doodlebug

honeymoon with the WHOLE family?

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know what they sell... actually like quite a bit of the things they sell... but I don't wear them on TV for everyone to see ;) therefore, it's Veiled Princess' secret but not Victoria's when I wear it :lol:

:blush::blush:

Does this mean I have your permission to call it Victoria's Exposed???? :unsure:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know what they sell... actually like quite a bit of the things they sell... but I don't wear them on TV for everyone to see ;) therefore, it's Veiled Princess' secret but not Victoria's when I wear it :lol:

:blush::blush:

Does this mean I have your permission to call it Victoria's Exposed???? :unsure:

uh sure, veiled princess's secret was tmi :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yeah, they sell clothes too. One of the admins I used to sit near wore them to work. You could see most of the implants she bought on her credit card when she was wearing them. Their clothes are just like their lingerie - designed to show off your better attributes.

Have to partially agree here... their shirts are REDICULOUS, all cut-outs, skin tight, etc. they look kinda trashy to me in general, but the pants! i own a dozen or so of them. LOVE the marisa fit and a close second is the christie fit.

some of the unmentionables get destructed faster than i think a $44 item should be though :blush:

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

all of this just reminded me that i need to find the nearest store now that nessa is here :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
would this be too provacative to hang out in?

http://www.roamans.com/product.aspx?PfId=9...;PurchaseType=0

I think depending on how low that neckline is on you... it would be ok to wear in front of the family... but personally I would look for something with a little higher neckline, and also maybe not so high slits in the sides. If it is you and you SO or only females it would be ok...

I personally think this caftan is more wise choice http://www.roamans.com/product.aspx?PfId=7...;PurchaseType=0

Also here are some suggestions from an actual Islamic /Arabe www... to.. get you some idea of what you might like to wear... but really I would try to buy all you just for your travel to Egypte (if you are going) and buy the rest there...more cheaper and nicer.

Filed: Timeline
I think depending on how low that neckline is on you... it would be ok to wear in front of the family... but personally I would look for something with a little higher neckline, and also maybe not so high slits in the sides. If it is you and you SO or only females it would be ok...

I personally think this caftan is more wise choice http://www.roamans.com/product.aspx?PfId=7...;PurchaseType=0

Also here are some suggestions from an actual Islamic /Arabe www... to... get you some idea of what you might like to wear... but really I would try to buy all you just for your travel to Egypte (if you are going) and buy the rest there...more cheaper and nicer.

Those are nice Henia but I wouldn't spend $40-$50 PLUS shipping for anything just yet... I'd wait till you get there and go shopping :yes:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So to sum it all up:

1) buy a robe for going to and from the shower/bath

2) be prepared for a wicked quick shower

3) make sure you use the bidet thingy before the tp comes into play

4) no sexy lingerie in case the relatives come storming into the room

5) get a house dress and get over the whole 70yr old housewife image thing.

Did I miss anything? lol

Not for nuttin' but this doesn't sound too romantic to me! :huh:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
So to sum it all up:

1) buy a robe for going to and from the shower/bath

2) be prepared for a wicked quick shower

3) make sure you use the bidet thingy before the tp comes into play

4) no sexy lingerie in case the relatives come storming into the room

5) get a house dress and get over the whole 70yr old housewife image thing.

Did I miss anything? lol

Not for nuttin' but this doesn't sound too romantic to me! :huh:

yup.. .sounds about right - i also found it handy to have wet wipes available at most times!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you will find that your fiance/husband finds things that a normal American guy or girl wouldn't find sexy - very attractive. The house dress thing --- my husband always asks me to wear it here, maybe he's homesick but it wasn't an issue, you have to remember this is what they are use to. When I did wear something more revealing he was so worried I would get cold and sick that I don't think it really made any difference to him. Also it's a rare day when he tells me I look beautiful after doing my hair, wearing something more revealing etc. However, now that I cover I find him telling me more and more often how beautiful I look. I'm not saying every guy is like this but it's what THEY are use to. Their culture is more conservative so they find other things attractive. (Not that he doesn't ooogle everytime we walk by V. Secret - but I usually get, "that's nice but a little trashy for my wife")

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I think you will find that your fiance/husband finds things that a normal American guy or girl wouldn't find sexy - very attractive. The house dress thing --- my husband always asks me to wear it here, maybe he's homesick but it wasn't an issue, you have to remember this is what they are use to. When I did wear something more revealing he was so worried I would get cold and sick that I don't think it really made any difference to him. Also it's a rare day when he tells me I look beautiful after doing my hair, wearing something more revealing etc. However, now that I cover I find him telling me more and more often how beautiful I look. I'm not saying every guy is like this but it's what THEY are use to. Their culture is more conservative so they find other things attractive. (Not that he doesn't ooogle everytime we walk by V. Secret - but I usually get, "that's nice but a little trashy for my wife")

So very true. :thumbs: My fiance gives me tons of compliments when I dress more conservativly (no line) :lol: Its just hard for me to find clothing like that. He loves jeans on me with a blazer/jacket and a cute top underneath. Thats his favortite look. I'm not a big fan of dresses/skirts and neither is he. I need to be able to bend comfortably. :lol: Luckily enough he is very tall and I can always wear my cute high heels which make me feel a bit more stylish.

I have about $800 in gift cards that I have been unable to spend bcz I can't find "conservative" clothes that I like.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

wait until your SO gets here and goes shopping with you. I am sure he will find you the ugliest clothes to wear :lol:

The only time I took a cold shower in Jordan was when I didn't know you had to turn the switch on for the electric water heater to come on. That was the fastest shower I ever had. As for the bathroom they had a regular american style bathroom but with the handheld water hose. when I first use the bathroom I was looking around for the TP but now luckily i had some and it didn't plug up the toliet, but I asked my husband where is the tissue i seen tissue in every room but the bathroom so he had his mother come in and show me how to use the water hose. :lol: I thought to myself damn they must think americans are unclean. :lol:

I only used a arab style bathroom once and that was when we were married and rented a house which had a regular style toliet and another bathroom with the hole in the ground with the handheld water hose. My husband was taking a shower and i need to go cuz we drank a lot of tea, so when you gotta go you gotta go. The only thing i was worried about was splashing myself :lol: Like sarah says "Good Times" makes me laugh every time I think about little insignificant things that happen to me in Jordan. I take baby wipes to work and put them in the bathroom they go quickly because everyone uses them now.

I have a couple of drawers full of lingere some i never wore. I do have some palestinian and jordanian dresses now, but I never wear them. They are too pretty to wear so i just leave them in my closet and look at them. Give me some old navy soft cotton pj pants and a big shirt and i'm comfy. i am so use to wearing nursing scrubs that when i do wear regular clothes i feel restricted. My husband also dresses for comfort. First thing when he gets home from work is the shoes are off and off to the shower and just cotton shirt and cotton pj pants.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So very true. :thumbs: My fiance gives me tons of compliments when I dress more conservativly (no line) :lol: Its just hard for me to find clothing like that. He loves jeans on me with a blazer/jacket and a cute top underneath. Thats his favortite look. I'm not a big fan of dresses/skirts and neither is he. I need to be able to bend comfortably. :lol: Luckily enough he is very tall and I can always wear my cute high heels which make me feel a bit more stylish.

I have about $800 in gift cards that I have been unable to spend bcz I can't find "conservative" clothes that I like.

bend and snap.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Also here are some suggestions from an actual Islamic /Arabe www... to... get you some idea of what you might like to wear... but really I would try to buy all you just for your travel to Egypte (if you are going) and buy the rest there...more cheaper and nicer.

Ok I took your advice and ordered that caftan. :) Looks comfy. Got a zip up fuzzy robe too :)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok I took your advice and ordered that caftan. :) Looks comfy. Got a zip up fuzzy robe too :)

Very nice...but like I said just buy and bring enough clothes for your travel and the first few days...after that your SO or his family will take you shopping...and buy all you need then. Also I am not sure on your size (sorry if I am overstepping the line) but I have found sizes run smaller then they do in the USA here in Algerie. Also here in Algerie I have found the biggest size that most places carry is the evaluent to an American 16... but as your SO is form Egypte alot of the women there are more heavy set... the sizes might run bigger...but like I said I donnot know your size and I donnot mean to prie into your business...just an FYI.

Here is some more jibes I found online...

http://www.aljilbab.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ab0006xxl

http://www.aljilbab.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ab0012xl

http://www.jelbab.com/product.asp?prdID=7306543

http://www.jelbab.com/product.asp?prdID=5806744

http://www.jelbab.com/product.asp?prdID=500NA243

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11043419/La...ro_Musilms.html

http://www.alhannah.com/products/ab295.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.