rclouse

dogs

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok. I mean I always thought He forbade the pig because it was unclean but I mean cow balls are unclean too. I onlly ask because I saw that this is an Egyptian fave on a different website and it made me wonder... :whistle:

I don't make a habit questioning why Allah forbade this or that but as far as the pig being the same as any part of the cow.... in those days it was extremely dangerous to eat pig meat... the reason being is that they are high carriers of parasites, mainly trichinae, which is a small bug that digs itself into the host's (you) muscles and lays its eggs... they will eat away your muscle until it is no more. It's very painful as you can imagine.

Even in modern times, with sanitation at high levels never seen in the history of mankind, it is still inadvisable to eat pig meat. We are warned to make sure we cook it and get it done completely! This is because, even though it's nearly unheard of today, we can still contract these parasites from this animal.

Granted, this is true of any animal but the pig is the one who carries the most danger... you don't hear people asking for their porkchops 'bloody' or 'rare' now do you??? :unsure:

Pigs are also filthy creatures in that they wallow in their own feces and will eat anything.

Pig meat is high in cholesterol and it's agreed upon in the medical community that eating pork in general is unhealthy.

To meet the demand for pig meat we get pig farms here in the US... while studying for a paralegal degree a few years ago I got a chance to read about some lawsuits and such regarding these farms. The waste the pigs in these farms produce pollutes the entire area so badly that it becomes uninhabitable!!! Can you imagine how filthy these animals must be that merely getting rid of their waste harms the entire eco-system this way???? I grew up around a dairy farm and while it stank pretty badly in the summer there, the air, land and water certainly weren't polluted just because the cows made waste. :no:

This is one of the commands from God/Allah that the three major faiths agree on... jews, some christians and muslims.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I mean I always thought He forbade the pig because it was unclean but I mean cow balls are unclean too. I onlly ask because I saw that this is an Egyptian fave on a different website and it made me wonder... :whistle:

If you can find me some cow balls I'll eat them raw! ;)

My husband tricked me into eating cow balls last year... he said it was BEEF. It was a little chewy, but not too bad with a good sauce... some bread... and a big glass of coke.

He also got me to eat horse, cow brains, and rabbit that way. A lot of people eat rabbit, but I had always tried not to because.... well, theyre just so freakin cute.

Liver is the one thing I can't stand... I can spot it a mile away no matter how it's prepared.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
"A Muslim minicab driver refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was "unclean".

Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni told Jane Vernon she could not get into his car with the dog because of his religion. "

Now, as I understand it, there's nothing in the Koran that talks about dogs. Also AIUI there is something negative in a hadith, which isn't part of "the recitation" but instead a story about the Prophet or that time. So, why is this guy saying (effectively) that Islam says dogs are unclean?

You know one thing I have noticed, especially here on VJ is that everyone expects Muslims to be extremely religious and follow every rule. Every religion has its nuts but I don't see why other Muslims have to answer to that. I mean when a Christian blows up an abortion clinic, no one comes and asks my why they did that.

Has anyone else here noticed this? This is not directed at you rclouse, but just a general observation I have made.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My husband tricked me into eating cow balls last year... he said it was BEEF.

cows have balls? i thought only bulls did :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

"A Muslim minicab driver refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was "unclean".

Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni told Jane Vernon she could not get into his car with the dog because of his religion. "

Now, as I understand it, there's nothing in the Koran that talks about dogs. Also AIUI there is something negative in a hadith, which isn't part of "the recitation" but instead a story about the Prophet or that time. So, why is this guy saying (effectively) that Islam says dogs are unclean?

You know one thing I have noticed, especially here on VJ is that everyone expects Muslims to be extremely religious and follow every rule. Every religion has its nuts but I don't see why other Muslims have to answer to that. I mean when a Christian blows up an abortion clinic, no one comes and asks my why they did that.

Has anyone else here noticed this? This is not directed at you rclouse, but just a general observation I have made.

JP

I have noticed it but I attribute it to the fact that the several of the Muslims here are very vocal about their beliefs. I do think in some of the other forums, the more vocal Christians have been challenged about their faith.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

JP

I have noticed it but I attribute it to the fact that the several of the Muslims here are very vocal about their beliefs. I do think in some of the other forums, the more vocal Christians have been challenged about their faith.

Excellent point Rebecca...as always. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hey VP,

How come we can't eat the meat of a pig but we can have fried cow testicles? I was wondering about that yesterday. (funny the things one ponders when one is fasting.... :huh: )

Do you eat fried cow testicles when you're not fasting???? :unsure: I wouldn't eat the testicle of any animal whether it be raw, baked, boiled, broiled or fried :no: but that's just my personal preference :P

I guess the simple answer would be because Allah forbade one and not the other. :hehe:

*rubbing her hands in anticipation*... I can hardly wait to ask Moh about this. I already know his reaction. Hahahaha...

My husband tricked me into eating cow balls last year... he said it was BEEF.

cows have balls? i thought only bulls did :huh:

HA fine, bull balls...

JP

i agree with this, but i have noticed it outside the forum as well, in the real world. i find that generally people (non muslims) assume ALL muslims are religious fanatics. and thus, have to answer for what the crazies are doing.

but it's interesting that, as JP said, if a crazy christian blows up an abortion clinic, no one comes running to their christian friends to ask why it happens. I even find this at Brandeis, where I go to school, a predominantly Jewish university... no one lumps all the christians together and asks "why do your people do this??" but it happens time and time again with the muslim students (to a lesser degree, because Brandeis is a very diverse, liberal university, but it still happens)

Same with having sex before marriage... I'm pretty sure it's looked down upon across the boards (in terms of religion)... but it happens, obviously. very often you hear "But i thought they couldn't do that in islam?" rather than "doesn't Christianity not allow that?" i have muslim friends that drink. i have muslim friends that have sex before marriage, eat meat that's not halal, and don't pray. it may not be islamic and they may not be following every single rule in the book, but it happens.

i agree with this, but i have noticed it outside the forum as well, in the real world. i find that generally people (non muslims) assume ALL muslims are religious fanatics. and thus, have to answer for what the crazies are doing.

but it's interesting that, as JP said, if a crazy christian blows up an abortion clinic, no one comes running to their christian friends to ask why it happens. I even find this at Brandeis, where I go to school, a predominantly Jewish university... no one lumps all the christians together and asks "why do your people do this??" but it happens time and time again with the muslim students (to a lesser degree, because Brandeis is a very diverse, liberal university, but it still happens)

Same with having sex before marriage... I'm pretty sure it's looked down upon across the boards (in terms of religion)... but it happens, obviously. very often you hear "But i thought they couldn't do that in islam?" rather than "doesn't Christianity not allow that?" i have muslim friends that drink. i have muslim friends that have sex before marriage, eat meat that's not halal, and don't pray. it may not be islamic and they may not be following every single rule in the book, but it happens.

I think the main reason for this is that many Americans have little exposure to Muslims except for what they see on the news. So when something happens and they meet or already know a Muslim, they ask about it. It is a combination of ignorance, curiousity, etc. (and I mean ignorance because they don't know otherwise mainly from a lack of opportunity to know otherwise). Members within this forum have expressed that they had mixed or negative feelings about Islam/Muslims until meeting their spouse or that 9/11 spiked their curiosity and they learned about Islam then.

Many of us have grown up around Christians or have been raised Christian to know that the abortion clinic bombers are a fringe group. Most people have not grown up with this exposure to Islam. I think converts can confuse matters even more by taking on new names, and using "Allah" when speaking in English, making Islam seem even more "strange" to non-Muslims and leading people to believe Allah is some other God since they use English for every other word.

As far as the other issue, I think anytime people are vocal about their beliefs, often expressing what they will or will not do according to their faith, people will call them out when they act/speak in direct contradiction with their faith. I don't think this happens so much when someone is *quiet* about their faith.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Granted, this is true of any animal but the pig is the one who carries the most danger... you don't hear people asking for their porkchops 'bloody' or 'rare' now do you??? :unsure:

Can you imagine how filthy these animals must be that merely getting rid of their waste harms the entire eco-system this way???? I grew up around a dairy farm and while it stank pretty badly in the summer there, the air, land and water certainly weren't polluted just because the cows made waste. :no:

Salmonella and tainted spinach come to mind. But I understand your point.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think converts can confuse matters even more by taking on new names, and using "Allah" when speaking in English, making Islam seem even more "strange" to non-Muslims and leading people to believe Allah is some other God since they use English for every other word.

Yes, why say Allah rather than God? I've always found that curious. Wadi didn't understand it when I told him either, he always uses the word for God in whatever language he is conversing in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I think converts can confuse matters even more by taking on new names, and using "Allah" when speaking in English, making Islam seem even more "strange" to non-Muslims and leading people to believe Allah is some other God since they use English for every other word.

Yes, why say Allah rather than God? I've always found that curious. Wadi didn't understand it when I told him either, he always uses the word for God in whatever language he is conversing in.

Yeah, my husband doesn't say "Allah" either. He always uses the word for God in whatever language -- Dio, God, Zog, etc -- instead. I think he finds it strange that people choose to use an Arabic word over a word in their own native language. Ah well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I alternate between Allah (swt) and God. It flows naturally for me. One reason to use Allah (swt) is that it is a proper name for God. I'm Jennifer to an english speaker, a french speaker, an arabic speaker and a spanish speaker (unless I'm in 7th grade spanish class, in which case my name is Carmen Raquel :dance: )

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.