting in the "initial review" status, it has been about 3 month. In the I-130 package I didn't include much evidence of a bonifide marriage, probably my bad, I thought those could be submitted when my spouse goes for the visa interview. We have many photos taken and many travel evidence and tickets etc.

thanks very much!

dont worry about it , i was in the same boat i only sent marriage certificate as a evidence and i got my NOA2 without any RFE

GOOD LUCK!!!

USCIS:

I-130 Sent : 2011-08-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-09-06

Expedite Request sent:2012-03-09

I-130 NOA2: 2012-03-16

NVC:

NVC Received : 2012-03-26

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2012-04-13

Expedite Request Send : 2012-04-23

NVC Ask To Re-Expedite: 2012-05-08

Expedite Approve: 2012-05-10

NVC Sent :2012-12-05

Embassy:

Embassy Received : 2012-05-14

Medical Exam : 2012-05-17

Interview : 2012-05-30-Result Approve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.