Jiajia

I-129F filling questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello, I'm filling in the forms I-129F & G-325A. There're some questions for the forms.

For I-129F,

1, Part A, 8b, what's A#?

2. Part B, 12, I'm currently in the U.S as visitor, My Depature Record I-94 number is 12345678 90. How should I fill in since the form has 11 digi blanks? It's 12345678090?

3. Part B, 20, Can I choose what city I wanna apply for the visa at American embassy or consulate at? Or USCIS will design the city for me?

For G-325A,

1, What's File number? A..??

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I'm filling in the forms I-129F & G-325A. There're some questions for the forms.

For I-129F,

2. Part B, 12, I'm currently in the U.S as visitor, My Depature Record I-94 number is 12345678 90. How should I fill in since the form has 11 digi blanks? It's 12345678090?

3. Part B, 20, Can I choose what city I wanna apply for the visa at American embassy or consulate at? Or USCIS will design the city for me?

For G-325A,

Thanks.

i don't know if i am getting anything. Are you saying that u applying for k-1 visa and u r us visitor?? thn u cant apply for it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

For I-129F,

For G-325A,

Thanks.

There are sample forms that you can find here http://www.visajourn...ontent/examples

1) A# is Alien Number (You do not supply that number if you acquired citizenship by birth). Otherwise, you should have your A# in your legal documents.

2) Add the number without the space 12345678090

3) It's my understanding, that even if you select a consulate, USCIS selects the correct one for your region. If you want to have it in another Country, other than the one of origin, you must be a legal resident of that other Country. (Someone can correct me on this).

For all other questions, please read the forms carefully and follow the samples provided on the link.

i don't know if i am getting anything. Are you saying that u applying for k-1 visa and u r us visitor?? thn u cant apply for it

Wrong - He can most certainly apply while visiting. The information on the i-94 must be provided.. that's all.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

OP is the beneficiary, so he/she doesn't have any A number yet. Unless she/he had an immigrant visa in the past.

Part A 8b concerns the US citizen fiance. If your fiance is born american, then there's no number as Celeste & C said.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

First of all, Thanks much for your replies.

1. I'm still confused about A#. I'm Alien Fiancee, I don't have A# for sure. But what about my US citizen fiance, he's born in U.S, he even doesn't know what' his A#. Could you please tell me where we can find his A# if he certainly has? It's on his ID or birth certificate or somewhere else?

2. How does USCIS determine the consulate for my visa on my home country? It depends on where I work, It depends on what I choose?? I really need to know it.

3. I know we also need to file I-134. Can we file it with I-130 together? Or we must wait to file it until my I-129F is approved?

4. After I entered U.S with K-1 visa, How long does it take me to receive GC?

Thanks

Timeline

First of all, Thanks much for your replies.

1. I'm still confused about A#. I'm Alien Fiancee, I don't have A# for sure. But what about my US citizen fiance, he's born in U.S, he even doesn't know what' his A#. Could you please tell me where we can find his A# if he certainly has? It's on his ID or birth certificate or somewhere else?

2. How does USCIS determine the consulate for my visa on my home country? It depends on where I work, It depends on what I choose?? I really need to know it.

3. I know we also need to file I-134. Can we file it with I-130 together? Or we must wait to file it until my I-129F is approved?

4. After I entered U.S with K-1 visa, How long does it take me to receive GC?

Thanks

1. If he's born in the US, he was never an alien immigrant so he doesn't have an A number. Put "None".

2. I don't know. :P EDIT: From this link, I see only 2 consulates in China who may process your K-1: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?letter=C Ask to members from your country about this. From what I noticed in VJ, members from China get through the Ghangzhou consulate. They will correct me if I'm wrong.

3. The I-134 is needed at the interview stage, not in the petition package stage. You will never file a I-130 if you file a K-1. This form is for spousal visa.

4. After you enter the US with the K-1, you will have to get married in the 90 days after your entry. After that, you will have to file to adjust your status to be a legal permanent resident (green card). It takes at least 4 months to get it.

Edited by didopage

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

First of all, Sorry, I wrote by mistake, It's I-129F, not I-130. So when and who should file I-134??

In addtion, on I-129F, Part B, 2 and 15,16 are required about my address abroad. I believe this address is where the consulate sends the package to later. But I probably will change my address 1 month later, so I don't know how I let consulate know my new address later. Pls help me. Thanks.

Timeline

So no, you don't file the I-134 at the same time as I-129F. The I-134 affidavit of support is advised to be file when your petition will be approved (about 4-6 months after you send your petition package, if all goes smoothly). The US citizen fiance will have to mail it to you along with the supporting documents (recent pay stubs, tax returns, letter of employer...), so you will have all those documents ready for the interview.

If you file now, write your actual address. If you change address during the process, you will have to call the USCIS to notify them (great chance that your file will still be at the USCIS service center if you move in a month).

Or you can decide to wait a month before sending the petition package so there will be your new address on the forms.

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Easier to fill out if you know what you are filing for?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Let me confirm again, as far as I know, I only need to bring FORM I-134 and supporting evidences to interview, which will be mailed to me by my US citizen fiance. None of us needs to file it to USCIS or Embassy, is that right?

The address on I-129F is just for sending and receiving package, so It doesn't matter if I live there or not, is that right?

On I-129F, Part B, question 18, I don't know how to properly describe the circumstances under which we met. Is there anyone would like to share your description? Or is there any example for this?

Thanks.

Timeline

No, you don't only bring those documents to the interview. There will be some other docs, like your original birth certificate, police record, etc.

The address you will put on the I-129F and G-325 IS important, and it's important that you keep inform the USCIS if this address changes during the process. After your petition is approved, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center, which will assign a case number to your case, and then forward your case to the appropriate consulate. The consulate will then contact you (by mail, but it depends on some countries, some does by email) and send you a list of instructions of what to do next, and which documents to gather (the I-134 is a part of it).

The petition package you will send will, at the end, be at the consulate, so it DOES matter of what you write inside.

For question 18, just try to answer simply. You can make it short and it fits in the form, or you can write in an additionnal sheet (we did). My fiance wrote half a page of our story, how we initially met, when, and all the time we've met then until our engagement. Keep it simple but with answering well the question and it'll be fine. :)

Some very useful links that you should read:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide (read it ENTIRELY before filing)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf (same, check and re-check with these instructions before sending your package)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow so you can have an idea of all the steps waiting for you. :P

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Timeline

While K-1 is pending, Can I go to U.S to visit my fiancee with my valid B2? As I checked on VJ, some people say yes, some think no. Has anyone done it before?

And one more question, If my B2 visa will expire in Aug, and I enter in U.S in Jul, will I get another 3-6 month to stay or they only allow me to stay in until my visa expires? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

While K-1 is pending, Can I go to U.S to visit my fiancee with my valid B2? As I checked on VJ, some people say yes, some think no. Has anyone done it before?

And one more question, If my B2 visa will expire in Aug, and I enter in U.S in Jul, will I get another 3-6 month to stay or they only allow me to stay in until my visa expires? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

Yes, you can visit the US with your valid B2...BUT there's a chance you might be rejected at the airport and asked to return home until the K1 has been completed. Yes, it has been done before, but while there are several successful stories, there are also many unsuccessful ones.

You will have a better chance of being let in, if you can bring proof of strong ties to your country (i.e Lease, Letter from your employer staying when you are expected back at work) anything that will show that you will go back home.

No one here can tell you, for sure, if they will let you in or for how long they will let you stay (providing they DID let you in). Allowing you to enter the US and determining your staying is COMPLETELY up to the Immigration Officer that will check your passport at the airport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.