AE1206

I131 Advance Parole HELP PLEASE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I are married, in the US, and she is currently waiting for the i485 adjustment of status.

We also filed the I131 application for travel

We expedited the document with a hand written letter and evidence explaining why it was urgent.

I also called them to expedite it under Immediate Urgent Action however I got an email that said:

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I have not gotten anything in the mail if the case is declined or approved we are supposed to travel on May 13th - May 20th as noted in the application for Travel.

The application was received and processed on April 4th, 2012.

My question is, is there even a remote chance that my wife will be able to accompany me to visit my grandmother overseas for the 7 day trip? Or will she not be able to see my Grandmother before she passes? (With whom she has not yet been able to meet due to waiting for our K1 visa) This is a very upsetting situation.

Any help or suggestions would be more than welcome.

We are currently getting a detailed doctors note to see if they may rethink expediting the case even faster.

We do have her biometrics appointment set for May 1st 2012; however I would assume that is only for the i485 and of course if the i131 gets approved.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Tough one. Your grandmother is not an immediate family member ( mother, father) and not being able to see her, assuming she only has a few weeks left, may not be considered an extreme situation in their eyes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I are married, in the US, and she is currently waiting for the i485 adjustment of status.

We expedited the document with a hand written letter and evidence explaining why it was urgent.

I also called them to expedite it under Immediate Urgent Action however I got an email that said:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I have not gotten anything in the mail if the case is declined or approved we are supposed to travel on May 13th - May 20th as noted in the application for Travel.

My question is, is there even a remote chance that my wife will be able to accompany me to visit my grandmother overseas for the 7 day trip? Or will she not be able to see my Grandmother before she passes? (With whom she has not yet been able to meet due to waiting for our K1 visa) This is a very upsetting situation.

We are currently getting a detailed doctors note to see if they may rethink expediting the case even faster.

We do have her biometrics appointment set for May 1st 2012; however I would assume that is only for the i485 and of course if the i131 gets approved.

Try getting the detailed information about her condition from the doctor and make an Infopass appointment to ask about getting emergency AP. If they tell you once again that it is not extremely urgent enough, then no, unfortunately she will not be able to travel with you. She cannot leave the US and be able to re-enter without the AP or her green card. EAD and AP take about 2-3 months to receive, and since you only filed April 4th, it is not going to be approved in time without them granting an emergency expedite.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. Is there even a remote chance that my wife will be able to accompany me to visit my grandmother overseas for the 7 day trip?

2. Or will she not be able to see my Grandmother before she passes? (With whom she has not yet been able to meet due to waiting for our K1 visa) This is a very upsetting situation.

Biometrics is for the AOS and EAD, not for AP correct, but it's unlikely AP will be approved until the biometrics are done.

You might not have got anything in the mail but that response to the service request basically tells you it's a denial. There is NO emergent need for your WIFE to meet her grandmother-in-law. If it was her family member that is different, but she's not related so the same "emergent need" doesn't apply.

1. Well there is a REMOTE chance the AP will be approved in time (without the expedite) but processing times aren't exactly quick at the moment.

2. Most likely she will not. The way USCIS sees it is there was nothing stopping your (then) fiancee meeting your grandmother prior to, or during the K1 process. Your grandmother lives overseas so there was no US entry issue so the K1 visa (taking it's time as it does) didn't stop her meeting her at all.

You might want to consider taking a computer and using skype or something like that so he can "meet" her that way. It's not the same but it's better than nothing.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Hello,

Biometric is for all. Avg time after biometrics to approval of EAD is 3-4 weeks, then a few days until card show up in mail.

Your grandmother is not a direct relative of your spouse. It is not considered an emergency situation to USCIS.

I'd still try an Infopass, given the very short time differences, but likely is not going to change things especially if what they say is correct (high volume of expedite requests)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Biometric is for all. Avg time after biometrics to approval of EAD is 3-4 weeks, then a few days until card show up in mail.

No it's not. it's only for AOS and EAD (which is why those are the case numbers listed) however given the new combo card then they will probably wait until the bio are done before expediting.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Hi

Just wondering were you able to get the travel document?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.