NigeriAmerica

Facebook - Make or Break Your Case?

86 posts in this topic

Is it true? The CO Folks at the Embassy check your Facebook activities to view you and/or your fiance's/spouse' behavior? Many people use aliases and many people have the exact same names, so how are they certain the accounts truly belong to the Petitioners and/or their Fiances with pending cases with USCIS? :unsure:

If they are questioning any of your answers, it is very easy to use each persons email address. Inserting it in the search box of Facebook, will take you directly to the persons page. So they can see, that email correspondences match up to each, ie, timeline of relationship....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

What is the big deal if they do look at your facebook? Mine is set on private for everyone except my friends and family but if they ever asked for my password i probably wouldn't have minded giving it to them because it would just confirm a 100 percent that my relationship was true and that I have nothing to hide.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What is the big deal if they do look at your facebook? Mine is set on private for everyone except my friends and family but if they ever asked for my password i probably wouldn't have minded giving it to them because it would just confirm a 100 percent that my relationship was true and that I have nothing to hide.

That is because you were born Perfect! :rofl:

Timeline

That is because you were born Perfect! :rofl:

Sorry but noone is perfect including my self I just don't think them looking at Facebook is a big deal.

Touched January 6, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really don't understand the big deal here. My relationship is genuine, therefore my fiancee is all over my facebook, along with her family, photos of us all together and significant events like when we met and when we got engaged.

I would have thought that anyone in a genuine relationship could say the same?!?!

Edited by UK_K1

13th March 2012 - Petition Sent

15th March 2012 - NOA1 sent

20th March 2012 - NOA1 received

28th June 2012 - "Touched"

2nd October 2012 - NOA2

11th October 2012 - Received by NVC, Case # issued.

12th October 2012 - NVC sent case to London Embassy

15th October 2012 - Case received by London Embassy

7th November 2012 - Medical Exam

10th November 2012 - Packet 3 Sent

14th November 2012 - Packet 3 received by London Embassy

14th December 2012 - Interview Date Received

18th December 2012 - Interview - Approved pending updated Police Certificate

9th January 2013 - Updated Police Certificate & Passport sent to Embassy

16th January 2013 - Visa approved

21st January 2013 - Scheduled delivery of Passport & Visa

22nd January 2013 - Flying from LHR to DFW!

Timeline

I really don't understand the big deal here. My relationship is genuine, therefore my fiancee is all over my facebook, along with her family, photos of us all together and significant events like when we met and when we got engaged.

I would have thought that anyone in a genuine relationship could say the same?!?!

Couldn't have said it better! :)

Touched January 6, 2011

[/url]

Timeline

Sorry but noone is perfect including my self I just don't think them looking at Facebook is a big deal.

It may not bother you, but it may bother some people. Some question posted on here may not have application to you directly, so you don't have to answer if it does not apply to you. Also, just because a Petitioner and/or Beneficiary does not feel comfortable with their Facebook being exposed, does not signify wrong-doing. Some people just simply rather not have it viewed and judged by the Embassy folks, that's all. Just because it does not bother you doesn't me something is wrong just because it bothers someone else. People on VJ should not be judging others. We all here to encourage and support one another, not look down on them and pass judgement. Thank you. :)

Edited by NigeriAmerica

Timeline

It may not bother you, but it may bother some people. Some question posted on here may not have application to you directly, so you don't have to answer if it does not apply to you. Also, just because a Petitioner and/or Beneficiary does not feel comfortable with their Facebook being exposed, does not signify wrong-doing. Some people just simply rather not have it viewed and judged by the Embassy folks, that's all. Just because it does not bother you doesn't me something is wrong just because it bothers someone else. People on VJ should not be judging others. We all here to encourage and support one another, not look down on them and pass judgement. Thank you. :)

Filed: Timeline

I agree with you about FaceBook/

Regarding the bolded part, it's sad for sure and I think it's just frustrated petitioners taking off steam and I don't think they are really that much of stuck up troglodytes in real life :D

Timeline

I am sorry if me having nothing to hide offended you. It is just my opinion just like yours is your opinion. That does not mean i am not enouragin members or looking down up on them. I just know that ever sicne me and my husband met and began a relationship he was a presence on my facebook and in my life even if he was a 12 hour flight away from me. My facebook is full of pictures of me, him, us, our families, friends and everything else it was like that before and after the interview and that was my choice just like yours might be not to put any of it on facebook (i dont know i dont have you as a friend im just giving an example). What i will say is that the Consul has to decide your relationship is legitimate or not and if it comes down to him seeing my facebook or not seeing it I would let him see it because it will just confirm that I have nothing to hide. Imagine saying no if they ever asked and than them thinking you have something to hide. Again that is just my opinon doesnt mean that I am putting anyone down I am just stating it. You are the one that came with your comment of "well you must be perfect" which I never said I was i just said i had nothing to hide.

Touched January 6, 2011

[/url]

Timeline

I am sorry if me having nothing to hide offended you. It is just my opinion just like yours is your opinion. That does not mean i am not enouragin members or looking down up on them. I just know that ever sicne me and my husband met and began a relationship he was a presence on my facebook and in my life even if he was a 12 hour flight away from me. My facebook is full of pictures of me, him, us, our families, friends and everything else it was like that before and after the interview and that was my choice just like yours might be not to put any of it on facebook (i dont know i dont have you as a friend im just giving an example). What i will say is that the Consul has to decide your relationship is legitimate or not and if it comes down to him seeing my facebook or not seeing it I would let him see it because it will just confirm that I have nothing to hide. Imagine saying no if they ever asked and than them thinking you have something to hide. Again that is just my opinon doesnt mean that I am putting anyone down I am just stating it. You are the one that came with your comment of "well you must be perfect" which I never said I was i just said i had nothing to hide.

Okay; I understand. Thank you for your heartfelt explanation. :)

I agree with you about FaceBook/

Regarding the bolded part, it's sad for sure and I think it's just frustrated petitioners taking off steam and I don't think they are really that much of stuck up troglodytes in real life :D

Yeah! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I actually included many FB posts with pictures of us and our marriage well wishes ,etc. as evidence in our petition. It doesn't mean a hill of beans to me if they check my FB because I posted alot on there during our honeymoon with pics and all.

Timeline

I have my mother as well as my father-in-law as Facebook friends, and I post accordingly.

Yea, I'm safe.

That's wonderful! :)

I actually included many FB posts with pictures of us and our marriage well wishes ,etc. as evidence in our petition. It doesn't mean a hill of beans to me if they check my FB because I posted alot on there during our honeymoon with pics and all.

So in this case, Facebook can be beneficial to your case. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.