mrsbourffada

There must be a catch...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay, so there must be a catch to this whole obtaining a K3 visa while you wait for your I-130 approval, or I think I'd see more people doing it. From what I read on the USCIS website, you can obtain a K3 visa, so your spouse can come wait for the approval of your I-130 with you. I am married and we have filed our I-130, and I would LOVE if he could come wait in the US with me.. but... what's the catch? Can anyone enlighten me?

pAAEm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Okay, so there must be a catch to this whole obtaining a K3 visa while you wait for your I-130 approval, or I think I'd see more people doing it. From what I read on the USCIS website, you can obtain a K3 visa, so your spouse can come wait for the approval of your I-130 with you. I am married and we have filed our I-130, and I would LOVE if he could come wait in the US with me.. but... what's the catch? Can anyone enlighten me?

My K3 was approved after CR1. So seems no need to do K3 (K3 administratively closed. it's still there cuz law requires so ?).

Edited by peter.chou

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

From what I have heard from other members more experienced than me, the K3 visa is now obsolete. It was created when a CR1/IR1 visa used to take well over a year to be issued. It would have gotten your husband to you in about 8 months. Ever since the changes made the CR1/IR1 now takes 9-10 months to be issued, K3 is no longer worth it.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Applying for a K-3 does not allow you to wait in the USA for approval of an I-130. You still have to wait like everyone else to get the visa before moving / going to the USA. Unless you already have a tourist visa or are able to use VWP to travel to the USA and visit during the process.

K-3 does not get you a green card on entry. You have to wait and apply for it after entry to the USA. More money and more waiting.

CR-1 does get you a green card on entry to the USA no more waiting no more money finished.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Got It. Thanks for the information. I thought it sounded a little too good to be true :) It makes sense that they would create something like that when the process used to take such a long time. They should probably just remove it from their site.

pAAEm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I guess my next question would be, is it possible for him to come on a visitor visa for a while? It's not really possible for me to take time off from work to go visit him, but it's possible for him to visit me? is it even likely that he will get approved?

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

I guess my next question would be, is it possible for him to come on a visitor visa for a while? It's not really possible for me to take time off from work to go visit him, but it's possible for him to visit me? is it even likely that he will get approved?

Visitor's visa from Morocco is very difficult to get. With an American wife...impossible.

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I commend your positive outlook!!! Let us all know if you get it

event.png

event.png

Timeline

A positive outlook is great, as you need one to get through immigration. Being realistic is another thing. Getting a visitor's visa for a young Moroccan man with an American wife is impossible. It's a fact, not an opinion. You could still try, but you will just lose your monies :(

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

A positive outlook is great, as you need one to get through immigration. Being realistic is another thing. Getting a visitor's visa for a young Moroccan man with an American wife is impossible. It's a fact, not an opinion. You could still try, but you will just lose your monies :(

Have you tried to get one? did it not work?

pAAEm7.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wayne Gretzky said that "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Chances that he will get a visitor visa if he does not apply = zero.

Changes that he will get a visitor visa if he apply = better than zero.

Facts:

Muslim men and young men from Muslim countries have a very hard time getting visas to the US.

A US wife makes it even harder for a man to get a visitor visa.

Hard does not equal impossible. If it was impossible then no one would ever get a visitor visa to visit the US with a pending immigration petition. We know this is not true because so many have successfully obtained and used visitor visas. However, their situations may be vastly different from the OP because he may be Muslim and comes from a country with possible ties to terrorists.

What's the best and worst that can happen if he apply for a tourist visa?

Pro: He has a possibility of getting a visitor visa (no matter how low his chances are - there is a possibility; see Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber - a one in a billion chance is still a chance).

Con: He could be refused the visitor visa. He would lose the money and time in trying to obtain the visa.

Does it make sense to spend the time and money on the visitor visa in light of the small chances while you are dealing with a pending immigration visa? Is it worth the investment given the risk of a denial? Only you can make the final decision.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Have you tried to get one? did it not work?

I personally have not tried, but have found out over the years, that a visitor visa from a MENA country is very, very hard to get. There must be super strong ties to the home country, (job, property, lots of money etc) so that the consulate is certain the one looking for a tourist visa will return to their country. Morocco is a high fraud country. A man looking for a tourist visa when he is married to an American shows the consulate that they have more reason to stay in the US, than to return back to their home country. This is why it is practically impossible for someone with an American spouse to get a visitor visa to America. Here are some other links to your question, and that I am not just trying to burst your bubble.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344514-tourist-visa-for-morocco/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/279243-send-an-invitation-to-my-husband/

Also, if you ask this in the MENA forum, you will get realistic answers from others with experience in MENA

Edited by tany1157

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

How about a little humorous sarcasm? I was completely kidding Tany. Bu if OP finds a legal way I'm in. :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Wayne Gretzky said that "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Chances that he will get a visitor visa if he does not apply = zero.

Changes that he will get a visitor visa if he apply = better than zero.

Facts:

Muslim men and young men from Muslim countries have a very hard time getting visas to the US.

A US wife makes it even harder for a man to get a visitor visa.

Hard does not equal impossible. If it was impossible then no one would ever get a visitor visa to visit the US with a pending immigration petition. We know this is not true because so many have successfully obtained and used visitor visas. However, their situations may be vastly different from the OP because he may be Muslim and comes from a country with possible ties to terrorists.

What's the best and worst that can happen if he apply for a tourist visa?

Pro: He has a possibility of getting a visitor visa (no matter how low his chances are - there is a possibility; see Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber - a one in a billion chance is still a chance).

Con: He could be refused the visitor visa. He would lose the money and time in trying to obtain the visa.

Does it make sense to spend the time and money on the visitor visa in light of the small chances while you are dealing with a pending immigration visa? Is it worth the investment given the risk of a denial? Only you can make the final decision.

Even if one applies for a visitor visa...Isnt there somewhere on the visitor visa where you have to check your intentions and it would EITHER be visiting for pleasure or immigration then there is conflict?

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.