Texas22

K1 Petition - Delays in Processing

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL...I know about being a stickler. Evidence of domicile is proof of address where your fiancee lives in the US. I took a copy of my fiancees drivers license, a current utility bill and a copy of his lease. Funny because I was not asked for any of this but had it just in case.

I sent my Package 3 into the consulate as soon as I received my NOA2 and then called DOS every day after I sent it to see if it was logged in the system and as soon as it was, I started trying to schedule my appointment.

You will also have to file the DS160 before you send Package 3. This will have to go into the package.

Photos were I think 3 for the medical. I went to Blacks in the Eaton Centre to get my pics done and got them to put the pics on a disc. I was able to print off extra pics at home if I needed them.

Double check the consulates website for Package 3 instructions so you have everything.

Kim,

Also check out the link below. I printed this off and followed the steps and did not have any issues during my interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327503-canada-immigration-k1-guide-for-montreal/

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey man don't worry ok. We got the NOA1 on Dec 30, 2011 and just this morning (Afghanistan time). We got the NOA2 email from the USCIS. Gosh I was so happy. I started freaking out too when I saw the 8 months it went up on the ESTIMATOR. But happy now. Just be patient

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey man don't worry ok. We got the NOA1 on Dec 30, 2011 and just this morning (Afghanistan time). We got the NOA2 email from the USCIS. Gosh I was so happy. I started freaking out too when I saw the 8 months it went up on the ESTIMATOR. But happy now. Just be patient

Congratulations!! :dance:

Kimberley and Richard
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Montreal, Canada
2012-01-25 : I-129F Sent
2012-01-27 : VSC Received
2012-01-31 : I-129F NOA1 Notice Date
2012-02-01 : Touch
2012-07-05 : RFE Email (after 161 days)
2012-07-11 : RFE Received in Mail
2012-07-12 : RFE Reply Sent via USPS Overnight
2012-07-13 : RFE Reply Received at VSC at 12:16 PM
2012-07-18 : Case status updated to: "Request for Evidence Response Review"
2012-09-20 : Service Request Submitted with Tier 2 ISO
2012-09-25 : NOA2 Approved after 242 days!!
2013-01-07: Medical
2013-01-22: Interview - Approved! smile.png

My blog and video review of the Montreal Hotel that we stayed in: http://fanatictourist.com/blog/travel-tales/review-le-square-phillips-hotel-and-suites-montreal-canada/

2013-04-30: POE - Sarnia / Pt. Huron

2013-05-06: Made it legal.

2013-06-10: Apply for AOS, EAD and AP

2013-08-27: EAD / AP Received
2013-09-17: Greencard Received

2013-09-28: Wedding! smile.png

2015-06-15: Sent I-751 Application - Removal of Conditions.
2015-11-23: Approved
2015-12-02: 10 yr Green Card Rec'd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

eaglewest,

When I read your post I thought perhaps I was going nuts, so I went back to check again this morning.. and I got the same thing as I did yesterday, with an effective date of Feb 29, 2012. I have attached a screenshot below.

So I'm completely confused by the accuracy of the information.

post-119922-0-30291800-1335530995_thumb.jpg

When I first check on that page it said 5 months. Now it changed to June 14, 2011 while CSC still on 5 months. But you have to understand 5 months is their goal to process petitions (K1). It really doesn't mean that everyone will certainly be approved by that time. With the influx of new petitions, it can slow down. Some takes only 3 or 4 months while others have to wait 6 to 7 or even 9 months to get approved.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance originally sent our I129F petition to the Texas Lock Box on January 25th and it was transferred to Vermont Service Center. We received our NOA1 dated January 31st. At that time, USCIS website said that the processing times in Vermont for K1/K2 petitions was 5 months.

I checked today and it is now 8.7 months. :( UGGGG!!

So I guess my question is... Should I wait until we receive NOA2 before requesting a police check and completing the I134?

Are there any other documents that are date sensitive that we should hold off on for now?

Thanks

Today sucks!!

:(:(:(

Police certificate is goods for one year at the consulate. I-134 data should be "recent" when submitted. Less than 60 days is great.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.