X Factor

Judge Sets Bail at $150,000 for Shooter in Trayvon Martin Case

153 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm growing more confident this isn't even going to trial.

Yup. Especially after this new pic was released today.

http://maroonedinmarin.blogspot.com/2012/04/breaking-photo-shows-george-zimmerman.html

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Any other person could reasonably feel afraid when encountering GZ and stand his ground, right? I mean, GZ is trigger happy. Would you say that anyone would have to take that chance?

If he isn't allowed to be armed, what's he going to stand his ground with?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup. Especially after this new pic was released today.

http://maroonedinmar...-zimmerman.html

That photograph tells little, if anything about Zimmerman's head, but I've had small cuts on my arm that have bled that much. Where's the medical report? I've seen patients with head trauma from fights, beer bottles hit over their head, injuries from blacking out and hitting concrete, being kicked in the head. Whatever injuries Zimmerman sustained in the altercation must be presumed superficial or he would spent at least a few days in the ICU or longer. But even if Zimmerman bumped his head on the ground, that doesn't mean he was fighting for his life, unless you afford the same possibility for Martin as well. Two guys fighting (for their lives perhaps), one unarmed and one with a gun,

Timeline

That photograph tells little, if anything about Zimmerman's head, but I've had small cuts on my arm that have bled that much. Where's the medical report? I've seen patients with head trauma from fights, beer bottles hit over their head, injuries from blacking out and hitting concrete, being kicked in the head. Whatever injuries Zimmerman sustained in the altercation must be presumed superficial or he would spent at least a few days in the ICU or longer. But even if Zimmerman bumped his head on the ground, that doesn't mean he was fighting for his life, unless you afford the same possibility for Martin as well. Two guys fighting (for their lives perhaps), one unarmed and one with a gun,

Remember its the fear of being badly injured or killed; Zimmerman doesn't actually need to have life threatening injuries already to claim self defense. What that does show was he was probably on his back at one point.

Filed: Timeline

Remember its the fear of being badly injured or killed; Zimmerman doesn't actually need to have life threatening injuries already to claim self defense. What that does show was he was probably on his back at one point.

you're going to have to stop with this rational thinking-deductive reasoning business.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You do not have to be "fighting for your life" Reasonable fear of severe bodily injury is sufficient to support deadly force. Bashing someones head on a hard surface qualifies. It does not matter that later the injuries appear to be superficial. They COULD have been severe and THAT IS ALL that is needed. Read the law and stop making things up, you will only be disappointed for no good reason.

Martin IS allowed the same defense. We will see what he says at the trial.

Zimmerman will, has, made the claim he was in fear of severe bodily injury and used deadly force in accordance with Florida law. The prosecution must PROVE he was NOT in fear of injury and in fact decided to purposely kill Martin (he is charged with 2nd degree murder, you know, not manslaughter or negligent homicide) Give Floridas deadly force law, Floridas "stand your ground" law, his injuries and a lack of testimony from Martin...that is going to be very difficult to prove. The prosecutor was nuts to makethe charge she did, IMO.

we have a trial process for this in which the evidence will be presented. There is no obligation to reveal any evidence prior to the trial. At this point for you to ask "Where is this..?" "What about that..." Is simply racist and prejudicial.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You do not have to be "fighting for your life" Reasonable fear of severe bodily injury is sufficient to support deadly force. Bashing someones head on a hard surface qualifies. It does not matter that later the injuries appear to be superficial. They COULD have been severe and THAT IS ALL that is needed. Read the law and stop making things up, you will only be disappointed for no good reason.

Martin IS allowed the same defense. We will see what he says at the trial.

Zimmerman will, has, made the claim he was in fear of severe bodily injury and used deadly force in accordance with Florida law. The prosecution must PROVE he was NOT in fear of injury and in fact decided to purposely kill Martin (he is charged with 2nd degree murder, you know, not manslaughter or negligent homicide) Give Floridas deadly force law, Floridas "stand your ground" law, his injuries and a lack of testimony from Martin...that is going to be very difficult to prove. The prosecutor was nuts to makethe charge she did, IMO.

we have a trial process for this in which the evidence will be presented. There is no obligation to reveal any evidence prior to the trial. At this point for you to ask "Where is this..?" "What about that..." Is simply racist and prejudicial.

If it is ok that a 16 year old high school student got chased down by an older man with a gun on his hip for walking in his own neighborhood....Then getting harassed and shot dead by the agressor.

Then why is this woman's Stand Your Ground (Give me a boo-boo and I can kill you) defense being denied?

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5316823

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Someone that can read laws! Hallelujah! Way to go Sousuke!

It also shows that a reasonable person COULD believe he was in danger of being severely injured. So here is a man who's head was being bashed on the sidewalk...note the injuries...NOW, convince a jury of 12 people to unanimously agree hewas NOT in fear of sever injury. Seriously?

And after that you have to convince the jury that Zimmerman decided, he was going to kill Martin. It was not an accident, it was not negligent, it was not bad judgement...it was an INTENTIONAL homicide that was not premeditated. THAT is the threshold the prosecutor must convince 12 jurors of unanimously.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

If it is ok that a 16 year old high school student got chased down by an older man with a gun on his hip for walking in his own neighborhood....Then getting harassed and shot dead by the agressor.

Then why is this woman's Stand Your Ground (Give me a boo-boo and I can kill you) defense being denied?

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5316823

You are mistaking my mentioning points of the law with a legal argument. I am making none at this point. Not my job. Merely pointing out that Zimmerman does not need to prove he was "fighting for his life" or any other made up nonsense created by liberals to promote an argument that does not exist.

Zimmerman will be tried, it will be decided by a jury as our system calls for.

I have no interst to investigate Zimmerman or this woman, you can spend your time with that. No thanks. But I will mention it when people make up nonsense.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You are mistaking my mentioning points of the law with a legal argument. I am making none at this point. Not my job. Merely pointing out that Zimmerman does not need to prove he was "fighting for his life" or any other made up nonsense created by liberals to promote an argument that does not exist.

Zimmerman will be tried, it will be decided by a jury as our system calls for.

I have no interst to investigate Zimmerman or this woman, you can spend your time with that. No thanks. But I will mention it when people make up nonsense.

If Zimmy was so scared he should not have been the neighborhood security guard. And he should not have chased after the young boy.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

If Zimmy was so scared he should not have been the neighborhood security guard. And he should not have chased after the young boy.

Its plausible, if he was attacked, that such a level of fear occurred only when he hit the ground, perhaps feeling the warm blood rolling down his head.

They need to prove he attacked Martin, or that during the struggle Martin pulled back to stop the engagement and yet Zimmerman still fired. Those are the only two scenarios that I believe Zimmerman can be convicted.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

I am sure the prosecutor will make that argument at the trial. :lol: She will probably even say "Zimmy".

:rofl:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Its plausible, if he was attacked, that such a level of fear occurred only when he hit the ground, perhaps feeling the warm blood rolling down his head.

They need to prove he attacked Martin, or that during the struggle Martin pulled back to stop the engagement and yet Zimmerman still fired. Those are the only two scenarios that I believe Zimmerman can be convicted.

Oh stop it Sousuke. Stop making sense and reading the law. This is supposed to be a racist lynching and you aren't playing along. You want a trial and stuff.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

To a point. There have been cases, for example, where a husband shot his wife and claims it was self defense, with superficial wounds on his body. Although it may be possible, but not probable that he reasonably feared for his life if she was unarmed. I don't think the jury only needs to be convinced that Martin fought with Zimmerman or even that Zimmerman was on his back at one point. They need to be convinced that Zimmerman was attacked unprovoked, and that he reasonably feared for his life. Perhaps his defense lawyer can make a convincing case, but so far, Zimmerman's claims and the evidence don't match up.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Timeline

They need to be convinced that Zimmerman was attacked unprovoked, and that he reasonably feared for his life. Perhaps his defense lawyer can make a convincing case, but so far, Zimmerman's claims and the evidence don't match up.

Isn't it innocent until guilty? They (the prosecution) need to prove he had no reasonable fear etc and they need to prove he caused the attack.

Edited by Sousuke