Angelica_Chinedu

Your Attorney & Your Interview!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Is it true that your Attorney gets a list of ALL the questions the Embassy will ask you? Is it true that he will give you the heads-up on All the questions so that you can be better prepared? Is it true that you can only get 1 question wrong?

None of it is true. Embassy doesn't communicate with the attorney. All the heads up he will give you is the same as you can read on this forum just by going to your country portal, and read embassies reviews. This is not an exam, so what kind of thing it is 1 question wrong??? The CO is just trying to establish whether this is a bonafide relationship, so you have to make sure to provide plenty of evidence. Being from high fraud country doesn't help a lot. And if it is a bonafide relationship, why would you need any heads up, you should be ready to answer any questions related to your application or significant other.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

None of it is true. Embassy doesn't communicate with the attorney. All the heads up he will give you is the same as you can read on this forum just by going to your country portal, and read embassies reviews. This is not an exam, so what kind of thing it is 1 question wrong??? The CO is just trying to establish whether this is a bonafide relationship, so you have to make sure to provide plenty of evidence. Being from high fraud country doesn't help a lot. And if it is a bonafide relationship, why would you need any heads up, you should be ready to answer any questions related to your application or significant other.

You're absolutely right. I thought this was true before because, I called an Immigration Law firm and was given a consultation and was told this. I knew it kind of sounded wierd, which is why I made this post. What exactly are Immigration Attorneys good for, anyway?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

An attorney is useful if you have difficulty understanding and filling in detailed forms, or if you have a difficult case (convictions, overstay etc). However, in a normal case all an attorney does is take your money and slow things down

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ive never heard of such trueness...... :wacko:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

My lawyer didn't help during my interview in regards to interview questions - they just had my paperwork in order. I'm sure I could of asked questions if I was worried.

My experience in using a lawyer http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/359580-my-experience-using-a-lawyer-for-k-1-visa/page__p__5249933__fromsearch__1#entry5249933

Timeline

My lawyer didn't help during my interview in regards to interview questions - they just had my paperwork in order. I'm sure I could of asked questions if I was worried.

My experience in using a lawyer http://www.visajourn..._1#entry5249933

First No No and Hell no. No questions given in advance best to prepare by looking over the basic questions they have here in the guides. Than go through everyone of the embassy reviews (198 for Nigeria) the real good reviews post the questions ask. Some questions are couple specific maybe to address the red flags. But you can sse for couples that seem to have front-loaded very well there wasn't a whole lot of questions. But its all about knowing each other and knowing who you uncles cousins sisters dogs name is. (LOL just kidding). But for real I have quizzed my husband and he knows my first dogs name. My first grade teacher the street I was born no. That's going back 53 years. WOW

Oh and Congrats Awkwardsoul. Newlyweds. And you have your baby with you.kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifrose.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

An attorney is useful if you have difficulty understanding and filling in detailed forms, or if you have a difficult case (convictions, overstay etc). However, in a normal case all an attorney does is take your money and slow things down

Okay... :lol:

Timeline

First No No and Hell no. No questions given in advance best to prepare by looking over the basic questions they have here in the guides. Than go through everyone of the embassy reviews (198 for Nigeria) the real good reviews post the questions ask. Some questions are couple specific maybe to address the red flags. But you can sse for couples that seem to have front-loaded very well there wasn't a whole lot of questions. But its all about knowing each other and knowing who you uncles cousins sisters dogs name is. (LOL just kidding). But for real I have quizzed my husband and he knows my first dogs name. My first grade teacher the street I was born no. That's going back 53 years. WOW

Oh and Congrats Awkwardsoul. Newlyweds. And you have your baby with you.kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifrose.gif

No, No and Hell No!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks. I needed that! :)

Edited by Angelica_Chinedu

Timeline

My experience in using a lawyer http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/359580-my-experience-using-a-lawyer-for-k-1-visa/page__p__5249933__fromsearch__1#entry5249933

Thank you so much! :)

And Congratulations to you! :thumbs:

Ive never heard of such trueness...... :wacko:

Okay... :lol:

Timeline

No, No and Hell No!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks. I needed that! :)

Hehe I am in rare form. Okay you want prep questions here you go.

If I was the CO.innocent.gif

1. You love this person?

2. Whats there name?

3. Do you know relationships are hard?

4. Then why do you want to move half way across the world to be with them?

5. You know us Americans are hard headed think we the best people on earth you know?

6. Can you live with such superior beings?

7. Do you love America?

8. Will you forsake all others and give us all your tax monies on time?

9. You promise to love honor and submit and obey this person?

Okay welcome to America, pick up your Visa at window 4 (I mean why delay pick up now heck). good.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thanks Penguin_ie.... Btw, you and your baby look so cute in your photo you having him wrapped in your carrier. :)

Timeline

1. You love this person?

2. Whats there name?

5. You know us Americans are hard headed think we the best people on earth you know?

7. Do you love America?

Okay welcome to America, pick up your Visa at window 4 (I mean why delay pick up now heck). good.gif

All come on Dwheels!!! If it really were that simple, their wouldn't be a such thing as "VisaJourney"! :lol::lol::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. You love this person?

2. Whats there name?

7. Do you love America?

I lol'd, humble Americans at it again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:bonk:

1. You love this person?

2. Whats there name?

7. Do you love America?

:bonk: Very ignorant. What I got out of the questions is that is how you view us Americans. If you feel that way why even come to our country? You should have put honest questions, not sarcastic ones. Apparently you must like the U.S. or why would you want to come to our country since you think we have a superialistic attitude. Figures. :ot2:

Edited by RickJovi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.