Coloradocouple95

I am in need of advice for Co-sponsorship

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I'll try to break it down with as much detail as I can with out writing to much and draging on.

I am 25 yr old US citizen and I moved to Bahrain with my fiancee ( who is from the philippines and works in Bahrain) to be with her till our paper work is done and she is able to come to the US. We have sent in the I-129 fiancee visa form in dec 2011, and got our notice of action letter in Feb 2012. now in the past few years I've made as much as 11-12K annuly but I'm told that I need to make up to 14,750 or higher. I have a few people that agreed to co-sponsor her but I am told we would have to be married to do that. If there is anyone who knows how I can get her to the US and maybe give me a path to take to help us along the way? I would be most greatful indeed.

You can have a co-sponsor for the K-1. Co sponsors are allowed for the finance visa.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can have a co-sponsor for the K-1. Co sponsors are allowed for the finance visa.

Everyone on this site out of Manila says co-sponsor is only accepted for spouse, not fiancee. I would verify this with the consulate first, if they will not accept, you should marry first, cancel K, and file CR1 spouse. The 864 uses 125% poverty, a family of 2 would need annual income of $18,920. With a co-sponsor it would be a family of 3 or higher so that number would go up.

Everyone on this site out of Manila says co-sponsor is only accepted for spouse, not fiancee. I would verify this with the consulate first, if they will not accept, you should marry first, cancel K, and file CR1 spouse. The 864 uses 125% poverty, a family of 2 would need annual income of $18,920. With a co-sponsor it would be a family of 3 or higher so that number would go up.

No, not everyone! Immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, It is 'Case By Case'.The totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships.

Yes it may be hard for the OP to overcome the needed income problem, the petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US government, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Thank you all.. I've heard people say that sometime the consular officer may allow it.. Now what I want to know is on which grounds or circumstances that the Consular officer will allow it for us??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In Manila, they usually only allow it if:

1. The main petitioner has a good chance of increasing his income soon- for example a recent graduate. and

2. The co-sponsor is a close family member of the petitioner, rather than a friend ina different state or co-worker.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Are you working in Bahrain now, do you have a job lined up when your back in the US?

Will she interview in Bahrain, or will she interview in Manila? I don't know much about Filipino K-1ers interviewing in Bahrain. However, sometimes the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM) allows cosponsors for K-1ers and sometimes they don't.

> A Pinoy friend of mine was about $5000 under 125% of the poverty line, but his Filipina fiancée still got her K-1 visa from the USEM. At her interview, the consular officer gave her an MNL-IV-22 (221g) because of his lack of sufficient income.

About one week after her interview, he sent her both an I-129 and an I-864 from his cosponsor. He also sent the the cosponsor's supporting documentation for those forms. She submitted them to the Embassy and she received her visa a week ot two later.

He is a Pinoy who is in his mid-twenties, was born and raised in the Philippines, and is now a U.S. citizen who is living in the U.S. His cosponsor is his brother. My friend was not a student at the time and he is not a college graduate. He was living at home with his mother (in the U.S.). His fiancée is not a college graduate.

> I also know a Pinoy guy who is in his mid-twenties and who went to his K-1 interview at the USEM and was approved despite the fact that his Pinay petitioner lived at home with her parents, was a college student, had no job, and had no income whatsoever. He himself was a college graduate.

The Filipino pre-screener told him that the Embassy didn't allow cosponsors for K-1ers. However, the consular officer accepted the cosponsor (her parents) and he received his visa a week later.

> If you don't have adequate current sustained income, or you don't have about $60,000 in liquid assets, then it's going to be hit or miss at a USEM interview. As was mentioned previously, the consular officer looks at the totality of the circumstances when deciding whether a K-1 applicant is likely to become a public charge in the U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

True they don't accept Co-Sponsor in US Embassy in Manila. I found out about this just a week ago.. although I do make above the poverty guideline, i prepared a co-sponsor just in case. but i guess it'll be all in my hands.. and they just accept co-sponsor for spouse visa.. so i guess the best way to do is to marry your fiance and file for a spouse visa instead.. :blush: Good luck! If it's hard for u, i guess it's the best way.. Good luck!

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Timeline

Are you working in Bahrain now, do you have a job lined up when your back in the US?

yes, I have maybe a total of 4 jobs to pick from once I land back in the states and one ( if I were to get to job will pay 80K a year ) so I'll have a job/jobs once I am back in the States and my Fiancee is here with me in Bahrain and she will have her interview here in Bahrain NOT MANILA ...

True they don't accept Co-Sponsor in US Embassy in Manila. I found out about this just a week ago.. although I do make above the poverty guideline, i prepared a co-sponsor just in case. but i guess it'll be all in my hands.. and they just accept co-sponsor for spouse visa.. so i guess the best way to do is to marry your fiance and file for a spouse visa instead.. :blush: Good luck! If it's hard for u, i guess it's the best way.. Good luck!

They do, and have accepted Co-Sponsor in US Embassy in Manila for the K1! This does not mean it will work for the OP.

Keep in mind their is a broader view then just income going on here. Lacking that information and guessing or assuming getting married instead 'could' end up being a double edge sword.

They do, and have accepted Co-Sponsor in US Embassy in Manila for the K1! This does not mean it will work for the OP.

Keep in mind their is a broader view then just income going on here. Lacking that information and guessing or assuming getting married instead 'could' end up being a double edge sword.

Now that we know what country she will be interviewing in I don't think you'll find much help for you questions in the Philippines forum. If you change your flag to the country she is currently living in, then your post wont carry over to the Philippines forums Try posting in Middle East and North Africa forums.

Good Luck :thumbs:

I don' t know whether Filipino K-1ers who interview at the U.S. Embassy Bahrain would have any luck using cosponsors. If you continue to have any doubts about it, and since you seem to be able to get a good-paying job in the U.S., you might want to get a couple of paychecks under your belt before her interview so that you can qualify on your own.

Timeline

Now that we know what country she will be interviewing in I don't think you'll find much help for you questions in the Philippines forum. If you change your flag to the country she is currently living in, then your post wont carry over to the Philippines forums Try posting in Middle East and North Africa forums.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Thanks the sounds lke a good idea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.