lynn2018

Tourist Visa for Morocco

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi guys!!! i just came back from being in Morocco with my fiance' for 16 days!! we are taking our time in filing for the K-1 so that we have everything together and can get things right the first time through. before filing for K-1, i was hoping to maybe try to get him a tourist visa until we start filing the K-1. i want to make sure that he likes it here and whatnot so that he isnt blind-sighted when he gets here, inchallah. does anyone know or have any experience in the tourist visa with morocco? he doesnt have a job right now but he has a bach. degree, his mother and aunt live in taza, they have land with his name included on it and he has some money but what he doesnt have i would be supporting the remainder while he is here. if we cannot do it, its not going to break us, i just thought it would be nice for him to see things here before he is here permanently, inchallah. so any help is greatly appreciated but please no negative comments. i take criticism very well but i dont want any bashing of anything. thanks!

Getting a tourist visa is really hard. As the petitioner for the visa, need to qualify by their means. They need to proof a strong ties back home. Not having a job, house or appartment would be really hard to proof the intent to get back especially when the country is rated lower level of living from the US. Mentioning that he is going to see the fiancee, would make things even worth, as the CO will look at this as an attempt to immigrate. The petitioner also need to show that he is able to support himself during the trip here. That he have money for the ticket, and have sufficient funds to support himself while he is here.

While you can give it a try based on the situation that you described most likely your fiance will be denied. Which may or may not impact your ability to get a K-1 (Fiance/Fiancee) visa as well.

I would recommend save some money, file the K-1 visa, and go visit him, as it would be much easier.

Good luck!!!

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband tried to get one and they said For Immigration purposes so it is denied.

He has property, money and 2 jobs, strong family ties.... since he had a USC wife they believed his intent to stay would be greater then his intent to return to Egypt.

It cost like 150 dollars and a day of travel but at least we tried.

And you will never know unless he tries

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He has no job, and a fiancee in America. So he has more ties to America than he has to Morocco. His chances of getting a visitor's visa are zero.

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dont go thru visitor visa,is very hard to get and generally might have impact on you guys future visa application.....You can always visit till you guys are ready for him to move here,Best option ......

Filed: Timeline

hi guys!!! i just came back from being in Morocco with my fiance' for 16 days!! we are taking our time in filing for the K-1 so that we have everything together and can get things right the first time through. before filing for K-1, i was hoping to maybe try to get him a tourist visa until we start filing the K-1. i want to make sure that he likes it here and whatnot so that he isnt blind-sighted when he gets here, inchallah. does anyone know or have any experience in the tourist visa with morocco? he doesnt have a job right now but he has a bach. degree, his mother and aunt live in taza, they have land with his name included on it and he has some money but what he doesnt have i would be supporting the remainder while he is here. if we cannot do it, its not going to break us, i just thought it would be nice for him to see things here before he is here permanently, inchallah. so any help is greatly appreciated but please no negative comments. i take criticism very well but i dont want any bashing of anything. thanks!

Hi Courtney, Yes it's true it's almost a zero chance of getting a tourist visa from Morocco. Mohammed has many friends denied even who had jobs, money, etc. in their name. My husband at one time got accepted to the University of Alabama to finish his studies and had a co sponsor here from the States his Uncle and they denied him of this student visa saying he didn't have enough ties to Morocco. So he finished his Masters there and started working. As someone said it's the older and more wealthy ones that get the visa's unfortunately.

Most who move here overall love the USA and just remember one thing, it's not America he has to LOVE it's YOU...... Mohammed said if something were to happen between us, that he would not hesitate to move back to Morocco as it was only me and our love that brought him here in the first place.

Take care and save up for your second trip back to Morocco and gain some more evidence to prove your relationship is real.

bye for now, darlene

I think having your SO denied for a tourist visa is just part of the learning curve of this whole immigration process (provided your SO is not from a VWP country). This board is littered with people who were denied for a tourist visa before pursuing immigrant visas. A lot of times I think people want to find out for themselves if they will be approved and it ends up being their first indication that this process might not be as simple as they thought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think he would have major issues even if he was not applying in a high fraud country.

There is no downside in applying and being rejected.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.