Jim&Julie

Letter of Intent to Marry needs to be notarized by a lawyer?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Every one! I am sending all my documents to my fiance this week, but i need to know if the letter of intent to marry needs to be notarized by a lawyer here in the phils? Pls need help

06/05/2012:I-129F sent via USPS Priority

06/07/2012:I-129F received at Texas Lockbox

06/11/2012:NOA1 Notification Email with receipt number (sent to CSC)

8/28/2012:NOA2!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Every one! I am sending all my documents to my fiance this week, but i need to know if the letter of intent to marry needs to be notarized by a lawyer here in the phils? Pls need help

Hey Julie!

No, there's no need to notarize any of the documents. Your signature is more than enough... just don't forget to sign the letter and the G-325 form good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

yes, it needs to be notarized by a laywer. that's just what i did last week. didn't know this, too, during the time of our filing for K1. good luck!:)

This is INCORRECT.

My wife and I did not notarize while going through the K-1 ours and it was just fine.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

yes, it needs to be notarized by a laywer. that's just what i did last week. didn't know this, too, during the time of our filing for K1. good luck!:)

Wrong.

Timeline

Incorrect. It does not need to be notarized.

oh? too late for me.:( i already had mine notarized, signed and sent back to csc. i trusted a friend of mine who hired a lawyer to get their process easy, told me it has to be notarized. pfft. well, just excited to get my NOA2 now.:)

Timeline

Hey Julie!

No, there's no need to notarize any of the documents. Your signature is more than enough... just don't forget to sign the letter and the G-325 form good.gif

Ok thanks a lot for the help... i'm confused about the color of the pen do they specify what color of pen for the signature? Because some say it should be blue and others say it needs to be black pen, so which is which? Thanks

Timeline

oh? too late for me.:( i already had mine notarized, signed and sent back to csc. i trusted a friend of mine who hired a lawyer to get their process easy, told me it has to be notarized. pfft. well, just excited to get my NOA2 now.:)

So does this mean it needs to be notarized? I am really confused. What about my fiance letter of intent to marry does he need to notarized it too in the US?

So does this mean it needs to be notarized? I am really confused. What about my fiance letter of intent to marry does he need to notarized it too in the US?

No. It does not need to be notarized.

This is why VJ generally advises AGAINST using lawyers. They are the source of misinformation more often than not.

Ok thanks a lot for the help... i'm confused about the color of the pen do they specify what color of pen for the signature? Because some say it should be blue and others say it needs to be black pen, so which is which? Thanks

I signed in blue so that it would be obvious that the signatures were original and not copies.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

It just needs an original signature.

Thanks for the respond :)

Timeline

hey girl, i was confused too, but you have to trust these people here on vj, they are more experienced regarding the process.:) they say "not notarized", you just follow that one. i had mine notarized because i had a friend who told me to do so. she seems to be wrong.:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.